[2.1] Trap Poisonstorm - (Insane damage,Budget Atziri,all mapmods,100% Chaos Firestorm)[Uber Down]

"
Yeah on second thought Profane Boom can really free AC for fire trap which can increase the single target dmg by a lot...crit build i don't think will work very well because the way firestorm works(i might be wrong but i think its all crits or no crits at all in one cast like cyclone)and dual curse too, idk...since you are going to try it please let me know the results, specially the crit, i have ~25%crit chance right now its good, when hear the crit sound delete anything, but not going for more because im trying to get some more defensive to avoid getting 1shot uber.

The way I did Uber on standard was try to not get hit at all and have +/- 5.5k hp for that one hit that always got through. The issue w Uber is the Vaals, if you don't get them down ASAP you are going to burn through all your portals.

I don't expect to have any defences with this build at all, I didn't take acro and I was using a mantle so evasion was useless when I played on standard. In my view spending effort on defence is wasted points, you are not going to have enough- just stack life and damage, this build is meant to overwhelm w dmg and dodge manually. And for me EB is a must, going to run Anger w dual Consuming Dark and Blasphemy Temp Chains.

I will indeed go for the Occultist/crit and see how it'll do.
"
RunPuppet wrote:
"
Yeah on second thought Profane Boom can really free AC for fire trap which can increase the single target dmg by a lot...crit build i don't think will work very well because the way firestorm works(i might be wrong but i think its all crits or no crits at all in one cast like cyclone)and dual curse too, idk...since you are going to try it please let me know the results, specially the crit, i have ~25%crit chance right now its good, when hear the crit sound delete anything, but not going for more because im trying to get some more defensive to avoid getting 1shot uber.

The way I did Uber on standard was try to not get hit at all and have +/- 5.5k hp for that one hit that always got through. The issue w Uber is the Vaals, if you don't get them down ASAP you are going to burn through all your portals.

I don't expect to have any defences with this build at all, I didn't take acro and I was using a mantle so evasion was useless when I played on standard. In my view spending effort on defence is wasted points, you are not going to have enough- just stack life and damage, this build is meant to overwhelm w dmg and dodge manually. And for me EB is a must, going to run Anger w dual Consuming Dark and Blasphemy Temp Chains.

I will indeed go for the Occultist/crit and see how it'll do.

The problem is not having mantle anymore means lower crit and firestorm flat dmg lower, dont have problem dodging atziri skills but the spear which can easily 1-2shot. Defensive i mean HP, have 1 more node to go.

Tried cluster trap now on normal atziri, the single target damage is way too random, if traps get a little away from each other and hits only 2 the damage is lower, maybe its better with 6L tho...
"
Krillia wrote:
Welp if anyone really got uber down easy on perandus or on something that can be replicate on perandus league atm , i would really like to see his tree/item really want to start this build out and any leveling tips would be appreciated aswell thanks

Since this build in this thread is the best build ever created in PoE (In my opinion). I'll point out that uber is currently farmable for me in SC Perandus, I do it deathless without issues and without lv20 gems.

Requirements:
CI
Double Consuming Dark
Skyforth
Vaal Discipline
Discipline
Wither Totem
Fortify Whirling Blades
Abyssal Cry
Temporal Chains Blasphemy
Diamond Flask
5-link
Witch Occultist
Anti-bleed flask
Mana flask

Unfortunely it is not budget to kill uber atziri, since skyforth costs 15 ex or so. (Skyforth needed to deal with stun)

I recommend having at least 6k es to not get 1 shot by the spear. Spear does 5kish dmg and you need to be quick to use the anti-bleed against it.

Edit: Since people asked through pm about skilltree:

This is the lv88 skilltree I used: https://goo.gl/OC9xIw
For Occultist ascendency I took Wicked Ward (mandatory), Void Beacon and Profane Bloom.

From lv86 to lv88 I started walking towards the "Method to the Madness" keynode. I took all passives from bandits.

In each of the 4 jewel sockets, I used perfect "Hair Trigger" jewels. Which give me 25% inc trap dmg
and 30% inc trap trigger radius. I don't know if it is the best jewel for uber, but I enjoyed it for regular mapping since the dmg is good and the trap trigger radius bonus is nice.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Mar 11, 2016, 2:40:26 PM
"
"

Why does Witch Occultist has an edge over Saboteur on DPS output?

Can anyone elaborate?

umm.. it doesn't unless you use your abysal cry you arnt benefiting from occultists on kill nodes. So it's totally useless for bosses and your really only using abysal cry every other pack usually.

Unless it doesn't work with blasphemy, it is 10% more dmg boost which doubledips => 21% more dps.
Some of you need to realize profane-bloom doesnt work with traps. It's when you kill not when your traps kill. It's the same reason you cant run life leech or life on kill ect...
"
Some of you need to realize profane-bloom doesnt work with traps. It's when you kill not when your traps kill. It's the same reason you cant run life leech or life on kill ect...

Profane Bloom has two effects as I understand it:

1. Cursed Enemies you Kill have a 20% chance to Explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum Life as Chaos Damage

2. Enemies you Curse take 10% increased Damage

The 2nd effect should work with traps though? The 2nd effect alone is superstrong.
"

Lol, duh. I take my statement back then about it replacing AC. :)
"
RunPuppet wrote:
"

Was too good to be true :(
"
sirs wrote:
"
RunPuppet wrote:
"

Was too good to be true :(

After some testing it's a little weirder than i thought. If your firestorm doesnt finish off an enemy and the poison dot kills it. profane-bloom and other on kill effects can proc. Not very useful but it's something

Hah, it's now too late for me... I'm going to make this Witch/Occultist/crit thing work come hell or high water. :) I can always respec to Elementalist though that's more a mapping build I think. I'm just too lazy to reroll as anything else, I'm old.
Last edited by RunPuppet on Mar 11, 2016, 10:22:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info