[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

Guys, if you can use RF totems, they can burn and not degen, then everybody and their mother will play RF TOTEMS.

They also get 50% of our armor + retaliation dmg, LOL.

I still think they will degen but be immune to fire dmg *coming from enemies*, let's wait and see :)

P.S. I have watched the video, I also think they don't regen in it, but I can't be 100% sure.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Feb 28, 2016, 7:16:30 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
Burning dmg or BM. depends on the overall setup. I will test many different setups in the first days, stuff like orb+coh+dualcurse and blasphemy+temp chains + determination and so on. yin that case SB works in a 4l w/o bm and w/o reduced reservation... ill see what works the best for me, but that requires a bit testing.

On a orb setup i wouldnt need bm, without one i would need it.

I think the problem with orb of storms would be that it hits not enough mobs to effectively curse mobs and you can only have 1 out. So depending on the AOE of it you have probably one RF Totem doing damage to monsters without curses. Critting at least every 8s could work, but the curse part seems to be not that nice.

I know it needs to be tried out, but I like the theorycrafting.
"
"
Milkyslice wrote:
Burning dmg or BM. depends on the overall setup. I will test many different setups in the first days, stuff like orb+coh+dualcurse and blasphemy+temp chains + determination and so on. yin that case SB works in a 4l w/o bm and w/o reduced reservation... ill see what works the best for me, but that requires a bit testing.

On a orb setup i wouldnt need bm, without one i would need it.

I think the problem with orb of storms would be that it hits not enough mobs to effectively curse mobs and you can only have 1 out. So depending on the AOE of it you have probably one RF Totem doing damage to monsters without curses. Critting at least every 8s could work, but the curse part seems to be not that nice.

I know it needs to be tried out, but I like the theorycrafting.

It chains to 8 enemies at level 17 i think. Starting at 3 enemies at level 1. Thats not bad and it also cast the beams pretty fast on its own.

The only problem the orb could potentionaly have is u cannot cast it where your mouse cursor points. Instead it place the orb under your position. That could be bug on the alpha tho.
The retaliation is more of a drawback than a benefit, makes Elemental Equilibrium unusable
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Milkyslice wrote:
The retaliation is more of a drawback than a benefit, makes Elemental Equilibrium unusable

Oh, that's true. Well, we'll use Elemental Overload now with ice spear to somehow offset the EE loss.

@ Milky - