Constant pc crashes while playing PoE.

if you dont want to turn on vsync but you see FPS over 300 you should try using a FPS limiter. "Nvidia Inspector" has such an option for Nvidia driven Cards.
Could be that this overheating issue derives from high FPS peaks.

anyway this mustnt be the answer for your problem. I did just thought about overheating and fps peaks. i used to see peaks about 600-800 FPS in Skyrim in main menu before loading a game to continue. so a limiter helped here to reduce such useles high FPS which only heat up the cards for nothing.
Die Nase ist der Bohrturm des kleinen Mannes!
The nose is the oilrig for the poor man! hmm, not really working in english this one :D
I checked my temps during playing and the maximum was 50 c,
and Vsync is always on.

Oddly, I get BSODs from PoE. I highly, highly doubt that it is temperature related, I monitor the temps and they are easily within spec, and I have run multiple eve online clients for hours without issue which puts my CPU and GPU at max load.

Turned off automatic restart so I can catch the error code next time it happens.
IGN: Guillotine - Shadow - Open Beta
Bawss - 73 Witch - Closed Beta

Last edited by tzaro on Mar 18, 2012, 4:16:08 PM
Moved thread to beta bug reports forum.

Computer turning itself off while playing really sounds like an overheating issue. Most non-ancient computers will shut themself off at a certain threshold. Keep vsync on, and make sure to monitor your temps (CPU and GPU and whatever else you have access to). Normally your graphics card and motherboard vendors will offer tools to monitor temps.

Blue screen can be a number of things, most common are either overheating, a driver issue, or dying hardware. Make sure your drivers are up to date, keep vsync on and monitor your temps. If possible (if you have access to some/know how) try swapping your hardware (graphics card is usually the easiest) and see if the problem still occurs.
I have same problem.
Last edited by Putevoy_obxodchik on Mar 24, 2012, 2:01:40 AM
I have problems in act 2, When loading a new instance. Its says that it cant load texture. Or something like that. TOTAL buzz kill. Never had a problem on act 1 =/
"
Tegaroessing wrote:
I have problems in act 2, When loading a new instance. Its says that it cant load texture. Or something like that. TOTAL buzz kill. Never had a problem on act 1 =/

This sounds like pack file corruption! Try repairing your pack file with Pack Check, found at the top of the Bug Reports forum.
Balance & Design
@Rory, Thanks , trying it out now! Wll post later to give you feedback! <3
Sorry for dual posting, But still having issues. It says, "Unable to map files" Any idea on a fix for this? Thanks in advance :D
"
Tegaroessing wrote:
Sorry for dual posting, But still having issues. It says, "Unable to map files" Any idea on a fix for this? Thanks in advance :D

In some previous posts, someone suggested turning virus and firewalls off? You may need to remove and repatch your content.ggpk file, sadly, if you're getting the unable to map files message every time.
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info