Better than Diablo 3

"
_Linus_ wrote:
"
Godlike2013 wrote:

they will all buy D3 Xpac

No, I absolutely will NOT.

^^ not a chance in hell I am buying D3's expansion. Until they stop being the greedy, make for the masses, dumbed down game company they have become, you wont see me lining up for anything else they are producing...I quit WoW after BC because it was getting dumbed down..waited 10 years and was in the closed beta of D3 begging the devs to reconsider this no customization cartoony graphics Diablo sequel they were making along with many others...and we were ignored. Blizzard could have made a gritty realistic incredible ARPG that built on D2 cornering the market of many mature gamers...but instead they got greedy and wanted to try and please "everyone". I can not wait until the sales comparisons come out when they do release the expansion. On a side note its a good thing Blizzard is doing what they are doing, it leaves the market open for companies like GGG to rise up, problem is...when will GGG become what Blizzard has? I hope never...
Played D3 for over hundrets of houres and the game its still a lot of Fun (only SF and SP, the AH is the biggest fail of the game imo). In the closed beta I also tested PoE. The game was "ok" but for me D3 was much more Fun (after the right patches). The Hack and Slay Flow and the farming is fantastic in D3. Every thing else is just collateral. (I also played D2 a very long time, also only SF and SP. Very good game, for its time)

But now, I tested PoE again, because the postive feedback all over the internet was so massiv (and I like Kripps vids) and I like the idea behind PoE. I also respect that it is a indie game with HC players behind it.

And now, PoE became form "ok" too "very interesting". The game is a lot Fun to play (Hack and Slay Flow is fine now, very good job!) and there is so much in Depth game content(looking very good).
The only thing PoE could fail me right now is the endgame (I know about the "maps" but never played it. Sounds like endgame Fun, but I have to test it to be sure). If the endgame works, damn, then I will also say "PoE better than D3".
If the endgame fails, then PoE still has much potential, but for me D3 will be much better because of the very efficient (Alkaizer) Run Farming (Hack and Slay games for me were always about farming into oblivion)
Combat is simply too boring for a game centered almost completely around that single aspect.
"
TruckFace wrote:
Combat is simply too boring for a game centered almost completely around that single aspect.

Have to agree. Everything else about this game is amazing.... the combat is just boring. I've been playing for quite a while and I just can't force myself to get past lv.50 or so on any character. Hopefully more skill gems and refined animations will fix this.
"
CircaSurvive wrote:
"
TruckFace wrote:

Have to agree. Everything else about this game is amazing.... the combat is just boring. I've been playing for quite a while and I just can't force myself to get past lv.50 or so on any character. Hopefully more skill gems and refined animations will fix this.

Combat is boring as hell in this game...

Also considering you can't melee basically, you play melee like a ranged class... Ground Slam or LS, while kiting.

And the desyncs...
The addon for D3 should include MAJOR changes before I buy it!

Actually I know where to spent my money! :-)

http://s14.directupload.net/images/130216/iwxgvges.jpg
Große deutsche Community mit TS, Forum und Infos gesucht? -> http://www.exiled.eu/
"
StinkFinger wrote:
"
CircaSurvive wrote:
"
TruckFace wrote:

Combat is boring as hell in this game...

Also considering you can't melee basically, you play melee like a ranged class... Ground Slam or LS, while kiting.

And the desyncs...

Maybe I am playing a different game...or part of the game than you two..but I run quite a few maps daily and rarely do I not have an oh sh!t moment against magic and rare mobs in a map...These encounters generally take quick character and skill micro...I am never left saying "Well that was boring"...more like I hate the fact its making my heart pound through my chest at a potential 15% exp loss...I will agree on the desync though...I really hate having retreated against a rare and watching my health disappear when there is nothing on my screen, it is most annoying when it causes a death.
You people have got to be kidding, we play this game for the drops, upgrades and customization of character. Diablo 3 struck out in 2 out of the 3, this game has all the elements without the flashy animations. The depth isn't in the visuals, nor should it be.
after playing D2 for years and being so deeply disappointed at the bordem i encountered in D3, i would have to see some great things in videos of the expansion before i would consider buying it. I like PoE because of the skill choices, the cross-over-class options in the passive tree, the support gems, the fact that the passive tree boosts your character so much better than the passives in D3, the lack of gold and the auction house, and the higher degree of socialization potential for those who like to meet/make in-game friends, and play with others instead of soloing. D3 is much more efficient when you play alone and because of the real-money potential the bots are out of control. No one is actually playing, its all program bots. It may happen here eventually too but for now its nice to have a community to play with rather than having to solo everything. The message boards were a smart idea and the open world global play is pretty cool. I'm just really impressed over all by everything even as a casual player. Lets see what happens when i level out my first character. Can't wait to try another one.
"
neortic wrote:
My greetings to the whole Grinding Gear Team,

I've been Playing PoE since open beta started. This is by far the best RPG of our days. Great ideas, novelties, strategy depth. We will support you continuously to enhance this Great Game.

Let Blizzard fall the mountain. You are at the top now !

Keep up surprising and entertaining us.

GGG is not even close to be to the top lol. The idea of the game is pretty good but the budget just makes it crap. Yea it is beta and probably they will fix everything but as long as the character doesn't move like in D3 or has the potential, customers, and people playing it like D3, this game is far from being good at all.

Since new generation games are the most played right now, and this looks like it had to be released 5 years ago, but still, i can't imagine how someone will beat Blizzard.

PS: You know why there is no new MMO by blizzard (like ''titan'')? Because nobody puts on the market a new game having alrdy an MMO and winning money from that game(means WoW is far from dying), compete in the market of gaming is what matters, i see a bright future for Blizzard.
Wonder HOW GGG is gonna compete. I rather understand their game like a... how's the word like ''let's try to create a game''.
PoE is amazing, far for being good, hopefully on release it changes (really doubt, see the mechanics of the game and movement, poor poor poor, i don't see how they will make the character move like it suppose to be, and desync as well.)

So yea. That's my opinion.
http://www.myit-media.de/the_end.html

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info