2.2 HC & SC 50-70K DPS Bladefall - Max Block + EB + MoM + AA + GR

Overview

PROS:
- Extremely tanky > Block + MoM + AA + GR + Lightning Coil + Enfeeble On Curse On Hit Setup + 3. End Charges + Immortal Call + Flasks + Good LGoH from Cybil's Paw & 6K life
- Good dps & Good clearing speed.
- Can do endgame content with ease > Normal Atizir, T15 Maps & Uber Atziri viable.
- No mana issues.
- 7 Jewel sockets.
- Budget version of the build is available, but not as good as the "real thing".
- Watch from 6:00 > on the uber video and you'll see how tanky the build is.

CONS:
- Endgame gear can be expensive.
- Build's full potential comes out at lvl 90~ ish.

Videos
- First uber run https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc0F-ThHadY
- T15 Colosseum double Daresso https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsX0dF7Hv6A
- Normal Atziri run with 5L & L19 Bladefall https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgChphCp65o
- More videos to home

!! Ascendancy & 2.2 UPDATE !!
- Bladefall got overall 20-23% nerf, but that doesnt effect our build even one bit, in fact we will have more damage thanks to scion berserker, raider ascendancy classes.

SWAP RAIDER FOR SLAYER VS ATZIRI/BOSSING

- Why do we get more damage?
1. We will get 1.5% leech from berserker node which will let us get rid of life leech gem and replace it with faster casting which should give us fat 10k~ more tooltip dps. Faster casting should alone cover the 20% damage nerf that bladefall received. On top of free life leech gem we will get 10% damage buff & 25% more cast speed if we take savage hit.
2. The raider class will give us free access to 3 frenzy charges which will give us 12% more cast speed & 12% more damage. On top of that we will get free phasing & onslaught (20% cast speed) when we reach 3 frenzy charges.

SKILL TREES for 2.2
- poeurl.com/yM2

Stats > BladeFall Damage & Builds defenses:

Spoiler

Passive tree & Leveling tips
Spoiler

- I would level up with flame totems, freezing pulse & fire traps untill you have the dexterity requirement for bladefall. After getting bladefall it should be easy surffing just like with incinerate on good ol' days.

- The leveling gear & skill tree I'm using at the moment.

- I would run Hatred + Herald of ash for more dps & faster leveling and switch it out later to the defensive auras when we have enough dps & required uniques.

- You should take Mind Over Matter, Eldrith Battery & Ghost Reaver when you reach around 1k ~ ES. That shouldn't be a problem at lvl 60~ with ES chest and ES shield. After getting those you can start using life leech to take care of your mana "issues" and you don't have to worry about em anymore.

- "Starting" at level 65~ skill tree you should focus on getting life nodes based on how comfortable/experienced you are playing Hardcore.

- After getting Mind Over Matter, Eldrith Battery & Ghost Reaver and most of the HP nodes from the skill tree you should start looking to get jewel sockets & block nodes.

- Block nodes to get in order: Testudo > Defiance > Scion block nodes > Solidity > Command of steel

- Finished skill tree at level 94 (NOTE SKIP THE 4% MANA RESERVE NODE IF YOU HAVE LVL 4 ENLIGHTEN/+1 GEMS BOOTS!)

poeurl.com/yM2

Bandits
Spoiler
- Help Oak = Maximum life
- Kill All = Skill pt
- Kill All = Skill pt

Required items & Budget Choices
Spoiler

- You can use either Tabula Rasa or 5-6L energy shield chest before you upgrade it to Lightning Coil
- The Rathpith is cheaper now Around ~1EX but if you cant afford it you can use ES shield with ES + life + res until you upgrade it to Rathpith
- Amulet: Stone of Lazhwar. BiS, spell block and cast speed.
- Boots: Rainbowstride. Not BiS, when you get enough base block to cap spell block just with Lazhwar/Rathpit, this boots will be obsolete, and you can change them for good rare ones.
- Helm: Rare helm with Life and Resists, preferably ES base with 150+ ES
- Rings: Rare rings with life/es and resists, any trash ring with some life and resists will do the trick, cast speed is a bonus, the expensive option is to craft max ES% from Elreon with a good 70+ life ring.
- Belt: Rare belt with life/es and resists.
- Gloves: Rare gloves with life and resists, personally I use armor/ev gloves, because is Beta and needed a cheap item for the Whirling blade colors (2R2G)
- Chest: Rare chest with HP and ES, 5L recommended, 6L not necessary.

