[3.0] Legasi's Masterpiece - Trivialize Bossfights! Shaper Deathless! Boss Guides inside! HC

Absolutely love this build so far, respec'd my now useless SRS witch and boy is this strong. Almost fear the whole chaos convert meta will collapse soon...

Also, sorry if this question was asked before, but how would you rank the quality importance on the gems, since I can't seem to find that in the guide?
Last edited by Ringliiii on Apr 19, 2016, 1:23:18 PM
"
Ringliiii wrote:
Absolutely love this build so far, respec'd my now useless SRS witch and boy is this strong. Almost fear the whole chaos convert meta will collapse soon...

Also, sorry if this question was asked before, but how would you rank the quality importance on the gems, since I can't seem to find that in the guide?

Well at first I was reluctant to even post this build guide because I felt like it would provoke a nerf. Did it anyways. Soon after that even stronger/more abusive chaos builds came out. I was sure that we would get hit with a huge nerf hammer in 2.2. The opposite happened. Okay CD has been changed, but it doesn't make that much of a difference. We'll see what's coming soon. If they nerf it, good. Will still be strong I guess. They can't really nerf the defence of this build, just the offence. If they 'incinerate' the chaos meta, also good. It's time for some meta shift. If nothing happens, also good. Lets us have more fun with this build.

As for the quality priorities, I'd say TC, FS, Enf, WB, FA, Fortify, Inc Dur, rest
My Build Compendium: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1634158
"
Legasi wrote:
"
Ringliiii wrote:

Well at first I was reluctant to even post this build guide because I felt like it would provoke a nerf. Did it anyways. Soon after that even stronger/more abusive chaos builds came out. I was sure that we would get hit with a huge nerf hammer in 2.2. The opposite happened. Okay CD has been changed, but it doesn't make that much of a difference. We'll see what's coming soon. If they nerf it, good. Will still be strong I guess. They can't really nerf the defence of this build, just the offence. If they 'incinerate' the chaos meta, also good. It's time for some meta shift. If nothing happens, also good. Lets us have more fun with this build.

As for the quality priorities, I'd say TC, FS, Enf, WB, FA, Fortify, Inc Dur, rest

The defense of this build really is incredible. I replaced the items per your recommendations and have around 10.5k energy shield. Did normal Aztiri last night without any issues. Gems havent even been fully leveled past 15 yet. Thanks again for the great guide.
Just tried Uber Atziri this morning and failed unfortunately :(

Trash was very easy, no risk at all.

Double Vaal was okay, 1 stupid death.

Trio was a bit harder, two deaths, it's always been a messy fight for me.

Uber Atziri herself was very hard for me, manually dodging all her stuff just went wrong. Seems harder to dodge it on Uber then it is on normal.

Anyway, the build is good, had enough ES (12,5 k) and damage (5,6 k tooltip in ho), but unfortunately im just not very good at the atziri fight. Atm i dont really see a way to improve that aspect. (did many normal practice runs, no problem at all).

Thinking about trying it again with a trapper build (CI chaosstorm trap, so i can use all the same gear and gems), so u spend less time casting and more time to dodge stuff. But need a hope drop first.
Final 2.2 update!

- Added more screenshots for the bragging room
- Updated my tree for the level 96 character
- Added detailed screenshots for the stats section
Well, this build is gonna get gutted in 2.3, I have got two legacy consuming dark in the hopes that they will be turned to 45% instead of 30% if that's how it works, I can't see anyway to convert fully to chaos damage in a fresh league so I guess the build would have to be fundamentally changed.
http://goo.gl/FiZavf

http://www.sshme.eu/ZRiWV
"
zbzszzzt123 wrote:
Well, this build is gonna get gutted in 2.3, I have got two legacy consuming dark in the hopes that they will be turned to 45% instead of 30% if that's how it works, I can't see anyway to convert fully to chaos damage in a fresh league so I guess the build would have to be fundamentally changed.

It might work with vaal pact and elementalist reflect reduction node and just go pure fire, or maybe one consuming dark might still make reflect a non issue. I think overall it would still lose damage but might still work.

