Summoners, get in here

"
unsane wrote:
0.9.5g added a new keystone for the summoners: Necromantic Aegis. All bonuses from your Shield apply to your Minions instead of to you. It's only an additional 3 point investment from the central minion cluster. Sweet!

Edit: also, Hex Master now increases the maximum to 2 curses per target! Think i might go back to my HC Legacy summoner for a while. :)

I won't be getting Necromantic Aegis until I find a shield I want for my minions.

I know the type I want, just need to find one with the right mods.
IRON MAN
Last edited by sesamce on Jan 21, 2012, 4:59:17 PM
After finally making it to Maelstrom and doing some runs there its time for a final conclusion (up to 9.5f))

Pure Summoner is a easy and save way to play, espacially in hardcore. Best style was using the Zombies as a meatshield and ranged Spectres for damage. Things change a lot in Maelstrom, i really had some very close moments there. The main problem is still the extremely egoistic AI of the minions, as well as to less minion damage. Reasons are missing minion attributes for magical pre- or suffixes on gear and the ***** chance to get more than 4 linked sockets. Two-thirds of my gear are still sub Level 40 (mainhand is level 19) - so there is no real reason to play Maelstrom as a summoner.

Assuming a minion AI patch i think its worth to give it another slightly different try. I would change to less minion nodes (maybe 4 to 5) and more offensive spellpower nodes. This should speed up things - and give some motivation to look for better gear.
I am going for every +1 summon , got the minion kamikazi , and the Necro skill with the shield :)

Lv 36 so far , and im having a blast. The shield skill gave my minions some res , that really helped me out atleast when facing allot of casters :)

And im hoping to get to chaos under the coming week to do some recordings of that place also :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/swedishtavern

Around 90h of PoE Content made and spread across Scandinavia. Now invading Europe & US
Enjoy
Awesome, there's a unique summoner amulet! This is very promising, in that more summoner itemization = good. Although, if it only comes on uniques i'm not a fan... Never did like the D2 system of ppl running around in all uniques.

City breath (Sidhebreath) Almost sounds like shitty breath hehe.

There's also a potentially useful unique ring for summoners, Doedres Damning, which allows 1 additional curse on enemies. You could have 3 [edit: 4 if you wear 2 of the rings] in all with the Hex Master keystone.
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Jan 23, 2012, 5:05:12 PM
"
unsane wrote:
City breath (Sidhebreath) Almost sounds like shitty breath hehe.
For the record, "Sidhe" is a reference to a Gaelic word for a kind of faerie, and is pronounced like "shee".

It's also the name of another game development company here in NZ.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 23, 2012, 7:05:57 PM
Damn, time to start a new summoner build, this looks GREAT!
"
Damn, time to start a new summoner build, this looks GREAT!

What specifically looks great?

The amulet is acceptably decent, but it's not something you need. A summoner does not care how much damage or life their minions have once you reach a certain threshold - one zombie is more than enough to take out ~2 Chaos monsters, and even more when it explodes.

The main gear focus for summoners are quantity drops, rarity drops and raw stats (strength/dexterity/intelligence) to equip all pieces of gear and force more items to drop. The only thing that currently kills me is lag, both when I zone in (takes about 20 seconds so I die if there's anything near the entrance since I can't fight back) and when there's too much crap on-screen (occurs more frequently in Chaos).
IRON MAN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info