[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

@ignatich

Edited the calc again, now with Boss DPS (0.6 curse effect) and Resist dps
still editing for EE which ignores the max resists... but doesnt reduce it.

so if a target has 200 resists its capped at 75.

With EE the target takes dmg as it has 25% resists

if i have -100 fire resistance with curses the target still has 100 left and stays at the maximum (25% in this case, 75% without ee).

Kinda brainblowing to calculate shit like that..
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Thanks for all your hard work on this build! It seems without curses we'll be doing ~40k DPS against monsters with 60% fire resistances. Seems like no-curse maps will be this build's weak spot.

I wonder if dropping Ancestral Bond and using only one high-AOE totem with orb of storms and EE is a good option.
Last edited by ignatich on Mar 2, 2016, 7:26:20 AM
What do you guys think about the New Support Gem "Elemental Focus" for this build? Should be a free more modifier.

Edit: Well, should have read the "Changes for 2.2", thanks. :D
Last edited by Kazanian on Mar 2, 2016, 8:12:16 AM
Curse immune maps arent a big problem, fire resist maps neither, or endurance charges.

Low dmg hits when all come together (which i have one time)... that is superrare and would be the same problem on every other build thats elemental/phys based.

We dont use EE because the fire retaliation in the chieftain, it would actually increase the fire resi of the targets ;) on other classes its still a supersolid pick, but this guide focuses on chieftain (which can take a dump on totem resi).

For chieftain i recommend Malachais Artifice, EE lil brother with 30% instead of 50% effect. Slap an icetrap / lightning trap in and done. Requires overcapped resists of course

"
Kazanian wrote:
What do you guys think about the New Support Gem "Elemental Focus" for this build? Should be a free more modifier.

see ... guide (gem section)

and this is why i dont have a faq anymore :P

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 2, 2016, 7:57:18 AM
"
Kazanian wrote:

Did you read the gem section?

Btw: What do you think about playing RF Totems? Seems strong :D
Last edited by iberion_ on Mar 2, 2016, 8:01:07 AM
I figure there's isn't that much difference in game play compared to blade fall?
I'm talking about cast speed (0.8 vs 1.0 RF).
I sometimes got annoyed that it took some time before dmg was dealt.
But speccing cast speed is of course a waste with RF.

Also, does the marauder jewel near endurance charge gain you [(140STR\10) * 3% totem life] or is it less (basically, does butchery node get included?)
"
Milkyslice wrote:
We dont use EE because the fire retaliation in the chieftain, it would actually increase the fire resi of the targets ;) on other classes its still a supersolid pick, but this guide focuses on chieftain (which can take a dump on totem resi).

For chieftain i recommend Malachais Artifice, EE lil brother with 30% instead of 50% effect. Slap an icetrap / lightning trap in and done. Requires overcapped resists of course
Yes, but fire retaliation only procs on retaliation hits. RF itself shouldn't produce hits. If we can use orb of storms it should (needs testing of course) proc EE more often than retaliation hits happens. For that to work we have to drop Ancestral Bond and second totem though. But do we really need it? Second totem doesn't add DPS, it's quality of life thing. To counter quality of life loss one can get easily available skill duration nodes for instance. And if you want all the DPS you can get you can get skill duration nodes to enable less duration gem use. That's 450k DPS with curses...
Last edited by ignatich on Mar 2, 2016, 8:49:15 AM
Two totems = double area = far more clear speed.
"
Two totems = double area = far more clear speed.
Sure can't deny that. But if you happen to own carcass jack may be 1 totem would do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info