[2.4 Video Guide] Beginners Tanky Infernal Blow Marauder Build [HC/SC]

Thanks i also have this i am using for my chest
and yeah i would love to get a nice 5 link rare weapon but i only have around like 30c and other currency dotn think i will get anything good and i dont really know what is good on mods for rare i feel like i would jus get ripped off some how
I still wonder about Belly of the beast. Is the decrease in armor worth it for the amount of HP you get back? Never done a full testing of it yet, just wondering if someone else have, and what their thoughts are. Ie going from 11k armor with rare to 6k with belly, and from 5.2k hp to 5.8k instead.
"
n86eal wrote:
I still wonder about Belly of the beast. Is the decrease in armor worth it for the amount of HP you get back? Never done a full testing of it yet, just wondering if someone else have, and what their thoughts are. Ie going from 11k armor with rare to 6k with belly, and from 5.2k hp to 5.8k instead.

In my opinion it is. You should be able to reach much higher armour values with the ironskin granite. When that happens mitigation is simply trumped by health.

That said a top-rolled armor + life and resists chest plate will be better. Those are expensive though! ;D
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Jan 24, 2016, 6:59:46 PM
I've been running this build for a while now. I'm up to lvl 80. I recently got Marohi, I used about 7 jewls on it to get 6 sockets then decided to use some fusing to try for a 5L. I used 47 and it 6L. I was so ecstatic. I've also recently got Belly of The Beast. But personally I didn't like it. I was at 4300hp and it only brought me to 4900. I found a nice chest with 2300 armor and decent rolls. To me this is much better.
"
raggapaul wrote:
I dont think you really need a single target option, since IB already gives very nice damage and Melee Splash had its single target damage reduction removed. I play this build and use almost the same skilltree, but I use the following gem combination:

Chest: IB - Melee Splash - Melee Phys - WED - Multistrike (- Added Fire damage or increased AoE as 6L)
Weapon 4L: Leap Slam - Fortify - Endu Charge on Stun - Faster Attacks
2 remaining slots: Hatred & Fire Golem
4L: CwDT - Immortal Call - Molten Shell - Increased Duration
3L: Vengeance - Added Fire Damage - Melee Phys
1 remaining slot: Portal (ofc can be switchted to another dmg gem or even LGoH / Mana or Life Leech)
2L: Blasphemy - Warlords Mark
2L: Blood Rage - Increased Duration

Leap Slam with Fortify and Endu Charge on Stun is a very nice combo. I leap into a mob group and get my 6 Endu Charges instantly as well as fortify. The first harder hit gives me more than 3 seconds of immunity due to immortal call.

I really dont think you need blood magic anyway, even with 85% mana reserved and not a single mana, mana regeneration or reduced skill mana cost node I can leap at least 4 times before I run out of mana. Both, fortify and ECoS only have a 110% multiplier. Leap Slam mana cost doesnt increase when leveling.

When you use this gem combination this build gets even cheaper. You can buy a nice weapon and nice armor for less than 10c.

I just switched to this set up and I am loving it.
Going Full IB for boss I'm not too sure, heavy strike has much better damage.

My setup:

Marohi 5L: IB-Splash-MPD-Multi-WED. Will add Added Fire if/when 6L
Chest 5L: Heavy Strike-MPD-FA-AFD-WED
4L 1: Leap Slam-Fortify-MPD-Endurance Charge on stun (very good indeed)
4L 2: Blasphemy-Warlord-Hatred-Fire Golem (no interactions between HA/FG and the curse setup, even when 4L)
4L 3: CWDT (level all the way) - Immortal Call-Molten Shell-Increased Duration.

Currently wondering if replacing Molten Shell with Phase run could work.
hello people, i try to make this build and by levening i thought of some changes.. well first of all i realized i didn't need warlord's mark for endurance charges since i can easily get from enduring cry, secondly about the mana leech i used blood magic skillgem on infernal blow and leap slam, then changing the warlord's mark for temporal chains and its really fun to watch mobs go very slow :DD , thought i lost 1 slot with blood magic i searched for a more suited weapon than marohi and i ended up with Hezmana's Bloodlust i got 1% life leech and blood magic so problem resolved :D i also wanted to use immortal call when i wanted so i removed CWDT with just immortal call - blood rage- vaal haste- increased duraction, then as i was leveling at low tier maps ( 1-5 ) multistrike started to worry me and as a fellow said 3 attacks was a bit dangerous and i changed it with faster attack long story short i now use at 6L belly IB-Melee Splash-Melee phys dmg - added fire dmg - faster attacks- WED
for flasks i use normal with remove bleed
istant recovery
granite
atziri's promise
taste of hate
i dont know if done anything good but until now nothing stands in my way ... mouha-ha-ha-ha
Maybe I overlooked something, but how does this build generate frenzy charges? If it's something fairly obvious I apologize, I'm pretty new to the game.

I feel like using the next full respec I get on turning my level 69 marauder into this, but I am full on endurance charges, including helping Oak on merc plus a Koam's Sign I just got and that I want to utilize. (So 8 end charges in total.) I suppose this build won't turn completely unviable by focussing on endurance, eh?
"
Jooost wrote:
Maybe I overlooked something, but how does this build generate frenzy charges? If it's something fairly obvious I apologize, I'm pretty new to the game.

I feel like using the next full respec I get on turning my level 69 marauder into this, but I am full on endurance charges, including helping Oak on merc plus a Koam's Sign I just got and that I want to utilize. (So 8 end charges in total.) I suppose this build won't turn completely unviable by focussing on endurance, eh?

Blood Rage gives you a chance to gain frenzy charges on kill
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
Blood Rage gives you a chance to gain frenzy charges on kill

Oh, right. I keep forgetting that does that.

Anyway, I guess I'll keep the end charge heaviness of my marauder over the additional frenzy from the bandits in merc. Juggernaut seems like the way to go for me, and with 9 end charges (via Unflinching) the damage increase though Unrelenting will be decent enough. I mean, I know frenzy charges also grant increased attack speed, but I prefer the tankiness of end charges over that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info