2.2 Crit Vaal Molten Shell - 1 000 000+ DPS because why not?

"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
JobiEl_Pfiff wrote:
New question: Elementalist or Occulist witch ? (new ascendency class)

Definitely occultist.

Power charge on crit and extra power charge means we can drop assassin's mark for a completely new aura. Maybe something to be tanky. I would think either a purity or arctic armor.

I'm not convinced: Since you have 6 point to invest:

Elementalist:

* Liege of the primordial:
40% increased Damage of each Damage Type for which you have a matching Golem.
Your Elemental Golems are Immune to Elemental Damage.
100% increased effect of bonuses granted by your Elemental Golems

* Pendulum of Destruction:
Every 10 seconds, gain 100% increased elemental damage for 4 seconds

* Paragon of Calamity (scold's hype):
For each element you've been hit by Damage of in the past 4 seconds, 40% increased damage of that element.
For each element you've been hit by Damage of in the past 4 seconds, 8% reduced damage taken of that element.

or if it's not working with scold's: Shaper of desolation for 20% chance to gain elemental conflux (all damage from hits will cause shock (50% increased dmg), freeze and ignite)

+30% increased elemental damage
+4% increased attack and cast speed
+6% to all elemental resistances
+3% chance to freeze, shock and ignite

Occultist:

*Forbidden Power:
10% chance to gain a power charge on critical strike
+1 to maximum Power charge

*Profane Bloom:
Cursed enemies you kill explode dealing 10% of their life as chaos damage
Enemies you curse take 10% increased damage

*Malediction:
Enemies can have 1 additional curse
When you kill an enemy, for each curse on that enemy, gain 4% of non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage for 4 seconds

+24% increased maximum energy shield
+30% curse duration
+20% critical strike chance

Conclusion:

Elementalist: 150% increased dmg + 100% every 10sec = 250% and cast speed + res
Occultist: 1 more power charge + chance to gain them, 1 more curse = 12% extra dmg as chaos + your curse, 20% crit chance

I'm wondering
Last edited by JobiEl_Pfiff on Feb 19, 2016, 8:21:56 AM
Thanks for awesome build. Cloak of flame double mokous seems to work way better than carcass kek because vms procs with whirling blades. Oneshotting everything so limiting factor is whirl speed.
"
JobiEl_Pfiff wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
JobiEl_Pfiff wrote:
New question: Elementalist or Occulist witch ? (new ascendency class)

Definitely occultist.

Power charge on crit and extra power charge means we can drop assassin's mark for a completely new aura. Maybe something to be tanky. I would think either a purity or arctic armor.

I'm not convinced: Since you have 6 point to invest:

Elementalist:

* Liege of the primordial:
40% increased Damage of each Damage Type for which you have a matching Golem.
Your Elemental Golems are Immune to Elemental Damage.
100% increased effect of bonuses granted by your Elemental Golems

* Pendulum of Destruction:
Every 10 seconds, gain 100% increased elemental damage for 4 seconds

* Paragon of Calamity (scold's hype):
For each element you've been hit by Damage of in the past 4 seconds, 40% increased damage of that element.
For each element you've been hit by Damage of in the past 4 seconds, 8% reduced damage taken of that element.

or if it's not working with scold's: Shaper of desolation for 20% chance to gain elemental conflux (all damage from hits will cause shock (50% increased dmg), freeze and ignite)

+30% increased elemental damage
+4% increased attack and cast speed
+6% to all elemental resistances
+3% chance to freeze, shock and ignite

Occultist:

*Forbidden Power:
10% chance to gain a power charge on critical strike
+1 to maximum Power charge

*Profane Bloom:
Cursed enemies you kill explode dealing 10% of their life as chaos damage
Enemies you curse take 10% increased damage

*Malediction:
Enemies can have 1 additional curse
When you kill an enemy, for each curse on that enemy, gain 4% of non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage for 4 seconds

+24% increased maximum energy shield
+30% curse duration
+20% critical strike chance

Conclusion:

Elementalist: 150% increased dmg + 100% every 10sec = 250% and cast speed + res
Occultist: 1 more power charge + chance to gain them, 1 more curse = 12% extra dmg as chaos + your curse, 20% crit chance

I'm wondering

That would make sense if we weren't 1 shotting high tier bosses, but we are. We don't need more damage, we need the power charge gain that frees up 35% mana for something else.

