3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

hey! wanna play some shi**y games?!!!
NO! PLEASE NO!
hahahaha ya f***in' nerd!
buffalo diarrhea f**k farts!!!
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
banana
banana
Hi Umbra/Soup!

I have always loved playing dual wield melee builds and when I started playing PoE not too long ago I found myself going down this path and was fortunate enough to find your build about midway into building my character in the Essence league, saw I was heading down a nearly identical path, and jumped on board from there.

I'm level 93 and generally have very few problems with the build, but I would like to submit my results for you both to review in the hopes of getting a few pointers as to where the chinks in my armor are, as I definetely am beginning to have trouble with some bosses/mob T14+ and am gearing up to take down shaper and do not feel confident enough to engage him just yet.

Here are my Stats below; gear should be publicly available to view via my forum profile:

http://imgur.com/a/AFXAn

Key Differences:

1. I use cleave as a matter of personal preference: it simply clears faster for my given playstyle, and the added inherent AoE + lots of Intelligence actually adds to my survivability in non-boss scenarios: I can leech and do great DPS well out of range of most mobs even entering my hitbox, and even big HP ones melt before they can touch me if I position properly.

2. Iron Reflexes + Unwavering Stance (tree, not Kaom's); I run this pretty much all the time for greater Phys reduction since, unless I'm reading your guide wrong & Soup's non-legacy stats, Eva rating is pretty much wasted/useless without both of these in combination since you cannot evade attacks anyway. Was curious as to why you'd rather run 1-2k armor 0% dodge vs. what I have, which is about 5k Armor 0% dodge; think I'm missing something here.

3. Fewer Uniques/Spell Block - I find it incredibly difficult to achieve good resistance levels if I'm not sporting yellows in the hands/boots/rings/ammy slots, and found its actually more dangerous to run items like Voidheart or Kaom's Roots given that Cleave's DPS is sufficient and with high res I don't have a problem using leech to survive than if I take bigger hits with lower res. I'm at a loss as to whether or not this is optimal as a newbie PoE player -- also legacy uniques are unavailable in Esc but to be honest I am not very familiar with the key diffs/benefits the legacy items provide vs. what's available. Looking for your thoughts!

My Biggest Problem:

One-shots: Unbuffed 6.8k HP, 150-170 res, 30%+ block, 11 APS, Cannot Be Stunned and 120k+ dps and I am still very frequently encountering bosses and even rare/purple mobs that can one-shot me even when buffed sometimes. I don't run T14+ maps with temp chains or high phys reflect, but even then there are times when otherwise easy clear maps can surprise me with instadeath. Is there some mod I should be paying attention to that might be the culprit or are their some build changes I need to make? It's very frustrating.

Looking forward to your thoughts!
"
Ðrakken wrote:
Hi Umbra/Soup!

I have always loved playing dual wield melee builds and when I started playing PoE not too long ago I found myself going down this path and was fortunate enough to find your build about midway into building my character in the Essence league, saw I was heading down a nearly identical path, and jumped on board from there.

I'm level 93 and generally have very few problems with the build, but I would like to submit my results for you both to review in the hopes of getting a few pointers as to where the chinks in my armor are, as I definetely am beginning to have trouble with some bosses/mob T14+ and am gearing up to take down shaper and do not feel confident enough to engage him just yet.

Here are my Stats below; gear should be publicly available to view via my forum profile:

Key Differences:

1. I use cleave as a matter of personal preference: it simply clears faster for my given playstyle, and the added inherent AoE + lots of Intelligence actually adds to my survivability in non-boss scenarios: I can leech and do great DPS well out of range of most mobs even entering my hitbox, and even big HP ones melt before they can touch me if I position properly.

2. Iron Reflexes + Unwavering Stance (tree, not Kaom's); I run this pretty much all the time for greater Phys reduction since, unless I'm reading your guide wrong & Soup's non-legacy stats, Eva rating is pretty much wasted/useless without both of these in combination since you cannot evade attacks anyway. Was curious as to why you'd rather run 1-2k armor 0% dodge vs. what I have, which is about 5k Armor 0% dodge; think I'm missing something here.

3. Fewer Uniques/Spell Block - I find it incredibly difficult to achieve good resistance levels if I'm not sporting yellows in the hands/boots/rings/ammy slots, and found its actually more dangerous to run items like Voidheart or Kaom's Roots given that Cleave's DPS is sufficient and with high res I don't have a problem using leech to survive than if I take bigger hits with lower res. I'm at a loss as to whether or not this is optimal as a newbie PoE player -- also legacy uniques are unavailable in Esc but to be honest I am not very familiar with the key diffs/benefits the legacy items provide vs. what's available. Looking for your thoughts!

My Biggest Problem:

One-shots: Unbuffed 6.8k HP, 150-170 res, 30%+ block, 11 APS, Cannot Be Stunned and 120k+ dps and I am still very frequently encountering bosses and even rare/purple mobs that can one-shot me even when buffed sometimes. I don't run T14+ maps with temp chains or high phys reflect, but even then there are times when otherwise easy clear maps can surprise me with instadeath. Is there some mod I should be paying attention to that might be the culprit or are their some build changes I need to make? It's very frustrating.

