[2.4 Assassin] Viper Strike Build Fast, Fun and Cheap to Start [Video Guide]

Hi yea i been looking forward to the 2.2 patch so many new builds and variations that can be made. Yea the jewels stack found that out when i did the edit for it because the second socket is so easy to get. Glad you still like the build :)
Hello there! I'v been looking for a rather nice Viper Strike build ever since I saw the Growing Agony, Viridian Jewel come out. Yours looks to be rather nice, although I have to ask a few questions.

What's the reasonings behind you current build? Have you changed it since editing your OP last?

Why didn't you take Fatal Toxins (125% increased Damage with Poison, 10% chance to Poison on Hit (not much use with the Poison on Hit, seeing as Viper Strike always Poisons))?

Have you thought of using the Poison or Faster Attacks Support Gems?

From personal experience, I know that Evasion is a little risky late game; have you ever considered Iron Reflexes?

What's your Accuracy and Chance to Hit %? (Curious, as I know Melee without Resolute Technique can be a a little risky. I don't have much experience with Claw/Dagger builds.)

Have you tested with 1-handed & Shield late game? (I saw this and thought it may make an interesting choice: It has really low block, but as you're in the fray and (if you take Iron Reflexes) you're always being hit pretty often, maybe it's worth a shot?)

(There were more questions, however seem to have vanished from my head. If I remember them, I'll make a fresh post.)
The Fey will never lose, as one of their members, Chap, has taken it upon himself to right their wrongs and see to it that Liesel and Magiere are safe.
hi the build is still the same as my last edit but will change soon with patch 2.2. I don't take fatal toxins because i am mostly focused on the upfront dmg of the skill not the poison dot but for longer boss fights it might be worth it. Faster attack and poison gems are not worth using because they are increased and not more multipliers. The reason i go evasion is because it works well with the large amount of dex as well as the nodes that scale it also combined with lighting coil, fortify and endurance charges i find evasion to give enough mitigation. My accuracy is 2134 with 88% chance to hit and because i attack so fast I never notice an attack missing. I have tested with 1-hand and shield late game and the tankyness is about the same but the dmg is lower and the attack speed is noticeably lower.
Hope i got all your questions :)
Hello,

my tree ~85lev
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYBAAYBCQOHBS0FtQxzDY0OSBGWFfYWvxutIuoj0yP2JP0mlSoLKjgwcTY9N9Q6Qj7PQzFJE0p9S3hM_02STipRR1VLVYVaGluvXfJh4mJ5aoxqlWyMbWxvJ3BSdO11_XaCeu97FH11hG-HdonTieCMC4w2jX2Nv49gkoCTH5OQlLiVZpXMmheaap2qotmjiqXLsNixs7TRtUi42bl8vea_AMMzwzrIDMgU037UI9ZY2sHdSN2o4tXjn-ZY51TndOjW7LDtP-1B7g71b_lj_MX-uv_e

Gears:

Rat's Nest
Maligaro's Virtuosity
The Blood Dance
Death's Hand

what do you think about eog tree and unique gear... i'm just start make it and don't have yet weapon and jawels.
Last edited by tosiek on Feb 29, 2016, 8:26:08 AM
Hi was looking over the skill tree you have posted and comparing with the one i have posted and the main differences is your skill tree has 415 total crit and 106% increased max life the skill tree i have posted has 345 crit and 136% increased max life.
With your skill tree also make sure to spec out of vaal pact because you have enough leach bufs from the claw nodes. I find that the 136% increased max life i have gives me barley enough hp as is so going down too 106% would be very risky also it is only about a 5% critical strike chance difference.
Also with the uniques you have posted non of them have life so you might have to drop one or two of the first 3 just to get more life.
Hi put up the builds i have planed for ascendancy not tested yet but hope they work out!
returning to poe after a while so i have a few questions:

how does this build fare defensively? the video said average tankyness but others are saying glass cannon.

also, how much does a BoR and death's hand cost?

how did you level/map prior to getting BoR?

lastly, what about a witch start for necromancer ascendancy? that way you can take spirit eater (flesh offering 30% as buff), spirit eater (40% dmg) and beacon of corruption (20% chaos dmg).

the assassin ascendancy seems sort of redundant because it doesnt look like maintaining unholy might is an issue so the power charge and crit stuff doesnt seem that useful.
Last edited by alkoxide on Mar 4, 2016, 12:28:08 AM
Tankyness is about a 5 out of 10. idk how much items will cost in the new league and necromancer could be a good choice for sure. The hope behind assassin is to get A LOT of crit little boring but might be effective. Raider might be a bit more interesting because the attack speed and move speed would be so might that it might be setting some land speed records with whirling blades :)
^
Last edited by _MAL_ on Mar 31, 2016, 4:45:24 PM
the skill trees are fixed now for the new patch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info