[2.2] PHC Necromancer Dual 100% Chaos Flame Totem Max Block, 225% life, BM. Atziri Viable.

are projectile speed and damage good for dps?

when I link projectile damage or speed, dps increases very little.

Otherwise, cast speed shows way better dps than projectiles.

What's the difference between projectiles and cast?
Last edited by kangham on Feb 8, 2016, 12:19:28 PM
"
kangham wrote:
are projectile speed and damage good for dps?

when I link projectile damage or speed, dps increases very little.

Otherwise, cast speed shows way better dps than projectiles.

What's the difference between projectiles and cast?

Yes projectile damage increase dps.
You need both cast speed and damage on a skill like this.

This is basic game mechanics that i don't really want to explain more precisely (i can't teach you how to play the game or how it works). There is ressources out there you can use to learn about those things that will explain it way better than i could ever do and i wouldn't know where to start. (these forums, PoE general guides, the wiki)
I can provide support for this build however.
What about a Freezing Pulse Totem version of this? Would FT be that much better?
"
shahmat1972 wrote:
What about a Freezing Pulse Totem version of this? Would FT be that much better?

you need to deal fire damage to get the chaos damage conversion
Hi Lemoro, Thx for a very helful guide. I just started POE 2 mo ago with a templar. now at lvl 83. read your comments about the hierophant options and was even more interested. I've tried to adapt my templar to your skill tree s best i can. i'm in the process of accumulating some of the gear you use--work in progress. I'd be interested in any comments you have about the upcoming ascendancy season: BM vs crit, witch vs templar, etc. it's been fun melting those monsters. i've almost quadrupeled (sp?) my damage since switching from Liftings FT build to your chaos build (and no slight to LNB, he is a really great resource for full on newbs like me, kudos to you LNB). room to grow however. thank you again for a really fun build
"
onavelzy wrote:
Hi Lemoro, Thx for a very helful guide. I just started POE 2 mo ago with a templar. now at lvl 83. read your comments about the hierophant options and was even more interested. I've tried to adapt my templar to your skill tree s best i can. i'm in the process of accumulating some of the gear you use--work in progress. I'd be interested in any comments you have about the upcoming ascendancy season: BM vs crit, witch vs templar, etc. it's been fun melting those monsters. i've almost quadrupeled (sp?) my damage since switching from Liftings FT build to your chaos build (and no slight to LNB, he is a really great resource for full on newbs like me, kudos to you LNB). room to grow however. thank you again for a really fun build

Hi, thanks for the feedback.
I am still unsure about the ascendency classes for this build, a lot of potential here and there but each class has something the build won't befenit just because it's using totems (the occultist is one of them, on kill effects only happen if YOU kill stuff and not your TOTEMS).
So i'm still waiting for all the classes to be revealed and hoping the scion will be good. If all fails ill just go for a tanky class for HC
"
lemor0 wrote:
"
onavelzy wrote:

I am still unsure about the ascendency classes for this build, a lot of potential here and there but each class has something the build won't befenit just because it's using totems (the occultist is one of them, on kill effects only happen if YOU kill stuff and not your TOTEMS).
So i'm still waiting for all the classes to be revealed and hoping the scion will be good. If all fails ill just go for a tanky class for HC

Chieftain? for flame totems?
Domine Non Es Dignus
"
Zinja wrote:
"
lemor0 wrote:
"
onavelzy wrote:

Chieftain? for flame totems?

Only if you do regular flame totem, non chaos damage FT.
If you follow this build and items it wont work with chieftain since this build only deals chaos damage 100%
@lemor0 :

Thanks a lot for this very interesting variant of the Dual Flame Totem build !

A friend and I have been playing a long time using LNB's Dual Flame Totem build guide, and since the very annoying Flame Totem nerf from the 2.1 update we have been looking for an effective way to bring our characters' DPS back up as much as possible, without losing any survivability.

I'm happy to see that converting my Dual Flame Totem Witch to a full Chaos Damage build requires quite little investment, and brings a significant increase in effective DPS.

We're just waiting for the next full respec to change our skill trees, and test out this build with several Ascendancy classes.
"
lemor0 wrote:

Only if you do regular flame totem, non chaos damage FT.
If you follow this build and items it wont work with chieftain since this build only deals chaos damage 100%

Of course this is all theoretical for now, but I can see why someone playing a Dual Flame Totem Marauder would opt for the Chieftain.
You could select the Tawhoa, Arohongui and Tukohama nodes which would add significantly to survivability with all fo the following bonuses :

* 40% increased Armour
* +10% to all Elemental Resistances
* 10% reduced Mana Cost of Skills (we benefit from it but it doesn't make a big difference)
* 10% increased Strength
* Enemies near your Totems deal 8% reduced Damage
* Totems are Immune to Fire Damage
* Totems have 50% of your Armour
* Skills used by Totems have a 10% chance to Taunt on Hit
* Totems deal 8% of their maximum Life as Fire Damage to nearby Enemies when Hit

The only bonus you wouldn't benefit from would be :

* Enemies near your Totems take 16% increased Physical and Fire Damage

Of course the Chieftain doesn't bring any huge increase in DPS, but I think it's an interesting option for someone who already has a Dual Flame Totem Marauder.
Last edited by Monsieur_Gao on Feb 21, 2016, 2:34:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info