3.0 Dual Striker Leechtank The Wolf Bleeds Yet Dies Not 2xCORE SHAPER UBER ATZ [Umbra-Soup-Rogue]

banana
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
So I was messing around with testing some stuff and I dropped the 3 life leech nodes by duelist. It seems to be a lot more noticeable than I would have expected. Have you tried that?

I was messing around with dual strike some for fun and and I just don't seem to be leeching as much. I think it was those passives more than anything though...

I was doing a hard mod t13 map and on the boss and I just could not keep my life full and died a couple times which surprised me. Wasn't sure if it was because I was messing with double strike, or dropped those leech nodes... or a bit of both. Double strike sure seems like it hits fast but it's not really as hard.

Edit: I like just messing around with my standard character... I respecced to something that seemed like it would be much tankier... I dropped the axe nodes to the left of marauder and ended the build with 10 jewel sockets. More life, more APS from more jewels... but to do that spec I dropped those life leech nodes and lost some physical damage. The leech just didn't seem to be there like before though. :D

That made me think about something I don't really know though. When you have vaal pact, is there a cap on your life leech?
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Jul 8, 2017, 4:47:18 PM
or
?
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
So I was messing around with testing some stuff and I dropped the 3 life leech nodes by duelist. It seems to be a lot more noticeable than I would have expected. Have you tried that?

I was messing around with dual strike some for fun and and I just don't seem to be leeching as much. I think it was those passives more than anything though...

I was doing a hard mod t13 map and on the boss and I just could not keep my life full and died a couple times which surprised me. Wasn't sure if it was because I was messing with double strike, or dropped those leech nodes... or a bit of both. Double strike sure seems like it hits fast but it's not really as hard.

Edit: I like just messing around with my standard character... I respecced to something that seemed like it would be much tankier... I dropped the axe nodes to the left of marauder and ended the build with 10 jewel sockets. More life, more APS from more jewels... but to do that spec I dropped those life leech nodes and lost some physical damage. The leech just didn't seem to be there like before though. :D

That made me think about something I don't really know though. When you have vaal pact, is there a cap on your life leech?

Without those damage nodes tanking goes down because leech per hit is so infinitesimal it almost does not even leech a couple life per swing. The APS at that point would be like getting 1 life gain on hit rather than 7% life leeched via tooltip.

I told you man, the dual striker is very inflexible. Others have tried to go their own way and failed over the last 3.5 years. It took me 1.5 years to create him in functioning order at all and another 1 year after that to get him Atziri capable and it took Soup another year after that to make him Uber/Shaper capable.

He simply is at his max as he is already. Except for gems and possible gear, he truly cannot be improved in any meaningful way without sacrifice in other vital areas.

Sorry bro, but if you don't like how he plays now then you won't like him later either. It won't get easier, only harder.
"
jonysousa wrote:
or
?

OOOOOoooooo tough call man!
First thing I looked at was the APS- 1.88 vs 1.90 makes a pretty significant difference on leech and speed because it's from his axes that those passive APS node really REALLY multiple like mice.

But

The 1.88 axe has enough damage difference that it may prove more effective leech per swing and APS may be of a smaller effect

The call on this one is so close that I'd have to really run those axes and feel the difference.
If I had to give you an answer right this very second it'd be the higher damage axe
but NONE of the mods on either axe mean anything. All that matters for axes is APS + DMG
The elemental damage will amount to nothing in high tier maps and since my dual striker does not crit neither will that matter on the one axe.

If you had more money I'd say both axes would be better off sold for one slightly better axe that was 150-280 dmg + 1.88 to 1.90 APS then equip a Soul Taker! Decisions, decisions!....
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Jul 8, 2017, 6:49:48 PM
"
"
jonysousa wrote:
or
?

OOOOOoooooo tough call man!
First thing I looked at was the APS- 1.88 vs 1.90 makes a pretty significant difference on leech and speed because it's from his axes that those passive APS node really REALLY multiple like mice.

But

The 1.88 axe has enough damage difference that it may prove more effective leech per swing and APS may be of a smaller effect

The call on this one is so close that I'd have to really run those axes and feel the difference.
If I had to give you an answer right this very second it'd be the higher damage axe
but NONE of the mods on either axe mean anything. All that matters for axes is APS + DMG
The elemental damage will amount to nothing in high tier maps and since my dual striker does not crit neither will that matter on the one axe.

If you had more money I'd say both axes would be better off sold for one slightly better axe that was 150-280 dmg + 1.88 to 1.90 APS then equip a Soul Taker! Decisions, decisions!....

Im using a soultaker atm, those are my 2 options.
One of them was 50c and the other 5c and i dont have much more money to spend on axes atm haha just farming to get a sin's or taste of hate
Last edited by jonysousa on Jul 8, 2017, 6:58:40 PM
"
jonysousa wrote:
or
?

Seems like an easy answer to me, the one with full phys will do much more damage. Everything in this build is geared towards increasing your physical damage. All the supports aside from faster attacks are 'more' multipliers for phys damage, which won't do jack for that ele damage. The ele damage will be pretty inconsequential. Plug it into Path of Building to see.

Also, Brutality will likely be the 6th support of choice next patch, will render any ele damage from lousy to completely useless.

