[2.1 Video Guide] Dual Elemental Siege Ballista Build 2x 40k+ DPS [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

NB: I'm sorry for my english :(

Hi SB players, im relatively new to the endgame content, and with this build im tryng to get in. These few question could be a little noobish at most of you, but I'd like to get an answet to clear my doubts.
I was checking some bows to find something interesting for my build when I found these bows... wondering if them could be applyed to our SB build:

quill rain: does the effect (50% less Weapon Damage) take place on the SB too?

voltaxic: it makes sense for a non-chaos constructed SB build to use this bow?

chin sol: the effect "100% More Bow Damage at Close Range" stack with SB too?

Again, do you switch aura skill button with active skill when you play? IE: starting a map I cast anger, wrath and AArmour, then i switch these buttons into Vaal Haste, Rallyng cry and some other one? Or do exists some macro that does the work for me? Since I dont like to put a skill on my mouse's left button (everytime I misclick mobs and I run into the crowd... -.-)

This is my equip, what piece is the first that will be changed?

Last edited by Marcum on Jan 2, 2016, 2:27:07 PM
Aplanex could you post your skilltree?
"
aplanerx wrote:
thx for the build my dps is 52k with the rain of the splinters andd without the frenzy:)

i am lvl 87

That is a great achievement, good job man!
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
i have gone the Chaos/lightning route because of Voltaxic rift. i am doing party tier 12s at lvl 80 without dying and clearing very quickly without having to do much kiting. i have also incorporated Wither linked to Rapid Decay and Faster casting. i have an Elreon Paua amulet that makes wither cost 2 mana. main skill is Siege Ballista linked with Void Manipulation, Faster Attacks, Poison, Added Lightning damage, and WED. if i encounter a difficult boss, i will set the ballistae off to the side and cast wither onto the boss, melting it where it stands. i am also using Rain of Splinters. i would link my gear, but i don't know how.
here is my skill tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAF4DlgagCC4IZw-rEMwWbxa_Fy8YPBhWGYoZjho4Go8kiyaVJy8qEzKJOtg7KDwtQYdG10rIS1dUR1VLVdZXKVfiWOVZ81orWlJd8l-wYENh4mJaZIRk52ZUZp5uPW6qb55xhXIPcql35Xsge8N82X11gKSCm4MJg1-DzITFjDaQVZM6lG-WdJcGm12btZ7EogCj8qa-qJqsqraGtz67470nvoDA48MTwzrEosT2xq7KStN-2L3fmOFz42rtIO2D8bPyl_ba9zL4k_m9-ej60vsJ_gr-h_66?accountName=Aplanerx&characterName=aplaner

btw i got lucky 6 linked my bow for around 120 fusing.:)
Do you find totemic zeal that helpful? With using 20q gem + placement speed from totemic mastery and near ancestral bond, I find myself dropping totems so quickly that I don't really see how getting another 45% would do any noticable QoL improvement. Small amount of attack speed is nice, however, just not sure if its worth the points.

Maybe I'm wrong tho.

it isn't worth the extra points to get Totemic Zeal imho. it'd be better to get more elemental damage, or in my case, chaos damage, or with the 4 points, pick up the attack speed and projectile damage nodes on the ranger start area. that would be much more efficient ( 16% attack speed vs 12% and added projectile damage.) and you might want to take off the crit chance mod that you crafted on there if you're gonna stick with Resolute Technique. it's 100% wasted.
Last edited by Cornholius79 on Jan 3, 2016, 2:37:22 PM
Totemic Zeal is a viable alternative if you really want it, however I find the skill-points better used on unlocking jewel sockets, more attack speed, elemental damage and life :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Cornholius79 wrote:
it isn't worth the extra points to get Totemic Zeal imho. it'd be better to get more elemental damage, or in my case, chaos damage, or with the 4 points, pick up the attack speed and projectile damage nodes on the ranger start area. that would be much more efficient ( 16% attack speed vs 12% and added projectile damage.) and you might want to take off the crit chance mod that you crafted on there if you're gonna stick with Resolute Technique. it's 100% wasted.

ya i know the crit craft is a wasted..it was there when i brought it.. and thx for the advice about the totemic zeal, my dps has increased 2k by put it on the attack speed nod by the ranger area. 59k dps now without frenzy:) and still upgrade available on my rings.
Last edited by Aplanerx on Jan 3, 2016, 9:57:08 PM
"
Totemic Zeal is a viable alternative if you really want it, however I find the skill-points better used on unlocking jewel sockets, more attack speed, elemental damage and life :)
your right the jewel sockets is really big improvement. totemic zeal is not that good compare it:)and i have notice if i replace the static electricity jewel for other totem damage and bow attack speed jewel there is around 300 more dps. dont know if thats wroth it to drop the lightning damage.
Last edited by Aplanerx on Jan 3, 2016, 10:31:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info