[2.1] Lowlife vaal spark

"
Nephalim wrote:
Can you link the rest of your gear and jewels? 83k with a flask is incredibly impressive for a 4 link.

Sure, here it goes (even though my profile is open):
Spoiler

Nothing really special and only jewel non-vaal-related gives 14% to Lightning.
"
Adeladen wrote:
That's a very good idea although you lose out on life leech and 50+ es on the helmet.

I carry the life leech around, sometimes I swap it for bosses, very often Warlord's + Atziri flask is enough. Getting a 380 ES helm is great, but I don't feel it is needed that much at my level of ES (7185). It's a reasonable trade-off to push for the Vertex damage.
The incredibly nice side-effect of using this setup is the 50% reduced mana cost of skills, with GREATLY helps with the mana cost issues throughout the build.
"
ovrlrd wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
Can you link the rest of your gear and jewels? 83k with a flask is incredibly impressive for a 4 link.

Sure, here it goes (even though my profile is open):
Spoiler

Nothing really special and only jewel non-vaal-related gives 14% to Lightning.
"
Adeladen wrote:
That's a very good idea although you lose out on life leech and 50+ es on the helmet.

I carry the life leech around, sometimes I swap it for bosses, very often Warlord's + Atziri flask is enough. Getting a 380 ES helm is great, but I don't feel it is needed that much at my level of ES (7185). It's a reasonable trade-off to push for the Vertex damage.
The incredibly nice side-effect of using this setup is the 50% reduced mana cost of skills, with GREATLY helps with the mana cost issues throughout the build.

You have 90% fire resistance on your gear, and 36% on your passives. Thats less than 75% on merci correct?

But indeed it's nice to have arc for less mana (got the same gear on as you do, only the stats aren't as good on all of them. I got 45% fire resist now and rest 75%+. Also still need to get the Empower gem though.
Last edited by Pwnmanship on Jan 13, 2016, 2:54:45 PM
is this HC viable in Tali HC?
"
Pwnmanship wrote:
You have 90% fire resistance on your gear, and 36% on your passives. Thats less than 75% on merci correct?

But indeed it's nice to have arc for less mana (got the same gear on as you do, only the stats aren't as good on all of them. I got 45% fire resist now and rest 75%+. Also still need to get the Empower gem though.

Regarding the fire res, I had just bought a new belt and was testing around the str reqs with and without the passive for 30. Turns out the +40 Light on Shavs makes it impractical not focus on the other two on boots+belt. I may recraft the shield for another, but that setup is capped at the moment (not ele weakness though).
Fire res is a lot less important though, as the reflect will not hit you. It's not unusual to spend a considerable time without being hit at all in the easy maps, as vaal spark just clears everything. The belts I mention are below.
Spoiler
Last edited by ovrlrd on Jan 13, 2016, 3:22:37 PM
"
ovrlrd wrote:
"
Pwnmanship wrote:

Regarding the fire res, I had just bought a new belt and was testing around the str reqs with and without the passive for 30. Turns out the +40 Light on Shavs makes it impractical not focus on the other two on boots+belt. I may recraft the shield for another, but that setup is capped at the moment (not ele weakness though).
Fire res is a lot less important though, as the reflect will not hit you. It's not unusual to spend a considerable time without being hit at all in the easy maps, as vaal spark just clears everything. The belts I mention are below.
Spoiler

Ok clear, and indeed I have the same problem. Though I think I can cap all the resist with only boots and belt, or very very close to it. But we'll see whenever I got enough currency to get the new gear. (you can see my current gear in my profile on talisman)

I really do like your suggestion of the mask which makes it alot easier to keep spamming arc!

Also, do you think it's worth getting that much strenght, only Warlords Mark needs it afaik and it doesn't make your character THAT much more powerfull to focus on it over resis. Though I do got alot of strenght on my gear, but still I think it's not needed to get like 150.
Last edited by Pwnmanship on Jan 13, 2016, 3:28:42 PM
Btw I couldn't find this but: Do Sacrificial Harvest go above 100%? Like are they 'tried' one by one or is it a sum?
"
Btw I couldn't find this but: Do Sacrificial Harvest go above 100%? Like are they 'tried' one by one or is it a sum?

I have no idea.

"
is this HC viable in Tali HC?

It's definetely possible, I know people have played this build in HC but I'm not sure how exactly, you would have to ask someone who plays HC.
The very first person on THC was a vaal spark build albeit he had loot and aura slaves.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Just a little suggestion: Leave increased duration, it's simply useless. Doing without it better by far.
Could you explain your reasoning? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info