2.1 LL Whispering Ice! Up to 10,5k ES, 2.2k Int and nearly 17k Avg.Dmg! NEW THREAD UP!

"
HomeOfTheJedi wrote:
"

You can only summon one golem at a time!

Wow, I can't believe I forgot about that. Thanks for the info!

Anyone think of a better option than Elementalist for a CTF/AOF & CI?

- With Liege of the Primordial you get 40% dmg increase + 20% for flame golem bonus getting doubled.
- Pendulum of Destruction is 100% dmg increase 40% of the time. Can not be counted on as an immediate damage boost, but it is always on.
- Mastermind of Discord gives 20% fire pen if you are moving around with lightning warp.

So with Elementalist you get 20% fire pen, 60% increase dmg, and 100% increased dmg 40% of the time.

Any other class you see that is purely better for damage?

I wrote some thoughts about classes a lil bit up in the thread but here's the quote:

"

The best classes IMO for Icestorm seam like:

The Guardian (for a more defensive playstyle).

The Occultist (for a 2x curse ascenaths + doedres scorn high dmg. combo + some nice ES; My personal favourite!).

The Scion with Berserker (10% MORE dmg. while we take 5% more and free leech) and Pathfinder (For the nice flask charges, dmg. and def. increase during flask effect).
This class combo would also allow us to drop the life leech gem and add another dmg support!

Hope this are enough reasons to you why to go non crit :P

Cheers, Zahkriisos! :)

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Last edited by Zahkriisos1337 on Mar 3, 2016, 8:16:44 PM
Will the savage hit thing work when playing LL or CI? The description clearly states you have to drop a percentage of your life, not ES.
"
djnat wrote:
Will the savage hit thing work when playing LL or CI? The description clearly states you have to drop a percentage of your life, not ES.

Oh thanks for reminding me!
Much appreciated!
At the time I posted this it wasnt clear if this only works with life or also with ES.
Will change that! :)
Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

i compared some classes:

best damage:
scion:
berserker: gives highest damage by far because you have an additional gem slot (no life leech gem needed).
the second ascendency class can either be hierophant for ~200 base es or elementalist for even more damage (5% ele pen + 40 int). however this class seems also quite fragile, because you have nothing that deals with stuns and you take 5% more damage.

second best damage:
elementalist
pendulum of destruction: an ok buff.
mastermind of discord: forces you use lightning or fire spells (depending if you go for Avatar of Fire) every 4s (e.g. lightning warp, flame dash) to get 20% ele pen. very good but you have to cycle spells.
liege of the primordial: if you went for avatar of fire this gives you 70% inc. dmg
or
shaper of desolation: if you do not go for avatar of fire, however you probably can't use elemental focus support gem with it.
personally if you go for damage i would rather take a scion as the elementalist is even more fragile than a scion (berserker + hierophant) but deals less damage.

best defence:
templar guardian:
radiant faith gives you ~300 base es and 2k armor
unwavering faith gives you 6% physical damage reduction.
also you gain 10% increased aura effectiveness for a a bit more es and elemental resists.
bastion of hope gives you a total of 19% chance to block with stun immunity for 4s when you block. the block chance seems a bit low but it can prevent chain blocks.

defence/offence mix:
Occultist:
Wicked Ward: 100 base es
Vile Bastion: great against stun and adds lots of survivability if you have a fast gamestyle. it deals somewhat with stuns (especially the initial stun that can lead to a deadly stunlock) and gives great es regen.
Profane Bloom: basically a 10% more dmg modifier, especially good if you use Asenath's Gentle Touch or a corrupted gloves with a curse on hit.

My personal opinion is either occultist or guardian, because i seldom found this build wanting in terms of damage. the most problematic issues are stuns and burst damage and both classes deal with this issue. I think the elementalist is quite bad compared to the scion if you want to go for damage. one more free link is way better than 20% conditional ele pen.

edit:
avatar of fire allows you to use Izaro's Turmoil (50% increased damage jewel) as well 130% increased damage from the passive tree for only 7 points (including avatar of fire). however we now have even more support gems that grant more damage than the cold to fire support gem. also you cannot use Atziri's Promise for 15% more damage and 0.3% leech.
not going for avatar of fire also allows you to use frost bomb for 20% reduced cold resistance. it would be interesting how curse on hit interacts with frost bomb (does it apply the curse on the explosion or for the pulses)
Last edited by tesb on Mar 4, 2016, 1:33:27 PM
Zahkriisos1337 can we please get a build for your item/gem setup and the ascendant points?
"
tesb wrote:
i compared some classes:

best damage:
scion:
berserker: gives highest damage by far because you have an additional gem slot (no life leech gem needed).
the second ascendency class can either be hierophant for ~200 base es or elementalist for even more damage (5% ele pen + 40 int). however this class seems also quite fragile, because you have nothing that deals with stuns and you take 5% more damage.

