Building a Map Pool

"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
generally it is useful to crush tons of one tier of map before moving up melting down the previous ones up to the current to help sustain.

so 68s till you have a ton of 69s , melt remaining 68s into 69s run 69s till ton of 70s melt 69s into 70s etc.

This is the the stupidest advice I hear in these "how to run maps" threads.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Dec 30, 2015, 12:23:53 PM
"
foolishwtz wrote:
"
Sometimes I forget how little resources temp league players have. For everyone having trouble sustaining maps in this thread, that is your real problems. You choose to play in leagues that reset your progress and you have to repeat the grind and struggle to get to a good place map wise.

The map grind has never been fun. You are making yourselves not have fun.

Didn't realize drop rates for t10 maps were higher in standard?

We have preexisting giant map pools? I have over 400 maps over tier 9 right now...
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
kamil1210 wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
generally it is useful to crush tons of one tier of map before moving up melting down the previous ones up to the current to help sustain.

so 68s till you have a ton of 69s , melt remaining 68s into 69s run 69s till ton of 70s melt 69s into 70s etc.

His advice was spot on for sustaining maps long term. Have fun dropping down repeatedly.
"
"
kamil1210 wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

His advice was spot on for sustaining maps long term. Have fun dropping down repeatedly.

Aye i said that advice specifically because i didn’t follow it and did the whole shoot up the map pool super duper fast thing last league and i ended up swinging wildy up and down 6 -7 map tiers (levels) every other day because of it.

consistency is how mapping works. I wont be doing 13 14 or 15s any time soon, but i can atleast go to bed at night knowing ill start with teir X and end with atleast tier X because of a massive map back log of seed maps.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 30, 2015, 2:44:12 PM
"
"
foolishwtz wrote:
"
Sometimes I forget how little resources temp league players have. For everyone having trouble sustaining maps in this thread, that is your real problems. You choose to play in leagues that reset your progress and you have to repeat the grind and struggle to get to a good place map wise.

The map grind has never been fun. You are making yourselves not have fun.

Didn't realize drop rates for t10 maps were higher in standard?

We have preexisting giant map pools? I have over 400 maps over tier 9 right now...

400 maps and 93? yikes.

You can play your game, and OP and I can play our game. Suggesting that he should just play on standard doesn't help him at all. He'd have the exact same problem if he just started playing on standard.
"
foolishwtz wrote:

400 maps and 93? yikes.

You can play your game, and OP and I can play our game. Suggesting that he should just play on standard doesn't help him at all. He'd have the exact same problem if he just started playing on standard.

A 93, 2 91s, a 90, and an 88, what is your point again?

I didn't say he should or anyone should for that matter. I am only pointing out the fact that people are talking about 68-70 maps in this thread because they are on temp leagues.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Dec 30, 2015, 3:08:37 PM
The map has a constant format that can be reliably absolutely cleared with out a backtracking. B: The map has an open layout with few obstacles, or has best quick and well-connected side paths. C: The map has an open layout with many limitations, or has long aspect paths that require backtracking.
You can play your amusement, and OP and I can play our diversion. Proposing that he should simply play on standard doesn't help him by any means. He'd have precisely the same issue in the event that he just begun playing on standard.
Get new parts for your mid year escape pool channels siphons. At Polygroup store we offer high caliber certifiable Pool siphon parts which you have to keep your pool hardware running all season.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info