Maybe a tree like this one.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAN-w34qCEGt61AfpAo-myL_cjUuuRKtGUhslVa78TNlbLJxtGRFQl_Qi9DW5UlNsC6crl5U9X5MnTLO-in_G74hFftAfoS_K0xGWwcX5Nw5c7-u0DA5I7BjXz2r66rpGcV3yj_osv0mxDXw0CoMJKwrw1dDQFddXyTdmYEMRL0lRX2qGrij6N4Mspm4962NWY4LHuJOm65DWvoC1SB2-HNx2gjOH6-6PGsgMA-6nCDLRtNHYJEVHFr82xVZIwGYPq4t6rfE8BSSLAW8YXZ_f73zDOuL3PO-aO5u1KjiESGjy7TyCm4TFXGvVpuw4w20pT4V7njxmVIx2
Last edited by Orbitalx on Jun 2, 2016, 5:15:43 PM
"
Orbitalx wrote:
"
zbzszzzt123 wrote:

It might work with vaal pact and elementalist reflect reduction node and just go pure fire, or maybe one consuming dark might still make reflect a non issue. I think overall it would still lose damage but might still work.

Yep.

As I said before, they can't nerf this build's tankyness. Depending on what they do to legacy CD I might even swap the (now-definitely-not-worth-the-huge-downside) IM for a high es regalia and spec out of chaos nodes and get either some fire damage or all the remaining es and regen nodes. I'm at 17k es currently with a medicore selfmade regalia. Getting more es nodes should enable getting 18kish es. I'm pretty sure with better gear you can actually get 20k with the build. Nevertheless the weapon of choice is still one CD, no matter if its 30% or 45%. Poison gives still a huge damage boost and we don't need to socked fire pen. The clearspeed will stay low, the bosskill speed/damage will go from ridiculous to good.

The main problem with the conversion nerf is ele ref. Any non legacy VoV owner is pretty much forced into VP now.

I'll definitely stay Occultist with my build. Extra curse and the huge es boost are just too good. Elementalist is an option for new league ZO versions though.

But as of now this is all a just weighting possiblities, I'll have to do some testing after we know how leg CD ends up.

Little personal rant:

I'm totally fine with the chaos meta getting adjusted, including regular/chaos spark, chaotic ice trap etc. It was a well needed meta shift.

HOWEVER I absolutely do not understand why they allowed the KB/LA frostwall cheese and coc discharge to remain untouched. IMO those were at least as stong as chaos conversion double dipping, while the fw thing is pretty much an exploit. And coc has been top tier since... forever. Oh and don't get me started on 'melee'. The 2.4 balance is totally off.

/end rant

Don't worry Legasi, it's only a matter of time before GGG nerfs the crap out of FW LA and CoC etc, imo.

I've been running your build on an Elemental Witch just to try it out.

It worked so well on my Occultist that I thought the new ele ascendancy could be a thing.

She killed Atziri pretty easily at lvl 81 and is now lvl 85. I'm using the right hand side of the Ascendancy skill tree.

It's a bit sad for me to see the CD and especially IM get hit with the nerf stick, it could have been done in a better way than that, imo.

The poor old IM was only 25% after all.

Ah well, it's done now and we have to live with it.

Interesting about your shift to VR armour. I have one ready to go. :)

Hang in there mate. Your build is one of the best.

Well, Elementalist's most interesting nodes are the conflux and prolif ones, which strongly favour slow, big hits. Using those nodes with firestorm does not make any sense at all imo:

Burn: The small burns caused by one meatball are totally insignificant. The only 'viable' way would be wearing emberwake, but we're going into other build's territory here.

Chill: Is already taken care of by AB and AA

Shock: I doubt the small hits deal enough damage to even proc shock against tougher enemies. Anyways, Vessel of Vinktar or Vaal Lightning Trap do the same job more reliably.

On top of all that we cannot use the Elemental Focus Support gem going that route.

This leaves the nodes to be chosen at the golem and reflect one, which are nice. The 3rd would be pedulum, which is um... idk. Nice I guess?

Comparing the value of the taken nodes clearly favours Occultist for me. I agree it might be a nice change of pace though.

If anyone is interested, have a look at my chaosblaster character on my profile (name Asinfero). Makes actual use of conflux and prolif. Quite fun to play. Still viable in 2.3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info