Current gear on THC & skill tree

Endgame gear
Spoiler

Jewels
- You Want to get jewels with: Chance to block with shields + % maximum life + damage/resistance
- Remember that if you cant afford to buy block + life jewels, use life + damage instead until you can upgrade em later on!
- You can also buy jewels with chance to block with shields + damage and regal em trying to hit % life.

Flask Setup
- Standard setup for maps

- Flask setup is pretty self self-explanatory, bleed remove, curse remove & freeze remove are all a MUST thing in hardcore and you should always aim to roll your flasks before you start mapping.

- If you want damage/tankyness

- Taste of hate gives us 10K ~ tooltip dps boost & insane amount of mitigation. Atziri's promise is cheap way to get around 10K ~ tooltip dps boost but it has no mitigation like taste of hate. You can always use Rumi's concoction to cap your block until you get more block from the tree and later on can drop it.

Gems
- BladeFall Gemsetup >
FASTER CASTING NOW INSTEAD OF LIFE LEECH

- Bladefall > Conc > Faster casting > Spell echo > Added fire/Controlled destruction. 20/20 controlled destruction will be better than 20/0 added fire so use the one you have for 5L.

- Whirling Blades Setup >

- Best movement skill on PoE at the moment paired up with fortify that will make us even more tankier.

- Curse On Hit Setup >

- One of the best gem combos on this build. You block with tempest shield on > curse on hit > enfeeble > chain > whole pack gets cursed and do 30% less damage, less accuracy and have less crit.

- LGOH Setup >[/b]

- CwDT procs > Ball lightning hits multiple enemies many times and heals us tons through Cybil Paw. Artic Breath is to create chilled ground that will slow enemies and chill them.

- Auras >

- Use Herald of Ash, Hatred & Arctic Armour until you get to higher maps and of course have lightning coil and enlighten.

- IC Setup >

- Decoy totem is only required for uber & normal atziri so you should replace it with Vaal Lightning Trap, Abyssal cry, Vaal Haste or Rallying cry. It all comes to personal preference and you can choose yourself what fits your play style the best :).

Changelog
Spoiler

Guide created 9/01/2016
Added few tips on how to level 9/01/2016
Added a video 9/01/2016
Started leveling & made profile public 10/01/2016
2.2 Updated the guide 3/3/2016/

Special thanks to:
Spoiler
I would like to thank Yotmato for inspiring me to keep trying to come up with a similar build to his old 2.0 block incinerate build. This build is very similar to the old incinerate build with few changes in skill tree & obviously using bladeFall.
This build is designed to be played on the hardcore side of the game but it will do good in the SC leagues aswell obviously.

You can find Yotmato's old incinerate guide here
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1291120

PS. Most of the math & etc information on his thread still holds true with this build aswell so you can check his post for more detailed explanation on various topics of the build.
Last edited by Vilpertti on Apr 16, 2016, 4:20:00 AM
Last bumped on Sep 10, 2016, 9:12:34 AM
Updated, First "Guide" on pathofexile so please be gentle ;_;
Well if this is your first guide then blimey you've done your homework. Just two things that I would like to know. First is do you have a suggested leveling guide for this passive point wise, also is it suitable for leveling? The second is the gems, what gems do you need to buy and what ones do you get quest wise.
Legit, Bladefall seems to work much better for this than Blade Vortex.

Have you tried messing around with vessel of vinktar, the version that gives 20% of phys dmg as lightning? It's probably pretty gg for mapping even if you are shocked

A belt with reduced flask charges used or increased flask duration would be pretty nice too, I never used Taste of hate with Incinerate cause honestly it wasn't needed, but with Bladefall you get a ton of extra dmg out of it.

Bladefall isnt nearly as weak as Incinerate was vs Corrupting blood so you can probably get much more out of flasks than I ever did, at least for mapping, for Uber you still need a lot of bleeding immunity for trio and atziri.
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
Last edited by yotmato on Jan 9, 2016, 1:12:13 PM
"
yotmato wrote:

Have you tried messing around with vessel of vinktar, the version that gives 20% of phys dmg as lightning? It's probably pretty gg for mapping even if you are shocked

A belt with reduced flask charges used or increased flask duration would be pretty nice too, I never used Taste of hate with Incinerate cause honestly it wasn't needed, but with Bladefall you get a ton of extra dmg out of it.

