[2.1] Space's 120k gmp dps Crit Chaos Freezing Pulse (BM/EB/MOM/VP/US)

This is a quick guide for my build ive had a lot of curiosity in game for it. I've been really enjoying it and would say its one of the stronger builds ive done.

GMP tooltip on a 5l

To get some stuff out of the way, here's the gear
Spoiler

Here's the tree

Here's some damage numbers

Spoiler
GMP tooltip no charges / no flask

GMP tooltip flask

GMP tooltip flask + 4 power charges

Added cold switched for GMP, flask + 4 power charges

OFFENSE
So heres the idea. Use Pyre ring to convert freezing pulse to fire damage. Then use Infernal Mantle and Consuming Dark to convert that into chaos damage.

Theres some really good reasons to do this. It allows you to use multiple sources of increased damage, such as the snowforged cluster on the tree which is 76% dmg and 30% crit in just 3 points! Also, the unique jewel Izarios Turmoil

gives a ton of damage with this setup. More importantly though, is the changes that allow poison to stack in 2.1. Freezing pulse hits fast, and hard, so the poison really stacks up. I've also got a number of points in chaos damage which double dip on the initial hit and the subsequent poison damage.

Other benefits to chaos - no need for ele penetration gem. No need for lifeleech gem - just run 2x atziris promise which in addition to giving a ton of dps also give 2% leech, same as the gem would. This is basically 2 free gem slots as far as im concerned.

This allows us to get to a whopping 120k dps for a GMP freezing pulse for clearing maps, and a huge 190k tooltip when switching in added cold damage. This singletarget is disgustingly strong with the poison. It goes through atziri phases in about 5 seconds, and killed lvl 75 rigwald in about 20-30.

Also, Wither totem for tough enemies! Drop this thing and get like 10 stacks of 7% increased chaos damage taken in addition to the slow effect. Its a great 4l!

Take note this is all on a 5l as well. 6l would be nuts. Contenders for the 6th link are controlled destruction, added cold, or maybe added chaos. testing is needed.

DEFENSE

Okay what about defense and what the hell BM/EB/MOM/VP/US??

The build has 4980 life and 1781 ES at this point in time.

Because of the downside of infernal mantle i went to the bloodmagic keystone. The increased spell damage taken on low mana is completly nullified by using this keystone. Also, going bm lets me ignore all mana issues which are a pain in the ass in 2.1 still despite the changes to base mana. Also, theres a ton of % life hidden behind that node.

Traveling into that part of the tree lets me grab unwavering stance for stun immunity which is also fantastic.

Now because I've got about 1700 ES as well, EB/MOM is a great combo. When using bloodmagic without these keystones casting will stop ES from regenerating, making it pretty useless. However, using EB/MOM reduces almost all damage by 30% until my ES is gone, at which point i can retreat to refill it. This effectively gives a lifepool of about 6.5k, which for a caster is fantastic in my opinion.

Also, Vaal pact. This is great, with atziri flasks one cast into a pack will refill 100% of my health easily. Makes the atziri's promise flasks give quasi immortality to anything but 1 shots. Love it.

With the setup this build has it can run literally every single map mod. bloodmagic/noregen/reflect... none of it matters. If you want a true "alch and go" build this is it. Ive levelled from 88 to 91 with 0 deaths, and ones before that were figuring out mechanics of the build (entailed a massive 50 point respec from prior EK build...). Defenses are really strong in my opinion.

My cwdt links are kinda just thrown in there, not all that useful. If anyone has good suggestions for those let me know. Also i know my flasks suck, not even 20%. Whatever.

Thats about it, its a tripple conversion build with great dps and solid defense. Let me know if you've got questions or feel free to hit me up in game at "space".

Levelling
Last edited by SpaceJanitor on Dec 27, 2015, 11:10:11 PM
Last bumped on May 19, 2016, 8:20:00 AM
Looks nice! Been looking for a dual dagger build for some cool looks !
Though, I'm recently returnere to the game, played like 2-3 years ago, so I'm a bit unsure how you would level this build, any pointers on that? Like where to go first in the tree, bandits, maybe gear to Pick up / buy for the proces and gems? Anything would be extremely helpful! :)
how much does it cost to work and are you on the new leagues?
@Loje - Levelling I would go with freezing pulse all the way up i think, and convert it to chaos once you can use the required uniques. You can use pyre early on and get some jewel slots to implement Izario's Turmoil for a nice 40-50% jewel damage early on. Or level with flame totem/lightning tendrils in that new t1 unique talisman, ive heard the added chaos dmg is super strong for the level it is available.

Bandits are Oak for hp / Kill all for skill point / Alira for power charge.

Let me know if you've got questions.

@Turtle008
Build is fairly cheap to be honest. I linked the infernal mantle myself but 5l's go for 1-1.5 ex it looks like. Maligaro's gloves are kinda pricy but not mandatory. Think 1.5 ex or so. Consuming dark was 15 chaos, other dagger was like 10 chaos, and all the rares were less than 10c each. So fairly budget I would say. A 6l Infernal mantle is of course quite expensive and I dont have one yet.
And yeah this is all on Talisman SC.
Would you reserve 12.5% of your life for Herald of ice - Curse on hit - Assassin's Mark ? Should also be a great dps increase due to the 125% damage effectiveness of FP.
roughly how much crit chance do you have i presume with 4 charges, how are you sustaining charges?
Kaminar - a 12.5% aura costs about 700 life which i dont really think is worth it. The Damage isnt really needed to be honest. Also, because of the conversions I dont do any freezing so there would be no aoe shatters to apply curses. The life tradeoff just isnt worth it for the damage in my opinion. However, mentioning the 125% damage effectiveness of the spell, getting flat fire or cold damage on your 2nd dagger is highly reccomended.

Maoster - I have 62% crit, plus about 10% more from assassins mark. Mark is linked to increased AOE and Faster Casting so its pretty easy to keep up most of the time.
Now try the build in pvp with FP instead of GMP that is some fun stuff to do
Write random stuff here
Last edited by RunMyWay on Dec 26, 2015, 8:32:24 PM
Yeah this build totally wrecks in sarn arena because nobody has chaos resist. Also you can shoot offscreen already without faster projectiles gem. Its really strong in there.
"
SpaceJanitor wrote:
Kaminar - ... Also, because of the conversions I dont do any freezing so there would be no aoe shatters to apply curses ...

Of course, i'm dumb sorry.

Self casting curses is a pain but the build looks really interesting, thats some impressive FP numbers considering its on a 5L.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info