Building a Map Pool

My advice is: buy a T8 or T9 map, 20q it with chisels then alch it to 90+ quantity, that's how I built my T8-9 map pool, got lucky from my first map and dropped a couple more of the same tier then it bloomed :)
Second-class poe gamer
Last edited by pr13st on Dec 30, 2015, 4:13:40 AM
"
pr13st wrote:
My advice is: buy a T8 or T9 map, 20q it with chisels then alch it to 90+ quantity, that's how I built my T8-9 map pool, got lucky from my first map and dropped a couple more of the same tier then it bloomed :)
this is definitely the more an efficient way of doing things, but it feels extremely satisfying going up the tiers on your own. It's like a journey.
Don't the Zana dailies help?
"
Kayarath wrote:
up to some point they do. Zana has a cutoff of highest level map daily she can offer you.

Id say Zana inside maps helps a whole lot more.

Zana dailies can help immensely at start of mapping and through about tier 7/8 and even maybe 9
Thats funny, I've never bought maps or chisels or anything to boost my mapping yet I've always had tier 9-11 maps to do.

I never understood the need to get to level 100 either. 5 points difference from 95? Hah!
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Dec 30, 2015, 5:49:58 AM
"
grepman wrote:
"
Kayarath wrote:
up to some point they do. Zana has a cutoff of highest level map daily she can offer you.

Id say Zana inside maps helps a whole lot more.

Zana dailies can help immensely at start of mapping and through about tier 7/8 and even maybe 9

The best outcome for zana is ulmec's sanctum. I just had it for the second time ever today. Final boss blessed me with a tier 11 and a tier 9.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Dec 30, 2015, 7:10:08 AM
You are supposed to give up aiming for maps of tier too high. Most players can only play within your stated tier range.
It's like poker, You need To play Long enough To win against variance
Last edited by mad4thrash on Dec 30, 2015, 9:29:08 AM
"
Sometimes I forget how little resources temp league players have. For everyone having trouble sustaining maps in this thread, that is your real problems. You choose to play in leagues that reset your progress and you have to repeat the grind and struggle to get to a good place map wise.

The map grind has never been fun. You are making yourselves not have fun.

Didn't realize drop rates for t10 maps were higher in standard?
generally it is useful to crush tons of one tier of map before moving up melting down the previous ones up to the current to help sustain.

so 68s till you have a ton of 69s , melt remaining 68s into 69s run 69s till ton of 70s melt 69s into 70s etc.

also helps to be in a guild with those lucky bastards that can just shoot up the map pole and stay at the top. 2 or three lucky bastards can easily sustain 5 or 6 unlucky bastards just on throw away maps.

magic for 1 - 5 , rare 6 - 9, quality rare 9 - 12, quality rare vaal 13 - 14. pray to the dark gods for t15

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info