3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

I see what you are saying..wow lol. Why do they give us shiny things they know we will go for, only to snatch them away!?

Guess we will have to see what hits the ground and what springs up to life after the beta dust settles. I hope your build will survive though, It's cool.
then tell GGG don't f*xk with Vaal Pact lol
Just like how non-voters sit idle then wonder why the president elected was not who they wanted. Click that link and scream don't f*ckin f*ck with vp

and tell your gamer bros too to scream
you can sh*t in one hand and hope in another, guess which hand will fill first?
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Well what is troubling me as I look through all the different guides among all the classes one thing is a common thread in 99.9% of them that are worth a crap, whether ES or health...Vaal Pact.

So I feel like everyone found the best node on the whole tree, and endgame is hardly possibly without it for any build...just feels like a fundamental flaw in the game, either make it ok to insta leech(or a nerfed version perhaps) or not.

Feels like they are trying the "or not" part. So in turn what would that lead us to next? Dumb down enemies so we don't have to insta-leech? At what point do we reach a part of the development where things feel right? I feel like they should of had this part figured out before letting us have it for x amount of time before they are trying to change it now. That's the part that pisses me off.

"
Well what is troubling me as I look through all the different guides among all the classes one thing is a common thread in 99.9% of them that are worth a crap, whether ES or health...Vaal Pact.

So I feel like everyone found the best node on the whole tree, and endgame is hardly possibly without it for any build...just feels like a fundamental flaw in the game, either make it ok to insta leech(or a nerfed version perhaps) or not.

Feels like they are trying the "or not" part. So in turn what would that lead us to next? Dumb down enemies so we don't have to insta-leech? At what point do we reach a part of the development where things feel right? I feel like they should of had this part figured out before letting us have it for x amount of time before they are trying to change it now. That's the part that pisses me off.

they know how to balance the game, they choose not to because nerfing forces both new and elite players alike to work the game and invest hours. That's how they make money because it's easier than making creative, engaging content to keep us happy. They stole this game as it is, it's a carbon-copy of Diablo 2 that they are not allowed to make money of the game itself since it's a copyright. The game counts legally more like a mod on someone else's game that is standalone. They need players to buy microtransactions just to get anything out of the players, so naturally they opt for work over play since play requires giving a sh*t

Think about it- how much more fun is this game than it is work?
Too bad because the mechanics are buttery smooth early to mid-game then there's nothing to hold us here so they have to make us work

As soon as you complete your character that's usually it. Time for a new character or quit because the game is inherently flawed
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 20, 2017, 8:47:44 PM
You're right brother.. I hope they get a grip asap. I feel like they will be harsh at first but I hope they better not waste time bringing it back to where it needs to be.
"
You're right brother.. I hope they get a grip asap. I feel like they will be harsh at first but I hope they better not waste time bringing it back to where it needs to be.

"
GottaGoMonk wrote:
In social psychology (or "marketing" as people in the business like to call it), there's a cute persuasion technique called the Door-In-The-Face (DITF) technique (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Door-in-the-face_technique).

Basically if you were the CEO of a gaming company looking to slow player progression by implementing some really unpopular nerfs, it's better to first announce extreme over-the-top nerfs. Bandy around some crazy numbers taken from the top 1% of the player base to justify the nerfs and generate outrage.

After the rioting begins and the UN declares a State of Emergency, appeal for calm and announce the actual (originally intended) nerfs. There will be much relief and celebration. There will be fireworks and dancing in the streets. There will also probably be an orgasmic explosion of rampant profligacy in the mtx shop by relieved players.

It's a win-win situation for everyone.

This isn't about nerfing the top 1% who will always be the top 1% no matter what. This isn't about "game balance" or Life vs ES, or any of those other insignificant distractions. This is about slowing the progression of the mass majority of the player base to increase the Return on Invested Capital. After all, gaming assets don't just create themselves.

Actual business decisions revolve around more arcane but boring concepts like Return on Capital, Return on Equity, Debt/Equity ratios, Dividend Yields, and very important questions like "When do my stock options vest?" No one gives a shit about the current meta in executive boardroom meetings.

Well played GGG. :golf clap:

10/10 would love to be manipulated again.

"
Finnien wrote:

Unfortunately, based on history, that's not how GGG works. They announce an over-the-top nerf. Players complain. GGG doesn't care. Nerf goes through as stated. Builds die. End of story. They really just don't care.

"

:((( I mean it has been done before, anyone remember incinerate? Eldritch Battery? No matter the feedback, the changes happened

Dunno why I ever returned to this game after that year break. Dunno why Soup keeps returning. I'm angry even if GGG doesn't hurt Vaal Pact, because I know it's all the same and they will no matter what no matter how badly people rage over it.
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 20, 2017, 9:21:56 PM
Hi. According to your experience, how much HP is considered comfortable if the damage is higher? Is 6300-6500ish viable?
"
loonger wrote:
Hi. According to your experience, how much HP is considered comfortable if the damage is higher? Is 6300-6500ish viable?

A budget build had 6300 life and utterly tanked the most difficult beyond enemy that killed all non-elite players since Bloodlines came out 1.4-ish. It's on my "WHY PLAY DUAL STRIKER" at top of thread, a fan made the video.

I'd say 7000 is comfy given how life gear is easier to get these days and great axes are still tough to find at reasonable prices, go for +70 or higher life rares and you'd hit 7k. He can top at 9300 with Belly of the Beast and epic rares.

6000 life will happen even if you don't try lol my build pretty much goes all life passives so it's easy to multiple what little you have. Damage on the other hand is tougher as my dual striker gets DPS from great axes then uses auras+pots to "gain" additional multiplied damage from base raw phys. damage (not convert, gain). Hope this helps
"
"
loonger wrote:

A budget build had 6300 life and utterly tanked the most difficult beyond enemy that killed all non-elite players since Bloodlines came out 1.4-ish. It's on my "WHY PLAY DUAL STRIKER" at top of thread, a fan made the video.

I'd say 7000 is comfy given how life gear is easier to get these days and great axes are still tough to find at reasonable prices, go for +70 or higher life rares and you'd hit 7k. He can top at 9300 with Belly of the Beast and epic rares.

6000 life will happen even if you don't try lol my build pretty much goes all life passives so it's easy to multiple what little you have. Damage on the other hand is tougher as my dual striker gets DPS from great axes then uses auras+pots to "gain" additional multiplied damage from base raw phys. damage (not convert, gain). Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply. Thinking of doing Shaper/Guardians/Uber, but may get 6300ish HP only, hence the question. :D
"
loonger wrote:
"
"
loonger wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Thinking of doing Shaper/Guardians/Uber, but may get 6300ish HP only, hence the question. :D

Ohhhh

Shaper would be utterly impossible under 8k life. I wrote that in my guide. Shaper with my build requires 300,000 DPS and 8k life pretty much minimum if you want to kill him reliably in 6 or less portals. Soup killed him 250k DPS and 8k life in 5-6 portals but it took him like 10 attempts to master footwork due to the arena killing him, and he's pro with my dual striker, so that seems to be the minimum.

I killed Shaper first attempt around 400k DPS and 9k life in 5 portals. Shaper himself is tankable minus his void slam but the arena killed me a lot. Without that aerna Shaper is a newb
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on May 21, 2017, 10:14:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info