Building a Map Pool

T1-4 drop commonly enough that grinding them into the next tier up 3-at-a-time isn't problematic. Running them blue (and the occasional yellow from a vaal'd carto) was plenty enough to jump into the next logical tier.

T5-8 seems to be the start of the drought, and if I don't run them alched I can't keep them alive reliably. Grinding T4s into running T5s does an okay job, though ideally I'd prefer to sit at T6 just for regal recipe items out of bosses.

T9+ feels like pure luck. Only ever gotten 1 T10 and 1 T12 so far with wild oscillation. This matches GGG's stated intentions that the highest tier maps are not meant to be run reliably by any means. (And by that I mean you need to trade for them and/or map in parties 100% of the time.)
Of course I could vendor my T3's, but I prefer to run them, with some chance of getting loot, some change of getting a T4 (T5 in theory too, LOL), and for some entertainment value. The game's fun, right, that's why we do it?

Sometimes I forget how little resources temp league players have. For everyone having trouble sustaining maps in this thread, that is your real problems. You choose to play in leagues that reset your progress and you have to repeat the grind and struggle to get to a good place map wise.

The map grind has never been fun. You are making yourselves not have fun.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
I never had a problem sustaining Tier 5 maps. You're having a bad luck streak.
I am in Standard. It's not a short term issue here, it took me a long time to get a decent few T5 maps together, and once I used them, they didn't break even or generate significant higher level maps. I used most of those, and now there's not a lot left.

An unlucky streak it is, and that is kind of my point. It shouldn't be down to pure RNG all the time, it should be modified in some way. Significantly higher probability of maps and rares from bosses. If that is the case already, I struggle to see it.
Last edited by Mal_function on Dec 29, 2015, 3:53:18 AM
"
Mal_function wrote:
"
good build/player can clear maps faster -> faster getting to high maps.

My clear speed is fine thanks. The problem is getting the maps to clear. Clearing T1-T3 maps will not generate T5+ maps.

I dont say your build is bad. Better build run map faster. So he do, in the same time as worse character, more maps. So good player get more chances to get higher maps.
"
Mal_function wrote:
"
t1-5 do blue maps

Out of desperation, I am alching all T1-T4 maps. Actually, I have always done this, to give a bit of challenge and to generate more loot. No T5+ maps. Next step chiseling + alching, even though it is a waste of currency. I sort of break even on the alchs, no way I will do so on chisels.

run more maps, you might be just on bad luck streak.
"
Mal_function wrote:
"
play more

I play lots. No T5+ maps. There is a limit to how many hours one can play. Of course I could play 24/7, but naaaah.

you dont have to play 24/7 you can play 1 hour a day and still get to high maps. It will just take more days.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Dec 29, 2015, 9:29:38 AM
I did have problems with t4 maps, but at the momen I have enough t8-11 maps I can run.
Strange things.

And I noticed, you find more maps if you are not sharing the maps with others, no idea why, but this is what happens.
Last edited by krenderke on Dec 29, 2015, 11:03:02 AM
"
Sometimes I forget how little resources temp league players have. For everyone having trouble sustaining maps in this thread, that is your real problems. You choose to play in leagues that reset your progress and you have to repeat the grind and struggle to get to a good place map wise.

The map grind has never been fun. You are making yourselves not have fun.

:LOL

no map drops are just fucking terrible. I play perm am rich enough to buy and throw whatever needed at maps. Still can't maintain 10+ following all the rules laid out by ppl who claim to sustain. Bottom line is GGG thinks its cool for players to run content beneath them 90% of the time and have worst end game ever. Players are usually blowing through mid/low maps with eyes closed then get a shot at something decent once in awhile. Boring!!!

If I had magic wand I'd take D3's endless rifts and import them to this otherwise excellent game GGG has.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 29, 2015, 8:05:23 PM
I find it extremely hard to believe that you have trouble sustaining tier 10s. If you have half a stash tab or more of them. Just chisel, alch, chaos as needed, and sustain.

You need a base big enough to hold out against a bad RNG streak. That is all there is to it. Now if you are talking about red tier maps, yes I don't see how they are sustainable. Unless you are willing to zana mod them, and I refuse to waste my currency doing that.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Dec 30, 2015, 1:41:15 AM
my suggestion is to not be afraid to grind lower tier maps if you fall down a tier.

in same vein, if you play softcore, dont be afraid to push harder against crappy mods if you feel confident and comfortable with your character, you will get more drops, if not map drops, then surely better currency drops/uniques/rares (quantity/quality)

people tend to reflect knee-jerkedly on their bad streaks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info