[2.1 Video Guide] Dual Elemental Siege Ballista Build 2x 40k+ DPS [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

Whats a good alternative to the 4l single target gem setup listed in this guide? Since swapping to rain of splinters and dropping gmp the listed single target setup isnt far ahead of my normal pack clearing setup. I got a drillneck finally last night if that matters.
With just using rain of splinters, the damage is high enough to kill anything rather quickly. From my experience, only rares that survive for 5 seconds are puncture fatties from a4 and resistant necro's, everything else melts. The only thing I'd change, and that is only if you are using lmp together with rain of splinters, is to swap lmp for added cold damage on boss fights.

If you are really into getting another link to like instashot bosses, grab vaal burning arrow, trap, gmp, wed. That thing pretty much vaporizes anything and synergizes well enough with the passives from this build.

"
aplanerx wrote:
"
Cornholius79 wrote:
it isn't worth the extra points to get Totemic Zeal imho. it'd be better to get more elemental damage, or in my case, chaos damage, or with the 4 points, pick up the attack speed and projectile damage nodes on the ranger start area. that would be much more efficient ( 16% attack speed vs 12% and added projectile damage.) and you might want to take off the crit chance mod that you crafted on there if you're gonna stick with Resolute Technique. it's 100% wasted.

ya i know the crit craft is a wasted..it was there when i brought it.. and thx for the advice about the totemic zeal, my dps has increased 2k by put it on the attack speed nod by the ranger area. 59k dps now without frenzy:) and still upgrade available on my rings.

it may seem low, but my DPS with a 1-309 Voltaxic with 14% increased attack speed is 23k without charges, and about 29700 with 4 frenzy charges, all of it penetrates except on those resistant to chaos.

that being said, wither amplifies damage per cast. i have it linked to Rapid Decay and Faster casting and i seem to be able to all but bypass the resistance of the chaos damage. casting wither puts me in some sticky situations, but if i am running with someone and put my ballistae right next to the boss and cast wither from behind them (Very important, as they usually stop attacks from even reaching me) their aggro shadow all but eliminates my presence from the boss' aggro window.

i am lvl 83 now, and the only thing that seems to give me any huge issue are maps ( at lvl 12+) with reduced or no regen on life and mana, which can be run, albeit with great duress, a hybrid flask that has staunching and perpetual mods. the other one that affects me, but less so, is vulnerability, poison on hit and enfeeble.
Last edited by Cornholius79 on Jan 4, 2016, 4:38:46 AM
"
Grimlocke_ wrote:
With just using rain of splinters, the damage is high enough to kill anything rather quickly. From my experience, only rares that survive for 5 seconds are puncture fatties from a4 and resistant necro's, everything else melts. The only thing I'd change, and that is only if you are using lmp together with rain of splinters, is to swap lmp for added cold damage on boss fights.

If you are really into getting another link to like instashot bosses, grab vaal burning arrow, trap, gmp, wed. That thing pretty much vaporizes anything and synergizes well enough with the passives from this build.

Just what i was looking for thanks. And no i dont use lmp or gmp now. I got a 35% Rain of splinters for cheap and use added cold. I find that with good totem placement you really dont need lmp/gmp. Someone posted what they do a page or two back if anyone reading this is wondering.

Up to 72 now and build is still going strong. This is one of my favorite builds ive ever done. I just have to fight my urge to reroll another character like i always do.
Last edited by Noburu on Jan 4, 2016, 9:26:14 AM
"
Cornholius79 wrote:
i have gone the Chaos/lightning route because of Voltaxic rift. i am doing party tier 12s at lvl 80 without dying and clearing very quickly without having to do much kiting. i have also incorporated Wither linked to Rapid Decay and Faster casting. i have an Elreon Paua amulet that makes wither cost 2 mana. main skill is Siege Ballista linked with Void Manipulation, Faster Attacks, Poison, Added Lightning damage, and WED. if i encounter a difficult boss, i will set the ballistae off to the side and cast wither onto the boss, melting it where it stands. i am also using Rain of Splinters. i would link my gear, but i don't know how.

To link your gear -> left-click on your picture at the top left of the screen -> hold down the ctl-alt keys and left click on your item or items that you want to link (note that you don't get any indication that it worked but it probably did) -> click on the X in the upper right to exit back - and you're done
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Cornholius79 wrote:
i have gone the Chaos/lightning route because of Voltaxic rift. i am doing party tier 12s at lvl 80 without dying and clearing very quickly without having to do much kiting. i have also incorporated Wither linked to Rapid Decay and Faster casting. i have an Elreon Paua amulet that makes wither cost 2 mana. main skill is Siege Ballista linked with Void Manipulation, Faster Attacks, Poison, Added Lightning damage, and WED. if i encounter a difficult boss, i will set the ballistae off to the side and cast wither onto the boss, melting it where it stands. i am also using Rain of Splinters. i would link my gear, but i don't know how.

To link your gear -> left-click on your picture at the top left of the screen -> hold down the ctl-alt keys and left click on your item or items that you want to link (note that you don't get any indication that it worked but it probably did) -> click on the X in the upper right to exit back - and you're done[/quote]

"
Cornholius79 wrote:
"
Cornholius79 wrote:

To link your gear -> left-click on your picture at the top left of the screen -> hold down the ctl-alt keys and left click on your item or items that you want to link (note that you don't get any indication that it worked but it probably did) -> click on the X in the upper right to exit back - and you're done

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAF4DlgSzCC4IZw3NDkgPqxDME20UCRa_Fy8YPBhWGYoZjho4Go8cziSLJogmlScvKhMrUDIJMok1kjrYOuE7KDwtQYdG10kTTeNUR1VLVdZXKVfiWOVZ81orXfJfsGBDYeJiWmTnZlRmnmxGbj1vnnGFcg9ybHKpd-V7IHzZfXWApIKbgwmDX4PMhMWJ4Iw2kFWTH5M6lG-WdJcGm12btZ7EogCj8qZXpr6sqq-nsUK18raGtzC3PrvjvSe-gMM6xKLE9sauykrMt9N-1XXYvd-Y4XPmWO0g7YPwH_JF8pf22vcy-JP56PrS-wn-Cv5U_of-j_66

this is my plan at lvl 100. this will probably net me 50kdps, plus a lot of DOT.
An option for the build that people might want to consider is the Thunderfist.

Pros: Increase DPS especially for single target. In my example, it went from 20,500 dps to 25,100 dps for single target and 17,000 dps to 18,300 dps for multiple target.

Cons: costs some evasion and some resistances and a few chaos
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Can you run MF with this build?
"
paolov1ph wrote:
Can you run MF with this build?

Yes, albeit more expensive if you want to go all out, because for a difference from general spell totem/ft/shock build, a lot of endgame dps comes from your jewelry (wed, elemental rolls, att speed, etc) and gloves(att speed, ele dmg), so to make it efficient, you will need to get your hands on some nice jewelry and will have to sacrifice some dps if you want to use aurseize, for example.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info