[2.4 Assassin] Viper Strike Build Fast, Fun and Cheap to Start [Video Guide]

Hi the character in the video has 136% increased max life and total the build has 148% with the option of getting 7% from the two jewels making the max total possible 162% which is considered the minimum that a character should have. The reason the character can work with such low life is the life leech, high dmg, and high mitigation. The character does struggle in the map modes that you mentioned and I have to run enfeeble instead of vulnerability. But you are right random one shots can happen some times especially on higher tier maps but for me that makes the build more fun to play because if i don't play well i will die.
did an update to the skill tree and what jewels to use :)
Does vaal pact work with the regeneration from Bino's kitchen knife at all?

edit: on page 4, i found my answer. ty.

have to leave that here... i am currently unable to level up at 69 because i die nonstop doing t3 maps. are you sure this works?

my current build:

skilltree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAAGAF4DhwW1CC4Mcw2NDdEOSBHVFfYWvxmOG60byCFgIuoj9iaVKaUqCyyFLOE2PTqzPs9DMUcGSn1Mjkz_TZJOKlFHVP5VS1eXWhpbr13yYeJieWKsY0NjcGqMbIxtbHBSdPF1_XsUfXV944RvhKKHdowLjX2Nv5S4lWadqqLZo4qsZrDYsbO1SLk-uXy95sMzyBTN6tN-1ELYduOE45_ndOjW7LDtg-4O8uH1b_lj_MX-ug==?accountName=GodMidas&characterName=Kartoffelsnack
Last edited by GodMidas on Apr 14, 2016, 2:12:16 PM
hi the problem you are having is you need a lot more life on all your gear the +60 to maximum life or more on everything you can get it on. Also at lvl 69 you might want to stick to t1 maps and maby some easy t2 maps until you lvl up and gear up some more. Hope that helps you out.

PS vaal pact will help a lot when you get it
Last edited by Rumdum on Apr 15, 2016, 1:03:33 PM
Hi Rumdum,

first of all i really like your skill build. I'm playing him as my first character ever in PoE and brought me into the game, so thanks for that :D
But i got a question: Currently i spoiled myself with a 6L Lightning coil, which skyrocketed my DPS but als the mana cost of viper strike (15 to 33). With a max mana pool of 83 this is becoming a problem in maps. Would you recommend to improve the "Mana leech from ph. attacks" (curr. 0.3%) or raise the overall mana pool?

Help would be much appreciated =)
hi glad you are liking he the build! Leech cap is 2% of your max mana per second per attack so depending on your attack speed you would need more then 1.1k mana (1.1k is for 6 attacks a second) to sustain on a single target on no mana regen maps. Better option is to get a ring or neck with Reduced mana cost on them -8 would be the best making it so you only need 830 mana. Mana regen helps alot though reducing the max mana you need by a lot like with my 14 mana regenerated a second i would only need 600 with the ring.

Sorry for all the math stuff. Basically get max mana and maby one item with % increased mana regeneration rate :)
Hello, Rumdum! First of all: thanks for the build, seriously. I love it!

I have a question but first, let me show my equips and skilltree first!
Equips:
Spoiler

Passive Skilltree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAAGAF4DhwUtBX0FtQguDHMNjQ3RDkgQkhHVFfYWqha_GY4brRvIIuoj0yP2JP0mlSoLLOEtVTIyNj031D3RPs9DMUcGSn1Mjkz_TZJOKlFHVUtVhVeXWhpbr13yYeJieWKsY0NjcGegaoxsjG1sbydwUnTtdf1673sUfXWEb4Sih3aMC419jb-PYJS4lWaVzJpqnaqi2aOKpcusZrDYsbO1SLk-uXy95sMzwzrIFM_d037UI9RC2HbaweOE45_nVOd06NbrFOyw7T_tg-4O8Yry4fVv-WP8xf66_94=

So, as you can see the gems on Starkonja's Head, I'm getting most of my Power Charges with Blade Vortex (I use Blade Vortex + Whirling Blades to keep up my Charges). Should I swich my Death's Hand to another Bino's then? While I handle t7~t9 maps really well, I feel that my damage still low (43k buffed up).

Thanks in advance and take care!
Hi glad you like the build!

Some people have been using a setup of a good rare weapon + bino's off hand that is probly the best set up for you with the power charges from blade vortex.

ps like your gear could get a few more jewel sockets to put some cool gems in like
This build works great in 2.3. The assassin got a buff to poison dmg making it the clear choice over raider.
Hi Rumdum, thanks for your guide. I'm having fun Viper-Striking though the Prophecy league.
Since I'm playing self-found only, I'd like to know if it's worth farming the Northern Forest (on Cruel) for The Demoness, regarding its drop rate especially. Can you say anything about it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info