3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

bump
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Hi, THanks for the build

Which is better between good rare chest armor and belly?
bump
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Sep 12, 2017, 10:40:39 AM
"
Hi, THanks for the build

Which is better between good rare chest armor and belly?

I'd say rare if it has over 140 life. But it's not a straightforward answer. Max life bonuses are different in their math based on passives. Max life points work harder from passive multiplication, so rare life chest is better later level when you have more max life % passives filled in. Which answers the second half, belly is better at lower level because it counts as like 6+ levels worth of passive % nodes, making the life gear you have more optimal sooner. In the end though, rare chest wins. They go all the way to 175 life and can get dual/triple res plus other bonuses and even when 6L are still often cheaper than a belly of the beast.
I managed to do about 70% of the grandmasters hall by running and luring them two by two. It is possible to do if your weapons are sick.
I fared a lot better with Rare (120 life) and Armour/Evasion (with iron reflexes) than with belly. T15-T16 are much easier with the extra dmg reduction, especially harbingers.

Anyway, thanks for the build, it delivered, and I have 10-15 exalt worthy gear which in this league is pretty bad.

Went in without reading any tactics, but it worked eventually, figured him out. I'm lvl 91 and I'm still leveling my gems, so it's definitely not that difficult, especially if you've ever played median XL lol.

Last edited by NuclearCha0s on Sep 12, 2017, 11:02:18 AM
"
NuclearCha0s wrote:
I fared a lot better with Rare (120 life) and Armour/Evasion (with iron reflexes) than with belly. T15-T16 are much easier with the extra dmg reduction, especially harbingers.

Anyway, thanks for the build, it delivered, and I have 10-15 exalt worthy gear which in this league is pretty bad.

Went in without reading any tactics, but it worked eventually, figured him out. I'm lvl 91 and I'm still leveling my gems, so it's definitely not that difficult, especially if you've ever played median XL lol.

Gz man! Looking great!
I've been waiting to post until I've had a chance to play this badass into the 70s. Only now am I having any trouble at all. I haven't played since early/mid 2014 so it's been interesting getting back up to speed. Been back about a month now and it's coming back to me.

This is a great build; absolutely love it. Granted, I did have a stash full of shit to choose from when I started. I rolled with dual Aurumvorax Rapiers probably until maybe level 60 when I replaced one with a 1.8x APS fancy foil I made. Now I have dual 1.9x APS jeweled foils I made - big difference. I think the resists on the rapiers helped a lot early on since with two of them it pushed me well over the 75% cap so helped with lack of speed against elemental damage.

I keep swapping out curses I use with CWDT but Punishment has been with me for a while and the buff is pretty much up all the time. The Increased Duration I have in there is probably not as useful as it was before since everything just kind of melts - especially if I pop Abyssal Cry. Still playing around with the gem setup.

Tried buying a few upgrades, but getting anyone selling anything on poe.trade to even answer has been a chore. So I found/made what I have excepting the uniques which I already had in my stash.

Did a map the other day and I think I was getting cold crit striked to death since I kept freezing. Probably need to work on those resistances to help there.

Looking for some suggestions on anything. Are my weapons, hat, armor good enough for 70s? Most everything else I've been wearing for probably 20 levels so definitely need some attention there. Gems good? Passives?

Thanks!
"
kellewic wrote:
I've been waiting to post until I've had a chance to play this badass into the 70s. Only now am I having any trouble at all. I haven't played since early/mid 2014 so it's been interesting getting back up to speed. Been back about a month now and it's coming back to me.

This is a great build; absolutely love it. Granted, I did have a stash full of shit to choose from when I started. I rolled with dual Aurumvorax Rapiers probably until maybe level 60 when I replaced one with a 1.8x APS fancy foil I made. Now I have dual 1.9x APS jeweled foils I made - big difference. I think the resists on the rapiers helped a lot early on since with two of them it pushed me well over the 75% cap so helped with lack of speed against elemental damage.

I keep swapping out curses I use with CWDT but Punishment has been with me for a while and the buff is pretty much up all the time. The Increased Duration I have in there is probably not as useful as it was before since everything just kind of melts - especially if I pop Abyssal Cry. Still playing around with the gem setup.

Tried buying a few upgrades, but getting anyone selling anything on poe.trade to even answer has been a chore. So I found/made what I have excepting the uniques which I already had in my stash.

Did a map the other day and I think I was getting cold crit striked to death since I kept freezing. Probably need to work on those resistances to help there.

Looking for some suggestions on anything. Are my weapons, hat, armor good enough for 70s? Most everything else I've been wearing for probably 20 levels so definitely need some attention there. Gems good? Passives?

Thanks!

Yes, by 72 you need to replace ALL that gear. Get Kaom's Roots asap and never be frozen again, but yeah, you're wearing super low gear. If money is an issue, buy 2 Ichimonji swords, they are cheap and super fast and high dps, should only be a couple chaos each. If you have currency, get some 300+- phys dps swords, and search 1.9+ aps. You will see a MASSIVE damage boost.

Life and resists are priority on jewelry and belts, get those stacked and worry about phys damage later. Gloves at least need attack speed in addition to life.

Have a read through the guide again, lots to improve on and you'll be wrecking maps like they're nothing.
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
kellewic wrote:

Thanks!

Yes, by 72 you need to replace ALL that gear. Get Kaom's Roots asap and never be frozen again, but yeah, you're wearing super low gear. If money is an issue, buy 2 Ichimonji swords, they are cheap and super fast and high dps, should only be a couple chaos each. If you have currency, get some 300+- phys dps swords, and search 1.9+ aps. You will see a MASSIVE damage boost.

Life and resists are priority on jewelry and belts, get those stacked and worry about phys damage later. Gloves at least need attack speed in addition to life.

Have a read through the guide again, lots to improve on and you'll be wrecking maps like they're nothing.

Thanks. I expected such a response - 70 definitely seemed a tipping point where it's hard to cover weaknesses. I can still do T1 maps without too much trouble, but it's definitely not the cake walk everything through Act 10 was.

Money's not an issue (within reason) - getting anyone selling to reply seems to be. I'll keep searching and sending messages - eventually someone will reply. I have like 7 poe.trade searches open I keep refreshing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info