2.1.1b Patch Notes

Thank you for all of the hard work! :)
Used to use Consuming dark for poison stack with essence drain,after this patch-No stacks,no damage.

"Fixed a bug where skills (from both players and monsters) which dealt chaos damage over time were doing far too much damage when supported by Poison."

and i dont using Poison Gem.Wtf(?
"
(from my reading of the poison post spell power doesn't count towards the poison portion of ED).

Wrong, according to the post spell damage DOES affect Poison if it is applied by a Spell.

"
I am getting only half this value from Bino's when the poison spreads. Bino's regeneration effect is supposed to match the strongest poison on a given mob. I am getting a max of 4,000 regeneration (which includes the regeneration built in to ED and my regular life regeneration) Note that I am not testing this against chaos resistant mobs.

So as far as I can see there was no bug fix. It seems that either a bug was introduced to ED poison damage, or GGG put in some sort of hidden reduction to poison damage for ED.

I'm getting EXACTLY what my math indicates that I should be getting as far as regen goes.

With my 6.92x multiplier from chaos, dot, projectile, and spell dmg from gear/passives, and the 5L with VM, CD, RD, and SP on my level 19 Essence Drain I'm getting about 7-9k Life/sec from Binos (up to like 12.5k when I crit) and according to my math, using those multipliers, I should be getting ~7.7k DPS per stack with Poison; so it seems to be working just fine now.

Before the bug fix, I was getting 22-24k Life/sec from Binos, so the nerf lowered the DPS of each Poison stack by ~2.75x as far as I can tell.. But Poison is still the best option for single-target, as a single stack being more than 1.5x increase in damage [and you should be able to get 5 stacks going at a time.]

Clear speed was perfectly fine for me even before I started using The Consuming Dark, and while we do lose a ton of [broken] single-target, the single-target is still way better than most other non-broken/mirror-tier-gear builds. (You can easily hit like 80k dps with just a 5L.)

"
NoX1ous wrote:
Used to use Consuming dark for poison stack with essence drain,after this patch-No stacks,no damage.

It still Poisons, and it still stacks, the damage of Poison on ED was just broken (it was calculating it over double what it was supposed to be,) now it's fixed; but it still works, though now as intended.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Dec 23, 2015, 1:41:22 PM
"
Sheriff_K wrote:

It still Poisons, and it still stacks, the damage of Poison on ED was just broken (it was calculating it over double what it was supposed to be,) now it's fixed; but it still works, though now as intended.

It's works like a peace of nothing now.I used before essence+ with Gmp and pierce and it will be good for leveling for mobility etc.Now in this links it dealt absolutely no damage.Must swap to 1 projectile and max damage gems links. 1 week -build Goodbye(
And one thing is-Checked on Atziri now.Each hit with eseence drain as i see,Dont deal any stacks of poison...1 hit i do or 10,Her hp goes down with the same speed.
Last edited by NoX1ous on Dec 23, 2015, 1:44:06 PM
On vaals i see a little bit damage boost from poison when hitting 5+ essence,but its so low(
"
NoX1ous wrote:
On vaals i see a little bit damage boost from poison when hitting 5+ essence,but its so low(

Each Poison stack should be like half the DPS of ED's DoT portion, and if you have any Skill Duration nodes the Poison should last enough to get 4-6 stacks.. There's no way that that is "nothing."

You're probably just too used to the op damage it had before, and in contrast it feels like nothing. But the DPS is perfectly fine, as long as you're using Wither. You are, right?

Also, you shouldn't be using multi-proj on ED, that's just dumb. Why would you want to scale the Poison lower, just to hit an extra 2-4 mobs? Such a huge waste.. When Contagion or Binos can make you hit whole packs with 1, and hit harder..
What's the big deal with Mortem Morsu why not just let it apply to spells and let it become useful.
Last edited by n3xx on Dec 23, 2015, 2:12:07 PM
This is now a nerf/build killing thread!
So... Just for confirmation, the IIQ/IIR (MF) is determined/"locked in" on the initial hit of the DoT, correct? So if I weaponswap to weapon/shield with more IIR, it wouldn't affect the IIR that the mob would have when it dies, provided the mob dies from that DoT?

If so, then having Stormsail on swap would get a bit tricky... if not impossible to execute a proper swap. I'd have to basically have it on during an entire boss fight. (Wait, if the Projectile is in the air, is the IIR already locked, or can I swap mid flight and when it connects with the mob would that be when it's locked in?)
Their eyes turn inwards and distort... revealing a stretched desperation.
Light as a neutral force.

The new flesh emerges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info