[2.1] Lowlife vaal spark

Well it just increases your sparks' time being on the ground, not the time your casting vaal spark. With decent gear you should be able to pretty much oneshot any pack up to t13 even on 2ppl party. You can check my gear on my profile, it feels much better without inc. Duration and it opens you a blue socket (Inc crit / Controlled destruction), you can also put IIR gem into for farming dried lake or whatever. Inc. Dur just makes no sense, it's a completely wasted socket.

In addition to that I feel that spark is far superior over arc. The reasoning is pretty simple:

Costs less mana, single target is better in 99% of situations (well what means "better", arc basicly does not have any single target dps at all lol ;) )
Last edited by _entryway_ on Jan 22, 2016, 8:57:07 PM
hey guys, im thinking of making a selfcast spark build. should i be able to just swap the vaal spark gem with spark and use this build? and skip the jewels ofc
can this also be played as a ranger ? since i do not have a leveled scion/witch lying around in talisman and only have a lvl92 ranger plus some 80ish marauder/templ.. i thought maybe picking up the projectiles nodes and then head up straight to the shadow / witch area.
"
hey guys, im thinking of making a selfcast spark build. should i be able to just swap the vaal spark gem with spark and use this build? and skip the jewels ofc

I'm not sure, see if you can find any spark builds. If you can't then I'd suggest using spark-spell echo-lightning pen. Not sure about the rest, maybe crit multi, added lightning, pierce, faster proj. Not sure if pierce is good with regular spark or not.

"
can this also be played as a ranger ? since i do not have a leveled scion/witch lying around in talisman and only have a lvl92 ranger plus some 80ish marauder/templ.. i thought maybe picking up the projectiles nodes and then head up straight to the shadow / witch area.

I suppose, it won't be as good but it's doable.
You said,
"
In case some of you didn't know, Vaal Spark will be changed in the ascendancy update.

Will it be a nerf or still good to play/what will be changed? Is it worth to build a lowlife vaal spark charr right now?
Depends, it'll probably not be worth playing anymore. If you've got the currency for it and you really want to try it before it gets nerfed, go for it.
"Vaal Spark has been nerfed in almost every way possible. Its critical strike chance has been reduced from 6% to 5%. The base duration of the Sparks has been reduced from 3.5 seconds to 2 seconds. The number of projectiles has been reduced from 150 to 100. The duration of the spiral has been reduced from 4.5 seconds to 3 seconds at all gem levels."

GG
Yep, but we already knew the changes.
btw, I tested Increased Duration gem as well as Increased Duration nodes on the passive tree with the still old 2.1 Vaal Spark.

They do NOTHING for the duration on "how long they are coming out of you", they only change how long the sparks are running around (and 3.5 seconds was long enough actually as everything died instantly anyway).
So taking those nodes on the passive tree was pretty much useless (except you use it for e.g. Vaal Haste, not sure if needed with such a clear speed).
Last edited by daish0 on Mar 3, 2016, 3:11:05 AM
Yeah thanks I knew they didn't affect that, I just think it's good for bosses and such.

RIP
"
The Pierce support gem now grants 10% more damage at gem level 1, up to 29% at gem level 20. It also grants 50% chance to pierce at all gem levels.

that's a 19% dmg increase,

although pierce chance is down by 19%

the nerfs were very heavy handed, I wonder if the build is well and truly dead?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info