[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
Mateq wrote:
What do you think about dropping increased burning damage for the new less duration? http://i.imgur.com/joVIwyE.png?1

Increased burning gives only little above 10% more dmg, the new less duration is 30% at level 20(probably), you could offset the drawback by picking some close +duration nodes in the scion area.

I already suggested that in a previous post, we'll definitely test it to see the overall duration / toughness / dps :)

I might even test culling strike vs inc burning dmg, even though we can't cull ( unless the retaliation attack of the totem CAN CULL ).

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Mar 2, 2016, 5:04:45 AM
"
Mateq wrote:
What do you think about dropping increased burning damage for the new less duration? http://i.imgur.com/joVIwyE.png?1

Increased burning gives only little above 10% more dmg, the new less duration is 30% at level 20(probably), you could offset the drawback by picking some close +duration nodes in the scion area.

Spell Totem duration is 8 seconds.

My tree has 16% totem duration, meaning 9.28 seconds duration.

Less Duration pretty much slashes the duration by half right? Not sure about the numbers.

So the totem will have a duration of around 4.65 seconds.

If that's acceptable to you I think it's certainly an option. But I wouldn't do it.
"
Mateq wrote:

It´s a gem i will try, same color as burning dmg so easy to swap. drop only however and i think not so cheap on day 1-2 just for testing and requires a 6 link ;)
I don´t think its worth 5 points to enable a gem which already has a decent filler. Don´t get me wrong, another more multiplier is always good, but i´m going to pick chieftain with 6.8 sec totems after Rapid Decay and it feels wrong to reduce the duration to <3.5 secs again.

On a Berserker/Elementalist/whatever rf totemer with capped totem ele resists without purity or gem its probably the best choice as a 6th socket. Elemental Fucus, inc aoe and Rapid Decay are just stronger.

On the other side, i´ve played the whole league with low duration totems (due to burning totems ofc) and its most of the time not a problem, 0 manacosts and recasts help there. But i´ve also never needed more damage for packs and we already get a new 49% more multiplier gem :)

There are different opinions about this gem, if you like it more relaxed go for burning damage.
if you´re getting a hard one about ever single additional dps point go for Less Duration.

I will add the gem into the calc for sure.

"

Spell Totem duration is 8 seconds.

My tree has 16% totem duration, meaning 9.28 seconds duration.

Less Duration pretty much slashes the duration by half right? Not sure about the numbers.

So the totem will have a duration of around 4.65 seconds.

If that's acceptable to you I think it's certainly an option. But I wouldn't do it.

15% less duration from rapid decay too, you basically end up with a normal 75% resist rf totem like in 2.1, which is against that what most of us have in mind with the chieftain, but still an option for the rest of us :)

"
Kazanian wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:
Tukohama: Dont use Elemental Equilibrium with this node, it will lower your damage.

Was this tested in Alpha? So when Totem gets hit it proccs player EE and makes mobs fire resistant?

I dont have Alpha access, but totems can afflict EE already.
Tempest Shield is a similar mechanic (dmg on block, not on hit) and can afflict EE too.
It´s almost guaranteed that it will make mobs fireresistant.

I will see it in maps with EE mod, if the retaliation dmg doesn´t procc EE it would be great, but i see no reason why it shouldn´t do it.

Edit: edited a bit in the gem section about less duration
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 2, 2016, 5:24:54 AM
Ah yes forgot about the rapid decay bit.

My main concern is about killing bosses. Summoning totems effectively stuns your character and the more you need to do so the more vulnerable your character is.

I'm not sure if it's worth that increased amount of damage for only a slight bit more damage in the grand scheme of things.
The high duration is a QoL improvement with the Chieftain, if someone doesn´t want it for some damage why not.

I will, after some testing, probably stick to the burning damage gem as a 6th gem just for the smooth duration, more mobility in boss fights etc like you said

Do you plan to add monster resistances in the spreadsheet when calculating final damage? It's especially important to consider when running no-curse maps.
"
ignatich wrote:
Do you plan to add monster resistances in the spreadsheet when calculating final damage? It's especially important to consider when running no-curse maps.

Its not really important in my opinion. I never saw a coc dmg calculator that takes account for enfeeble for excample.

I had it in my old one, but its a big mess with this added and in the end nobody cares about it.

Every build will deal less damage on a resistance (for the specific dmg type), enfeeble or endurance charge map and in the end it doesn´t matter for the theorycraft.

Maybe i add it in the future, but in the end it does only matter if you wanna calculate you dps on every single monster/boss in a specific map :P

Edit:

For curse immune maps just remove the curses in the calc :P

I am still editing the file (malachais artifice!) and maybe monster resists fits in somehow :P

Its a mess with the resistances, especially with EE or Malachais Artifice and boss curse effectiveness on the top.

EE for excample decreases the max resists on top of it <.<
Boss dps (reduced curse effect) should be not a big deal, but boss resists are different on various bosses...

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 2, 2016, 6:11:44 AM
So my totems have 0.95s cast speed, meaning RF activates pretty much a second after i actually place a totem. Looks like this delay can be reduced by increasing cast speed (should not do that, it just means that cast speed for us is not a completely wasted stat) but the difference is marginal.

Reducing total totem duration from 8s to 4s means it is going to be active only 3s. There always be mobs we want to stay the fuck away from, so standing next to porcupines and constantly recasting totems does not sound like a great idea too me. Well, maybe on Uber when totems seems to vanish instantly it is a viable option to increase the damage but i would not do this for maps.
well especially for UBER we need to dodge the shit out of her and the are more durable against spears (bonus armour) and immune to 2 flameblast types (one is lightning, one mixed lightning/fire).

Then it is settled. Considering that it is an option for a sixth link anyway, we are going to have plenty of time to test it all out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info