Bladefall isnt nearly as weak as Incinerate was vs Corrupting blood so you can probably get much more out of flasks than I ever did, at least for mapping, for Uber you still need a lot of bleeding immunity for trio and atziri.

Yeah ToH & Atziri flask both give around 10k ~ Tooltip each so 20k combined. I'm going to buy that flask and see how it is in a bit.

On uber the conc effect gem makes it really awkward/impossible to kill the healing adds spawning from North-east corner. Increased AOE gem fixes that problem tho. Also still not that used to using this skill so dodging on the uber fight was kinda bad but overall really liking bladefall.

I was a huge fan of Yotmato's incinerate build last league, got me a long way. I'm really glad you were able to replicate the success so strongly. I have just a couple questions for you.

1) What is your order of importance for bladefall support?

2) How does this feel compared to old incinerator? Faster? Slower? Totally unique or mostly the same? (I just worry I might get bored if it feels too much like incin, but I can't deny the strength of build)

3) Any map mods you recommend avoiding? Trouble with any bosses?

4) What level did you swap to cybil's? Any swag uniques out there to level with until then?

Hell of a job putting the guide together, it's great!
"
lardox2 wrote:
Well if this is your first guide then blimey you've done your homework. Just two things that I would like to know. First is do you have a suggested leveling guide for this passive point wise, also is it suitable for leveling? The second is the gems, what gems do you need to buy and what ones do you get quest wise.

Hey, added a few tips on leveling on the skill tree part. On the gems you go to http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Skills click the skill gem you need and see if you can get it as a quest reward or do you have to buy it from other player.
"
Vilpertti wrote:
"
yotmato wrote:

Yeah ToH & Atziri flask both give around 10k ~ Tooltip each so 20k combined. I'm going to buy that flask and see how it is in a bit.

On uber the conc effect gem makes it really awkward/impossible to kill the healing adds spawning from North-east corner. Increased AOE gem fixes that problem tho. Also still not that used to using this skill so dodging on the uber fight was kinda bad but overall really liking bladefall.

It was a nice run, you whirled into some storm calls, it was a mistake but spell block could have saved you :(. Are you sure enfeeble is not hurting you more than helping though?
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
asdasd duplicate
(✿◠‿◠)
Last edited by yotmato on Jan 9, 2016, 1:53:46 PM
"
magnus962 wrote:
I was a huge fan of Yotmato's incinerate build last league, got me a long way. I'm really glad you were able to replicate the success so strongly. I have just a couple questions for you.

1) What is your order of importance for bladefall support?

2) How does this feel compared to old incinerator? Faster? Slower? Totally unique or mostly the same? (I just worry I might get bored if it feels too much like incin, but I can't deny the strength of build)

3) Any map mods you recommend avoiding? Trouble with any bosses?

4) What level did you swap to cybil's? Any swag uniques out there to level with until then?

Hell of a job putting the guide together, it's great!

1) Bladefall > Life Leech > Spell Echo > Concentrated Effect/Increased AOE > Added Fire Damage/Controlled Destruction. They both give same amount of tooltip dps so I guess it's your personal preference. You can also try Poison support gem instead of controlled destruction/Added Fire Damage and see how you like it. I feel that CD & Added fire both were better tho.

2) I feel like the clearspeed is faster compared to incinerate. I remember clearing uber trash with incinerate begin such a pain in the ass because it was somewhat slow but with bladefall it seems to be faster. The build can also use Taste of Hate now and benefit 100% from it unlike with incinerate where we just benefited from the mitigation which made using the flask kinda waste.

3) I'd say the build can do some retarded rippy shit even on HC just like the incinerate could. Physical reflect isin't nearly as bad as elemental reflect was with incinerate. That is because we have fire damage on our bladefall damage and some chaos damage. You could also swap controlled destruction for added chaos damage during that map. Haven't really tested phys reflect enough to say how safe it is but seems doable. Other mods would be 60%/no regen or no leech just like with incinerate.

4) I would probably run two lifesprigs for fast leveling and swap out to cybil's you meet the level requirement and can use bladefall

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info