Hey there, glad to see you on board :D

1. Your preference is all you man :D I pretty much nuke entire mobs instantaneously in T16 maps so my focus is on bosses and I found cleave wanting in 1v1
2. Meh, armor does nothing as most hits now that can kill my guy in 1 hit are magically powered attacks that don't even count as physical attacks. You saw my 2xAbyss video? He was pretty much doing all physical damage. Meh. As I wrote in my guide, physical damage doesn't pose a threat leaving me able to put those passives something much more meaningful. You use cleave, so you're reaction to phys damage will be very different. I attack so fast and leech so fast it doesn't matter. If I don't die in one hit... I don't die.
3. My build has a budget version that can kill everyone except shaper. I also dropped Kaom's so now you have gloves, boots, belt and one ring for resistances and stats. It's become much easier to gear my dude to avoid intelligence and resistance problems
4. One shots are EVERYONE'S problems. It's why I droped a few passives here and there for life pool. Now only Uber Atziri, Shaper and sometimes Uber Malachai can one shot me. Corrupted Guardian maps that are unreasonable like +200% fire damage on phoenix map can get me one shot.

I recommend dropping Cleave for Dual Strike. It's just all around better.
"
"
Ðrakken wrote:
Hi Umbra/Soup!

Key Differences:

My Biggest Problem:

Hey there, glad to see you on board :D

1. Your preference is all you man :D I pretty much nuke entire mobs instantaneously in T16 maps so my focus is on bosses and I found cleave wanting in 1v1
2. Meh, armor does nothing as most hits now that can kill my guy in 1 hit are magically powered attacks that don't even count as physical attacks. You saw my 2xAbyss video? He was pretty much doing all physical damage. Meh. As I wrote in my guide, physical damage doesn't pose a threat leaving me able to put those passives something much more meaningful. You use cleave, so you're reaction to phys damage will be very different. I attack so fast and leech so fast it doesn't matter. If I don't die in one hit... I don't die.
3. My build has a budget version that can kill everyone except shaper. I also dropped Kaom's so now you have gloves, boots, belt and one ring for resistances and stats. It's become much easier to gear my dude to avoid intelligence and resistance problems
4. One shots are EVERYONE'S problems. It's why I droped a few passives here and there for life pool. Now only Uber Atziri, Shaper and sometimes Uber Malachai can one shot me. Corrupted Guardian maps that are unreasonable like +200% fire damage on phoenix map can get me one shot.

I recommend dropping Cleave for Dual Strike. It's just all around better.

Thanks for the quick reply dude!

I guess at this point then I will ask: will going for 6.8k to 7k life avoid more one-shots? I have zero problem with life leech as well with cleave at 11 APS, either I get KO'd in one hit or I'm fine. Is this cheapness really the bar PoE sets?! That sucks!
OH, forgot one big question:

CWDT setup:

You lay out the links/gem combinations, but is there a certain level combination I should aim for with certain skills/links thats better? I currently have them all at lvl 20. That might be a problem I've missed.

Ty!
"
Ðrakken wrote:
OH, forgot one big question:

CWDT setup:

You lay out the links/gem combinations, but is there a certain level combination I should aim for with certain skills/links thats better? I currently have them all at lvl 20. That might be a problem I've missed.

Ty!

Hey yeah also in my guide I recommended 6500 life as bvare bones but that 8000 is optimal. You'll really want 7300+ life unless you're running auras and are prepared for map mods. Regular Atziri is considered easy peasy these days yet without fire res help she can hit for a tad over 7k still. I don't get 1-shot almost ever with my lv94 marauder at 7400 life and Soup is at 8000

Well only for Immortal Call+CWDT, those are another reason why I don't bother with armor because they discharge upon taking phys damage for ~0.5-1 second so 90% of maps I spend virtually immune to phys damage. Again, this is all in my guide lol. Aim for IC lv3/20q CWDT lv1 with 20-20 inc duration depending on preference. I've run CWDT up to lv4 but it's finnicky.

They won't activate much or at all past lv 5. You want them to activate nonstop even if it's for a split second, it acts as a shield
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Oct 28, 2016, 9:25:32 PM
Hey Ðrakken
my skill tree recommendations
1) if you have enough dexterity use 2 points +10 strength between "unvawering" and "master of arena"
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Strength
2) pick up "herbalism" instead 2 life nodes around "constitution". in this way you get 15% life instead 10%
3) "duality" is not woth 3 skill points. "splitting strikes" is better but not worth so.
4) i used "iron reflexes" before lvl100, it's ok for maps or lab farming while you have not at least 7k life. also "cloth and chain" helps a lot with resistances before you can afford very good suffixes.
5) MOST IMPORTANT. "vitality void" is a must. it's all leech we have on skill tree. do not skip it
6) recraft your gloves. add life leech instead armour
7) i do not know what level of immortal call is optimal. i'm sure it is not 20. i use 1st lvl cwdt and suitable immortal call
8) i got "stone of lazhwar" as it was possible while leveling. and changed it to corrupted variant later. i don't know how build goes w/o this item. basically it helps a lot on atziri and some bosses like shock and horror or megaera.
9) you have to upgrade your items to afford stone of lazhwar then voidheart. forget about chaos resist. ok to have -60%
10) pick up warchief and kill volatile bonestalkers on t14+
11) MOST IMPORTANT. use vengeance gem. insta leech even you're not attacking
try one skill tree (or both but i think #1 is better for your items)
#1 www.poeurl.com/Pnp
#2 www.poeurl.com/Pnq
Last edited by triwesterki on Oct 28, 2016, 9:58:54 PM
"

one more reason to not use cleave there is no place for more intelligence.
dual striker build allows you to leap right in the middle of every pack, kill all in a flash and survive, that's why this build is incredibly fun. stop cleaving, kiting, keeping distance, be berserker!
..axes to the face! haha
Last edited by triwesterki on Oct 28, 2016, 10:46:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info