2.2 Crit Vaal Molten Shell - 1 000 000+ DPS because why not?

"
M4xsis wrote:
Hi. Is the Fortify gem with whirling blades mandatory? Because if I didn't use it (Only used whirling blades with faster attacks) I could use that red socket to "load" my other VMS gem.

Fortify gives you an added layer of safety, but frankly exploding a pack before anything gets to attack you does the same thing. Fortify is just in case something goes wrong. If you're willing to sacrifice it in order to get souls for another gem, go ahead.

The only time you should ever need to do that tho is for Atziri, Dominus and Malachai due to their drawn out fights. Anything else can be killed using just 1 gem.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Hi. It is me asking again:D So, I corrupted my 6link Atziri's splendour and quess what? +2 to vaal gems.

So, right now I have wrong colors but if I used someone's LVL 8 Vorici I could get the right colors.

With that +2 I could get 24-25 lvl VMS with Empower and that would give some nice bonus:) But then I would lose Carcass' area damage and AoE. So so, what do you think? :)
Last edited by M4xsis on Jan 26, 2016, 3:31:57 PM
"
M4xsis wrote:
Hi. It is me asking again:D So, I corrupted my 6link Atziri's splendour and quess what? +2 to vaal gems.

So, right now I have wrong colors but if I used someone's LVL 8 Vorici I could get the right colors.

With that +2 I could get 24-25 lvl VMS with Empower and that would give some nice bonus:) But then I would lose Carcass' area damage and AoE. So so, what do you think? :)

I think it's really too bad you didn't get that corruption on your carcass! But if you're willing to sacrifice the AoE, you're gonna get a HUGE damage buff from another 2 levels of VMS. At the higher levels, the damage increases are pretty crazy.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
M4xsis wrote:

I think it's really too bad you didn't get that corruption on your carcass! But if you're willing to sacrifice the AoE, you're gonna get a HUGE damage buff from another 2 levels of VMS. At the higher levels, the damage increases are pretty crazy.

Hi, thanks for your answer:) I was thinking a new idea with that +2 vaal gem splendour. If I used "Divinarius Imperial Skean" I would get 10% aoe which means that I would only lose 10% if I dumb Carcass. That dagger gives a lot of spell damage AND crit chance also so it would be pretty good, right?
I would use that dagger with Consuming Dark and I think it would be a pretty good combination:)

Btw, do you have lvl 8 Vorici?
"
M4xsis wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
M4xsis wrote:

Hi, thanks for your answer:) I was thinking a new idea with that +2 vaal gem splendour. If I used "Divinarius Imperial Skean" I would get 10% aoe which means that I would only lose 10% if I dumb Carcass. That dagger gives a lot of spell damage AND crit chance also so it would be pretty good, right?
I would use that dagger with Consuming Dark and I think it would be a pretty good combination:)

Btw, do you have lvl 8 Vorici?

Yes I do have level 8 Vorici.

Divinarius is always a decent cheap option. You should test with divinarius and with a normal dagger to see if it feels better during gameplay.
Okey thanks. I got the right colors and the +2 Splendour gave me a nice damage boost:)

And I did an other change too. I removed "added cold damage" gem and added "void manipulation" which gives me more chaos damage but reduces elemental damages. But because I am using The Consuming Dark fulltime it is a lot more better if I am right.
Last edited by M4xsis on Jan 29, 2016, 2:45:49 PM
"
M4xsis wrote:
Okey thanks. I got the right colors and the +2 Splendour gave me a nice damage boost:)

And I did an other change too. I removed "added cold damage" gem and added "void manipulation" which gives me more chaos damage but reduces elemental damages. But because I am using The Consuming Dark fulltime it is a lot more better if I am right.

No it's not. You need the added cold for the shatters. And the reduced elemental damage reduces your fire damage before the conversion to chaos.
I think VMS works with spell echo right? So what i will lose on chest for the best output damage bro?

BTW: Nice build!
My IGN: ExaltedPetyrBaelish.
"
lesun02 wrote:
I think VMS works with spell echo right? So what i will lose on chest for the best output damage bro?

BTW: Nice build!

This has been covered multiple times in the thread. In a recent patch, it was stated that echo no longer works with Molten Shell or VMS.

Look at my video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDf2pAWAe9E

No echo.
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Feb 4, 2016, 10:01:26 AM
Bump ! People deserve this build!
My IGN: ExaltedPetyrBaelish.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info