[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
EKTELESTES wrote:
So, what is our final tree decision?

Jewel heavy and skipping the witch's fire nodes?

Also, would the scion totem nodes worth it for more efficient gameplay?

For 5 points we get:

20 str, 40% inc totem duration, 8% inc totem cast speed + 45% inc placement speed.

no, better take shamanistic fury than totemic zeal

@dkodr

as a scion (like you play) its a good idea if you have the jewels for it to cap resists without the gem.

Chieftain can take a dump on resists tho :P

@guys

if you work with this tree of my lvl 92 character (which will change a bit with 2.2) i could cut the firecluster and go down to ironwood for: stats

If you go for 100-110 points you get the most out of the mid/top area, not the bottom
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 1, 2016, 6:50:43 AM
@Milky

In this tree you have dropped Combat stamina, don't you think it's worth it? I consider those 3 points really important, esp since we go right past them.

edit: You also decided not to choose "elementalist" in the templar's area and go around it? ??

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Mar 1, 2016, 6:58:14 AM
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
@Milky

In this tree you have dropped Combat stamina, don't you think it's worth it? I consider those 3 points really important, esp since we go right past them.

edit: You also decided not to choose "elementalist" in the templar's area and go around it? ??

its a 2.1 tree.

the way around EE was more efficient.

Elementalist are, dmg wise, not good nodes. in 2.2 they work better than the way around EE (which we dont use anymore)

its a templar start. with a marauder start i could have taken combat stamina.

just forget it, its not important anymore. I just wanted to show that the area between marauder and witch is so tightened that its hard to justify points down to ironwood with 100-110 pts

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 1, 2016, 7:04:45 AM
Excellent theorycrafting discussions, guys, very interesting.

Now I am again lost at which tree to take :) But still very hyped about RF totems!

@Milky, is your "2.2 tree" from the first post up to date? I get it is a 100-level tree. Have you guys settled on lvl 90-92 tree yet? With the emphasis on the first build in the league (basically, self-found levelling and cheap progression to mid-level maps).
Last edited by Globby on Mar 1, 2016, 7:20:08 AM
"
Globby wrote:
Excellent theorycrafting discussions, guys, very interesting.

Now I am again lost at which tree to take :) But still very hyped about RF totems!

@Milky, is your "2.2 tree" from the first post up to date? I get it is a 100-level tree. Have you guys settled on lvl 90-92 tree yet? With the emphasis on the first build in the league (basically, self-found levelling and cheap progression to mid-level maps).

i´ve updated the skilltree section and made a new picture with all the nodes that are important, what to skill first (green) and last (red) and what is optional (grey)

The link is for the offline calc, the official page isn´t updated ;)

There should be everything updated except the "myCharacter" section... because i dont have a 2.2 character.

if i forgot something you guys can tell me and i´ll update it.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 1, 2016, 7:24:06 AM
You forgot to color the path to the jewel socket near Blast Radius.

For Leveling: I think Fire Trap would be really nice and I made good experiences with Molten Strike added to that until I got Firestorm.

Advancing fortress new unique claw might be an option, you get extra 15% block, some utility and free fortify to use with whirling blades - best movement skill in game. Its pretty weak option, but so is aoe/aoe dmg one hander, just a thought.
I think the damage will be way bigger than you guys expect, i watched helmannn's stream a couple of times and he is having really easy time killing stuff in Alpha with really bad gear, barely cursing even.
I think passive tree is kinda clear choice, i am very tempted to get uniyelding and thoose 4% life nodes near it for more hp as ill play hardcore. I skipped on the shamanistic fury and heart of flame.
"
Milkyslice wrote:

Many thanks for the updates, you've done so much work for us, much appreciated! :)

One question I have is about movement skills. Is there a room for any of those (looks like all slots are taken already)? Movement skills will be especially useful in Labyrinths.
"
Globby wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:

Many thanks for the updates, you've done so much work for us, much appreciated! :)

One question I have is about movement skills. Is there a room for any of those (looks like all slots are taken already)? Movement skills will be especially useful in Labyrinths.

I used a weapon swap for my movementsetup (fidelitas spike with whirling blades).

You could swap some gems around, Ice spear + leap slam + blood magic/faster attacks for excample or the Immortal call setup could be changed.

"
You forgot to color the path to the jewel socket near Blast Radius.

For Leveling: I think Fire Trap would be really nice and I made good experiences with Molten Strike added to that until I got Firestorm.

ill fix that and add Fire Trap. Worked for me last run too, still not sure if i should start with cleave or groundslam, cleave feels stonger (actually some 1h weapon drop from time to time)

"
molis wrote:

Advancing fortress new unique claw might be an option, you get extra 15% block, some utility and free fortify to use with whirling blades - best movement skill in game. Its pretty weak option, but so is aoe/aoe dmg one hander, just a thought.
I think the damage will be way bigger than you guys expect, i watched helmannn's stream a couple of times and he is having really easy time killing stuff in Alpha with really bad gear, barely cursing even.
I think passive tree is kinda clear choice, i am very tempted to get uniyelding and thoose 4% life nodes near it for more hp as ill play hardcore. I skipped on the shamanistic fury and heart of flame.

Advancing fortress is fine, but i would go for an aoe 1hander which helps while leveling. However its a decent HC option.

Final RF Totem tree for me:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthggFhjJvMWCz38E6V7s4zPF4z2SM9nXz8UIO8OUEfkUWebrj7GrjwtEMwLYYNfg8wrtq9stz6MRmjyQYf-CviT8B-cvvJF2L2iAA0fOuE1kgSzPCimV_6PwGZN4zwFRUef3-98MtHr7qcI2CSPRlZIHRSbofrSEmkYavfXFm9mnhcvFxx4L6yYJKrjanIPWOVk53F5fOU6WDbplG9Z88MTVdZYB1XGZlSfPho4WiuApIPbLdKQVaPyBAcnL0yzl5XQH1JT7-s9X5f0HNyPGprgRZ1TUlH7zRYfGHyDp5ReXdH9

Maximize totem life via jewel nodes, curse effectiveness, 180% life, 5 endurance charges.

I don't think it's possible to improve on this. Very similar to Milky's with some small pathing differences and not going for fire nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info