/edit The Bloodlust support increases all melee damage, not just phys damage
Last edited by roguemjb on Jul 8, 2017, 7:29:41 PM
"
roguemjb wrote:
"
jonysousa wrote:
or
?

Seems like an easy answer to me, the one with full phys will do much more damage. Everything in this build is geared towards increasing your physical damage. All the supports aside from faster attacks are 'more' multipliers for phys damage, which won't do jack for that ele damage. The ele damage will be pretty inconsequential. Plug it into Path of Building to see.

Also, Brutality will likely be the 6th support of choice next patch, will render any ele damage from lousy to completely useless.

/edit The Bloodlust support increases all melee damage, not just phys damage

Alright thanks! just one thing, should i get every gem 20%? would that increase my dps for a lot more? atm im at 106k tooltip dps with HoA and hatred / without pots.
Don't get Taste of Hate, that's super super optional. Sin's is fine to get after you get all of your other gear, as I consider it only worthwhile for endgame elite dual strikers due to its expense and limited use in long fights.

Get the cheaper axe because the difference is so small between then it'd make no sense to get a 50c axe that sucks a little less than the one that is 1/10th the price.

In order of importance get these if you are starting budget then
going elite if you like dual striking enough

Keep in mind that during all of this you are more than able to level gems to 20 then do the vendor recipe to 20q them but re-level them. Getting gems to lv15-17 in high tier maps take like a day so you'll be fine to do this. The difference between a 20q-lv20 gem and a plain lv20 gem is very, very small. This also means that spending money on corrupted gems like lv21-23q is probably not amazing til you have mostly everything already

1) Soul Taker + Bringer of Rain + Good rare siege axe 150-280 range min/max and 1.88-1.90 APS
2) Rings + Amulet to safely and effectively equip current gear and unique gear that may drop resistances/intelligence
3) Kaom's boots with 180+ life on them once your resistances are doing fine
4) Swap out your crappy rare gloves with high life, 12-16% APS gloves, with 0.4% leech if you're reallllllllllly going for the gold
5) A belt with three resistances around 35-45% and 120 life total (like 90-100 life + another 20-30. Not too too expensive)
6) 20q gems and Special flasks may be a good purchase at this point as they are far, far cheaper than #7
7) At this point you may be considering true endgame commitment as an elite dual striker, which will require absolutely mindblowing axes around 200-400 pDPS 1.90 APS. From what I've seen you won't quite find this level of awesome in non-standard leagues but even getting one around 2/3rds that is still really really great

8) Legacy gear of your choosing such as legacy Soul Taker, Bringer of Rain with 200+ life and 15% block on it or you can rock 6L Belly of the Beast with a 90+ life dual/tri-res rare helm. Regardless, most of these will require being pushed into standard league usually when GGG introduces new leagues then ends the old ones. This sadly you have no control of, but it will happen, which will open up the most epic gear in the entire game.

Hope this helps! I'd post this in the thread but I've reached my thread size limit and cannot write more without deleting more
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Jul 8, 2017, 7:55:38 PM
"
Don't get Taste of Hate, that's super super optional. Sin's is fine to get after you get all of your other gear, as I consider it only worthwhile for endgame elite dual strikers due to its expense and limited use in long fights.

Get the cheaper axe because the difference is so small between then it'd make no sense to get a 50c axe that sucks a little less than the one that is 1/10th the price.

In order of importance get these if you are starting budget then
going elite if you like dual striking enough

Keep in mind that during all of this you are more than able to level gems to 20 then do the vendor recipe to 20q them but re-level them. Getting gems to lv15-17 in high tier maps take like a day so you'll be fine to do this. The difference between a 20q-lv20 gem and a plain lv20 gem is very, very small. This also means that spending money on corrupted gems like lv21-23q is probably not amazing til you have mostly everything already

1) Soul Taker + Bringer of Rain + Good rare siege axe 150-280 range min/max and 1.88-1.90 APS
2) Rings + Amulet to safely and effectively equip current gear and unique gear that may drop resistances/intelligence
3) Kaom's boots with 180+ life on them once your resistances are doing fine
4) Swap out your crappy rare gloves with high life, 12-16% APS gloves, with 0.4% leech if you're reallllllllllly going for the gold
5) A belt with three resistances around 35-45% and 120 life total (like 90-100 life + another 20-30. Not too too expensive)
6) 20q gems and Special flasks may be a good purchase at this point as they are far, far cheaper than #7
7) At this point you may be considering true endgame commitment as an elite dual striker, which will require absolutely mindblowing axes around 200-400 pDPS 1.90 APS. From what I've seen you won't quite find this level of awesome in non-standard leagues but even getting one around 2/3rds that is still really really great

8) Legacy gear of your choosing such as legacy Soul Taker, Bringer of Rain with 200+ life and 15% block on it or you can rock 6L Belly of the Beast with a 90+ life dual/tri-res rare helm. Regardless, most of these will require being pushed into standard league usually when GGG introduces new leagues then ends the old ones. This sadly you have no control of, but it will happen, which will open up the most epic gear in the entire game.

Hope this helps! I'd post this in the thread but I've reached my thread size limit and cannot write more without deleting more

Hope you don't mind me PMing you but im raelly really enjoying this manly build and atm i got some cheap gear that i will link you in the PM, i will follow your instruction above if you don't answear PM's but anyways really thanks for helping!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info