[2.6] TankyTwirl - PhysSpell CoC Cyclone

Playing similar build right now with one of my shadows, sitting @2,6k Life/8k ES. Got no problems in any map up to T9 (didn't drop any higher lately, sadly).

Sitting @95% Crit Chance for Cyclone, Ethereal Knives @88% Crit-Chance and Bladefall @78% (with 6 Power Charges (2 from Tree, 1 from Bandits)).

Will keep you tuned about higher Tier Maps if I drop some.

Last edited by cabagey on Mar 13, 2016, 6:16:12 PM
"
cabagey wrote:

Will keep you tuned about higher Tier Maps if I drop some.

I did lots of T13-15 maps last League and with this build, working fine.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Mar 13, 2016, 6:53:11 PM
"
Ice Bite seems like a total waste of a link for me to be honest.. if you want Frenzies run Blood Rage.

Intuitiv Leap for the Shadow oscket is also highly questionable, the socket itself is allready pretty inefficient to get, then you save only 2 Points with the Leap instead of using a good jewel there.

Wow, the wording on Blood Rage is bad. I assumed it was 4% of life and ES simultaneously, so I didn't bother once I started running Hybrid. So yeah, ice bite is out, poison is in :P

For the leap, I count 3 points saved because you can skip the duration node at the power charge as well. One more frenzy is 4% attack speed and 4% more multi to all damage. Suppose it depends on the rest of your setup whether the frenzy is worth.

Was also looking at helm options. Vertex are very cheap right now, but there doesn't seem to be a setup for this build that greatly benefits from the 50% reduced mana and +1 gems. Best I could see is an easy level 4 enlighten to maybe fit a 3rd aura. Heretic's veil also seems like a viable option, making the helm a free 5 link, with reduced mana reserve for blasphemy.

Also, Rainbowstride are a really great pair of leveling boots for this. super cheap right now, nice all res and a bit of spell block.
Last edited by Icaros on Mar 13, 2016, 7:28:46 PM
As Hybrid build Vertex is really good because of the Chaos Res. The +1 All Gems is also nice to get HoI and Disicplin to lvl 21 (and save skill points if you link them with enlighten)

The 50% reduced Mana isn´t used by any build i know, Vertrex is used fpr +1 Gems and great EV+ES.

Atm i don´t run any Blasphemy so idk about Heretics Veil, could be good with a Vul. instead of HoI but ye.. i just love Hoi.. but would be a option to try.
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
hi,

first of all I want u to know that I recently started playing poe and I'm not familiar with all the wording, mechanics and so on ;)
I enjoy this game alot although I don't have that much time playing it.

I really like the idea of this TankyTwirl build but I'm afraid I jumped on this train to early.
My gear is not that good and I die alot! I lack ES! I'm only lvl 50 and far away from beeing optimized in gear and skills.

my char is Xordac -> https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/elbramso/characters

So here are my questions:
- does it make sence to start trading gear to be able to continue the lvl'ing progress, although I'm only lvl 50?
- if so, does some of u have old gear to sell? I don't want free gear, I could spend some Orbs.

thx for your help
"
elbramso wrote:
hi,

first of all I want u to know that I recently started playing poe and I'm not familiar with all the wording, mechanics and so on ;)
I enjoy this game alot although I don't have that much time playing it.

I really like the idea of this TankyTwirl build but I'm afraid I jumped on this train to early.
My gear is not that good and I die alot! I lack ES! I'm only lvl 50 and far away from beeing optimized in gear and skills.

my char is Xordac -> https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/elbramso/characters

So here are my questions:
- does it make sence to start trading gear to be able to continue the lvl'ing progress, although I'm only lvl 50?
- if so, does some of u have old gear to sell? I don't want free gear, I could spend some Orbs.

thx for your help

I looked at your gear, well first switch from shield and dagger for - Trypanon 2h mace if you can't afford vegan's dagger. Atleast throu alchemy into your 5l armor atleast it will maybe roll into something good.

For lvl 50 CoC is to early, but if you use Trypanon it is quite efficent and ok.

Cheers.
"
gopotan wrote:

I looked at your gear, well first switch from shield and dagger for - Trypanon 2h mace if you can't afford vegan's dagger. Atleast throu alchemy into your 5l armor atleast it will maybe roll into something good.

For lvl 50 CoC is to early, but if you use Trypanon it is quite efficent and ok.

Cheers.

Using Orb of Alchemie is a good advice, don't know why I didn't use one by now :D
Trypanon looks really great but it needs 131 Str which I don't have by now but I could swap two rings.
I need new gloves + boots aswell.
gopotan is right, just use a Trypanon for leveling.

You can get easy STR on Amber Amulets and can spec into the +30STR node on the tree.

To make it even better try to get some Accuracy on your Rings, Amulet, Gloves or Helmet.

Switch the Gloves and Belt for Rares with Lifes and Resists.

From what i can see you also did not follow the skilltree and spend some points in other places, should check that again.

The Life at Blood drinker is ok for leveling, you can spec out of that later when you switch to Hybrid and get more ES.

Lvl 50-60 is a hard part for the build because its to early to buy endgame gear and the leveling gear starts to lose effectivness.

If you use a Trypanon you can also spec out of the Dagger Critnodes to fill out the rest of the tree first, then spec back into them when you are ready and have a Vagan Dagger + nice Shield.

I try to update the leveling trees and put some of the info in the leveling sektion of the guide.

Its not easy to level, but once you get over that hill the reward is worth it!
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Ok looks like I ruined my char :(
I only have 4 refunds so I might try to get a Trypanon and go on with the skills I currently have.

Thanks for your support
You will get more refunds through the Story.

Maybe you also can take a look at my other build for this league, its a Trypanon CoC Cyclone its cheaper and easier to gear, you can find it here: poeurl.com/zj7

Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Mar 14, 2016, 1:24:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info