[2.5] Death's Kiss, a Trickster Essence Drain/Contagion full build and leveling guide

"
Julchiar wrote:
I've been playing Essence Drain in Perandus League and am wondering if I'm missing something obvious.

When Essence Drain one-shots a monster no degen occurs, therefor no spreading through Contagion happens and nothing dies (but that one initial monster). I'm currently using Southbound gloves to prevent that from happening but I feel like I'm missing something since I never saw anyone use Southbound on Essence Drain.

How can you clear dried lake for example (or any other low lvl zone) without southbound?

There was a bug with ED and it's fixed in 2.2d.
Bug Confirmed
Update coming soon?

Would like to know your setup as a Witch as I'm playing this kind of character as a Witch also. :)
"
AbyssGFX wrote:
Update coming soon?

Would like to know your setup as a Witch as I'm playing this kind of character as a Witch also. :)

I'm leveling my witch as we speak. The setup for gems should not have any significant changes.
can link the build in the new skill tree?
thanks!
"
Hyaxia wrote:
can link the build in the new skill tree?
thanks!

Here's my current tree planned. It's considered done at level 84, since you are freed from taking Whispers of Doom, feel free to take the chaos damage nodes at the shadow, get more jewel sockets, etc.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
since you are freed from taking Whispers of Doom

What do you think about tri-curse enfeeble?
"
HonkyTonk wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:
since you are freed from taking Whispers of Doom

What do you think about tri-curse enfeeble?

I have thought about it, but I think it's too much effort to do that. If you really need Enfeeble, replacing Vulnerability is a better idea. Running all 3 is not really worth the effort IMO.
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

I have thought about it, but I think it's too much effort to do that. If you really need Enfeeble, replacing Vulnerability is a better idea. Running all 3 is not really worth the effort IMO.

Cheers. I'm thinking about it because I've already specced into Whispers of Doom and wouldn't want the +1 curse from Occultist to go to waste. I might try self-casting enfeeble against bosses or scary rares.

Running your build on PHC, so far its really solid. I'm torn when it comes to the Melding cluster though, wasn't aware that you only get 3% life from the small nodes. Maybe some decent hybrid gear will make it valuable.
"
HonkyTonk wrote:
"
Vulpix0r wrote:

Cheers. I'm thinking about it because I've already specced into Whispers of Doom and wouldn't want the +1 curse from Occultist to go to waste. I might try self-casting enfeeble against bosses or scary rares.

Running your build on PHC, so far its really solid. I'm torn when it comes to the Melding cluster though, wasn't aware that you only get 3% life from the small nodes. Maybe some decent hybrid gear will make it valuable.

Why not free those 5 points and grab more spell damage for those curse immune map? I don't like Melding that much, but it's your choice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info