[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

After I dinged 91 yesterday I had a go at Atziri. Replaced CWDT with a spell totem to avoid the curse reflect but actually died 2 or 3 times. I don't know the fight well. DPS was fine though. As I had 3 more sets I went again and now with the normal CWDT setup with 3 curses. One of my flasks gives 6s curse immunity so I kept that at hand. This time she went down deathless so it's best for me to just go full damage and just whirl out now and then.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
After I dinged 91 yesterday I had a go at Atziri. Replaced CWDT with a spell totem to avoid the curse reflect but actually died 2 or 3 times. I don't know the fight well. DPS was fine though. As I had 3 more sets I went again and now with the normal CWDT setup with 3 curses. One of my flasks gives 6s curse immunity so I kept that at hand. This time she went down deathless so it's best for me to just go full damage and just whirl out now and then.

Yeah, I'm too lazy to spec out of cwdt-curse.

For uber atziri, went with the regular setup with no problem. Just for trio, make sure you get the right order: machine gun girl - dual striker - then cycloner. Dual striker has some reflect thing that will just make your es go down so fast.
Just whacked Abaxoth muhaha. Had a leaguestone with 50% chance to spawn a beyond boss active in a T14 map and then he spawned.. just when i whirled away from his flameblasts he died and i got the challenge ^^

Thanks again for this build... it's the strongest I've played so far. Every tier higher map I do, I wonder... will I have trouble with this boss? But so far they hardly give any opposition :)
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Killed shaper yesterday with this build - first try this league. I'm using ZO version (as the char is mainly for lab grinding, and ZO is super good there). Was a bit messy as I wasn't able to facetank everything and I died 2 or 3 times, but still it was pretty safe. Should be very easy with VP version, as I was "almost" able to outleech the beam and balls even with ZO with saphire flask up.

Inc duration is SUPER strong against tough targets (guardians, shaper), it helps to keep 20 wither (u get around 14-16 without it if nonstop casting), stacks more firestorms and gives 60+% more poison duration which is HUGE. So the "boss fight" setup is
wither-cwc-firestorm-void manipulation-conc effect-inc duration.

Also I'd reccomend dual daggers for SC (the second one almost doubles your effective dps)
You can safely ignore the tolltips "fire" part of dmg as we have 0 penetration, it doesn't poison nor igniting, not multiplyed by wither and so on. So it's only the chaos part of dmg for boss fights that matters. And don't forget that spell/elemental dmg from your gear/tree doesn't double dip.

dagger+shield is good vs tough affix Izaro, as u don't rly need that much dps there, and 15k es helps u to survive anything.

Rounding it up: the build is rly rly strong and cheap as a boss-killer, though slow as hell at mapping :) and ZO version can walk thorugh uber lab traps blindfolded ;)

Thanks for the build! One of the cheapest and safest around :)
Has anyone tried a low life version of this? I did this build as a league starter this league and mapping got really painful so I rerolled. Now that I've got a bit of currency, I want to invest a bit more into it and make it my boss killer for the endgame atziri and guardian grinds.
LL version sucks :)

Mantle > Shavs in all regards for Masterpiece.
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
Killed Shaper yesterday, for the first time ever, with this build!
Thank you Legasi, for the wonderful guide and help.
"
Astrohawke wrote:
Has anyone tried a low life version of this? I did this build as a league starter this league and mapping got really painful so I rerolled. Now that I've got a bit of currency, I want to invest a bit more into it and make it my boss killer for the endgame atziri and guardian grinds.

I'm using low life because I already had a shavs to begin with using other builds. Check my character AssortedMaggots. Downed guardians, uber atziri, and shaper using that gear.

I'm also single wielding consuming dark and using a shield. (kinda need it cuz shavs has low es)

11.3k ES, aura: anger, arctic armor, temp chains and enfeeble blasphemy, and discipline. Plus pain attunement - the conventional reason for going low life.

However, you are missing on 15% conversion from mantle and another 30% conversion with dual wielding consuming dark. In an effort to counter this, I use added chaos gem instead of controlled destruction - get more chaos damage (a little less overall tooltip dps). The added chaos gem is a good alternative gem if you are 30% conversion to chaos and not 45 or 60 or 75 as in the original build.

So all in all, I believe my tooltip dps is somewhat bit lower than the original legasi build. I think about 4.07k tooltip hideout (with conc effect). Ele reflect is not issue. (Max damages: 1481 fire, 3415 chaos)

Buffed tooltip dps is around 7.1k (Max damages: 2212 fire, 6360 chaos).

Tree has to be changed - need some reduced mana reserved, need some aura effectiveness. Need pain attunement, arcane vision. Need more chaos damage on tree. Sacrificed good passives from original tree. Also got more jewel sockets for more chaos damage and to cap resistances.

All in all, gear wise, about three times more expensive (need presence of chayula as well), and performs worse offensively comparing to legasi's stat screenshot.

Defensively though, somewhat better cuz of aura curses and arctic armour. But I think my ES could go up by 2k if I switched to CI.

That's why I believe you don't need low life. With the fund to buy shavs, get a good clear speed build and use this build for boss killing if you want.
Last edited by hyukin on Apr 4, 2017, 3:40:44 PM
oops double posted sorry
Last edited by hyukin on Apr 4, 2017, 3:19:15 PM
omg i keep double posting instead of editing, so sorry.
Last edited by hyukin on Apr 4, 2017, 3:40:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info