[2.2] RichJMoney's Chaos Bladefall Budget Build. "MingPep's Heart Rage of Defiance"

"
jjwa wrote:
I did not go to the Harrier area yet (level 52), which have me dex-trouble levelling my Bladefall. A +30 dex node was not enough to fix that. The points past Hired Killed don't seem too effective to me if you ignore the dex. What do others think? Did you go there first? Is the path to Fangs of the Viper and Blooddrinker worth it?

"
RichMoney wrote:
"
Kendo_PoE wrote:
I'm doing something similar with totems. I've only just discovered this build guide, thought I was being pretty original and smart coming up with it all by myself :)

Anyway, so far it's my favorite char, even tho the clearspeed is slower than some of my other chars (like voltaxic LA). I've done Atziri without dying and T10-11 is easy and smooth with certain bosses being much less of a problem because I can kite and do dmg at the same time.

Tooltip dps is 20k per totem, hp is 4550 life + 1500 ES and I'm sure it needs some optimising.

Spoiler

Different people can concurrently come up with similar ideas, especially in a complex game like POE with a dedicated userbase. I've seen a few general Bladefall + Poison builds around, but nothing went quite as ham on the Chaos damage upfront. I also really enjoyed the defensive setup that I came up with. I don't often post guides, but I felt that I had enough small things different than the norm that people would be interested (and it seems so!)

I am glad you posted it. The reason I chose to play it is not the fact that it's Bladefall or Bladefall + poison, but the interesting combinations. CWDT + Ball Lightning + CoH, wtf? 3x CwdT? Ming's + Apep's? I'm only level 52 now, but looking forward to see how it will develop between 60 and 70 with Daresso's + Apep's + Ming's. I hope it will be defensive enough to tolerate my mistakes...

Once you hit 70 the game is a complete faceroll. This is by far the strongest I have felt at 70- I am now 78 and the game is very much still on cruise control for the most part.
Loving the build so far :)

9/10 for it

I have a few sugestions for pushing the build and wondered what you think (these are not in the buget range)

I have replaced the granite flask with Taste of Hate just cus i have one and thats a big dps push with Promise

I also have a Wither totem setup (wither/faster Casting/Spell Totem) - repalcing he CWDT/Blood Rage/Golem setup i still manually cast Blood rage :) i find this is more defensive with the slow down effect :)

Also i have a level 4 empower and when i 6l the Daresso's Defance i think that should be the best dps increase going either that or Void Manipulation would be my choice on the old 6l

Edit: hit level 90 added the Empower to the setup now issues sustianing on blood magic still only have 1 ming heart lol due to int issues once i sort that this build should be very solid with about 5500hp and when i pop every thing 60kish dps and thats with a lvl 19 blade fall 21 should be insane at level 90 i can comforatably clear tier 12/13 maps - could not ask much more from a build that has cost me 1.5 ex to buy in the items needed. Even using Taste and empower which are not needed to make this work its awesome
"
Sammilkka wrote:
Loving the build so far :)

9/10 for it

I have a few sugestions for pushing the build and wondered what you think (these are not in the buget range)

I have replaced the granite flask with Taste of Hate just cus i have one and thats a big dps push with Promise

I also have a Wither totem setup (wither/faster Casting/Spell Totem) - repalcing he CWDT/Blood Rage/Golem setup i still manually cast Blood rage :) i find this is more defensive with the slow down effect :)

Also i have a level 4 empower and when i 6l the Daresso's Defance i think that should be the best dps increase going either that or Void Manipulation would be my choice on the old 6l

Edit: hit level 90 added the Empower to the setup now issues sustianing on blood magic still only have 1 ming heart lol due to int issues once i sort that this build should be very solid with about 5500hp and when i pop every thing 60kish dps and thats with a lvl 19 blade fall 21 should be insane at level 90 i can comforatably clear tier 12/13 maps - could not ask much more from a build that has cost me 1.5 ex to buy in the items needed. Even using Taste and empower which are not needed to make this work its awesome

I think these all fall to preference, but I dont see a problem with any of these choices at face value.
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
Level 64 atm and loving this build. I went with the Shadow tree you posted for TSC with a few very minor tweaks. I only had a couple of minor issues, which could have been avoided if I had put a bit more thought into it. I went blood magic at level 50 which was a tad early imo and it took a bit of finagling to get to 212 intelligence. I ended up using Brute Force jewel, a high int amulet and a 30 int node on the tree for now.

I concur with another poster before me, that this is one of the strongest builds ive ever used at this point in the game. I havent even gotten to equip my Mings yet. Im thinking of eventually going dual curse with a doedre ring or windscream and using both Warlords mark and Vulnerability. That is if I can get a high enough HP pool to make it work.
Hi! I am too going for shadow in SC, hit level 49 and its a breeze right now!

Some skills i would consider taking (doesnt know what to miss for these). I would be interested in your thoughts about them:

Exceptional Performance -> Skill effect duration -> 2 nodes
Entropy -> Skill effect duration + dot -> 2 nodes
Light of Divinity -> spell damage + cast speed -> 3 nodes
right hand of Retribution -> 3x 10% spell damage nodes

In exchange for 3x 5% increased max life i would go with Hired killer -> 14% increased max life as well AND 20 life per kill.
Last edited by BigSmurf666 on Feb 1, 2016, 6:16:25 AM
is self found viable?
"
catizane95 wrote:
is self found viable?

I'm playing it and my only other character is a lvl 39 templar with about 2-3 chaos on it and i have been able to buy most of the itens for the build with money made by this character, only the defiance is missing.
Hey Rich, nice build!

What about Iron Reflexes?

More armor with 7 end charges better then 2500 evasion rating?
Whats best? the scion start or the shadow, pls answer
Nvm.
Last edited by paraply on Feb 10, 2016, 1:25:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info