second best damage:
elementalist
pendulum of destruction: an ok buff.
mastermind of discord: forces you use lightning or fire spells (depending if you go for Avatar of Fire) every 4s (e.g. lightning warp, flame dash) to get 20% ele pen. very good but you have to cycle spells.
liege of the primordial: if you went for avatar of fire this gives you 70% inc. dmg
or
shaper of desolation: if you do not go for avatar of fire, however you probably can't use elemental focus support gem with it.
personally if you go for damage i would rather take a scion as the elementalist is even more fragile than a scion (berserker + hierophant) but deals less damage.

best defence:
templar guardian:
radiant faith gives you ~300 base es and 2k armor
unwavering faith gives you 6% physical damage reduction.
also you gain 10% increased aura effectiveness for a a bit more es and elemental resists.
bastion of hope gives you a total of 19% chance to block with stun immunity for 4s when you block. the block chance seems a bit low but it can prevent chain blocks.

defence/offence mix:
Occultist:
Wicked Ward: 100 base es
Vile Bastion: great against stun and adds lots of survivability if you have a fast gamestyle. it deals somewhat with stuns (especially the initial stun that can lead to a deadly stunlock) and gives great es regen.
Profane Bloom: basically a 10% more dmg modifier, especially good if you use Asenath's Gentle Touch or a corrupted gloves with a curse on hit.

My personal opinion is either occultist or guardian, because i seldom found this build wanting in terms of damage. the most problematic issues are stuns and burst damage and both classes deal with this issue. I think the elementalist is quite bad compared to the scion if you want to go for damage. one more free link is way better than 20% conditional ele pen.

edit:
avatar of fire allows you to use Izaro's Turmoil (50% increased damage jewel) as well 130% increased damage from the passive tree for only 7 points (including avatar of fire). however we now have even more support gems that grant more damage than the cold to fire support gem. also you cannot use Atziri's Promise for 15% more damage and 0.3% leech.
not going for avatar of fire also allows you to use frost bomb for 20% reduced cold resistance. it would be interesting how curse on hit interacts with frost bomb (does it apply the curse on the explosion or for the pulses)

"
talitradedav wrote:
Zahkriisos1337 can we please get a build for your item/gem setup and the ascendant points?

This are really good points and thoughts you wrote down there!
I will think about em all and might need to do alot of testing...
When exactly I will test this and add the new tree + passives and changed gear to the thread I cant tell yet since it'll require some proper testing plus I'm currently playing the new Perandus League.
I will try my best to update the build piece by piece when I find the time.

Cheers Zahkriisos!

ok i tested the occultist (lvl 92) a bit (spec as described in my above post).

Vile bastion is quite nice, as it regens usually 8% es while and shortly after combat. full es through regen and life leech also means periodic stun immunity. i rarely get stunned while normal mapping. however if i would have to take a pick for the most potent class i would say scion, just because it grants you that extra support gem for the ice storm. to deal with the stuns you would either have to play carefully or get skyforths.

my recommendation:

ascendant: if you plan for a high end character with insane* dmg and you have quite a budget (i.e. skyforths)

guardian: if you play in a party this class gives the best buffs possible and is very tanky on it's own. however the stun immunity mechanic of this class is not as good as the occultists.

occultist: if you don't plan on buying skyforths any time soon and play mostly solo.

the passive tree has not changed that much for this build except that you should take elemental overload as is grants a nice damage bonus every now and then, however it is by no means reliable.

i would not recommend any other ascendancy class at the moment. the elementalist does worse damage than the scion and has less durability than any other class.

*due to the extra support gem the scion can take avatar of fire as well, i.e.
Gems:
icestorm + faster casting + spell echo + controlled destruction + fire pen + cold to fire + elemental focus
Passive:
lvl 90

lvl 100:

this should net you with a 7.5-8k firestorm (no conc, no flasks or any buffs and with very good cast speed) and ~10-11k ES. if you want even more damage switch hierophant for elementalist in the ascendency for the scion.
Last edited by tesb on Mar 5, 2016, 9:48:59 AM
Can we get an updated skill tree for 2.2?
"
Can we get an updated skill tree for 2.2?

I just put the build link into Planner and it works :)

Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAAABAMBARVQpysdFGJa35gdqv5J4YjDOo_66-RfKoRIXGvDbTQKN2Yspg18LJzr7uq6j0ZSKVXgWFqQ1rUENsXYJBpsna7KSm-e5CIpT4w2BAcfAoP3tAxGcaIuLR-VIGwIXfKboSo4Go_22vsJ7DgfGM0WUfsZimZU99enCNDQ7-vQH8HzoqNQQtWmgwmExZu1X7DZE3C7L2-Cm76KytOhL4V7EVA1uR1PTLNLrhsl2VsnqcSi8YrpAt-KES3sGNvnLaixkL6AHNyPGl9qVdaApGTnFy8ksEVHkycOSH_GbRn60hGWwcVHBpcGe9fAZg==
Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info