@dada: When you lose the carcass AoE, you find yourself having to clear some monsters that didn't die in packs. Carcass is always the best armor for quality of life. If you don't mind leaving 1 to 3 monsters every pack just to go fast and not wear carcass, go ahead. I mind.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Feb 19, 2016, 10:47:05 PM
"
dadadok wrote:
Thanks for awesome build. Cloak of flame double mokous seems to work way better than carcass kek because vms procs with whirling blades. Oneshotting everything so limiting factor is whirl speed.

Wringling blades can procs vms without mokous idk what ur talking about.
Is this build viable for early season (temp) / only Scold's really required?
"
Kraig wrote:
Is this build viable for early season (temp) / only Scold's really required?

Yea all you need is scold's.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Hey
Thanks for writing up this build, its a lot of fun!

I'm trying to do everything as you wrote in the guide. However since I'm piss poor it takes a lot of time to get all the stuff I need. I'm getting there though :) Today was a giveaway of a 6l carcass jack but I was too slow :(

Questions:

1. Somewhere in this build you are speaking of having 6 end charges. Did you change that in your build? With your belt you have 4, but there is no skill point that you spent on +1 end charge, right?

2. Could you maybe include your jewels in the build? You mentioned in the comments you are using 3 sacrificial harvests, 1 vaal sentencing and 1 rare gem with crit. But crit chance for rare gems is kinda low, is that worth it?
In another comment you said you are using chill of corruption. So I'm really confused now.

Edit:
3. Also, as occultist we can drop assassins mark, right? I'm assuming we then get 4 skill points back because we don't need "whispers of doom". Where would you put those 4 points? I thought about getting one more socket for another vaal sentencing or one endurance charge.
Last edited by SmelterDemon on Feb 27, 2016, 11:04:28 AM
"
SmelterDemon wrote:
Hey
Thanks for writing up this build, its a lot of fun!

I'm trying to do everything as you wrote in the guide. However since I'm piss poor it takes a lot of time to get all the stuff I need. I'm getting there though :) Today was a giveaway of a 6l carcass jack but I was too slow :(

Questions:

1. Somewhere in this build you are speaking of having 6 end charges. Did you change that in your build? With your belt you have 4, but there is no skill point that you spent on +1 end charge, right?

2. Could you maybe include your jewels in the build? You mentioned in the comments you are using 3 sacrificial harvests, 1 vaal sentencing and 1 rare gem with crit. But crit chance for rare gems is kinda low, is that worth it?
In another comment you said you are using chill of corruption. So I'm really confused now.

Edit:
3. Also, as occultist we can drop assassins mark, right? I'm assuming we then get 4 skill points back because we don't need "whispers of doom". Where would you put those 4 points? I thought about getting one more socket for another vaal sentencing or one endurance charge.

1. Never mentioned 6 endurance charges. You should be fine with 4-5 charges because you don't generate them all that fast and the way the build works nothing's ever gonna live longer than how long immortal call lasts.

2. The jewels are in the build. I was using a rare one and I specified why (I needed a resist). Forgot to change it out for the chill of corruption (which you should get) when I got the resist somewhere else.

3. Yes that's correct. As for where I would put the points, I would say life nodes or another jewel socket for a vaal sentencing.
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Feb 27, 2016, 3:03:21 PM
Thanks for the answers. You mentioned 6 end charges here, thats why I asked. But I'm guessing I'm not aiming for that then.

"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
Magzma wrote:
Is the 2 points for the extra Endurance Charge really worth it?

Also is Firewalker worth the -fire resists?

If I was running with someone else who could provide the resists all aura, would taking firewalker be worth it?

Fire walker GIVES you fire resist, it doesn't take it away.

At some point tho, once you have this much DPS you kind of want to make sure you survive. The extra endurance charge is nice for that. I'm sitting at 6 endurance charges most of the time because I switched over to my tanky version lately. I'm gonna update the thread and post that. You could always switch that endurance charge to a power charge if you prefer tho.

Sorry, for some reason I always overlooked the jewels, found them now.
So I must say the build looks rly nice.
That i am actually planing to run my first Char of the new league with it. Just 2 things i want to ask.
1. Will you update the skilltree near the Start of the New league?
2. Since occultist would be the choice would it be a good idea to spend 2 point for the Power Charge and if you Run the dark dagger 2 for the void beacon for the -20% resist

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info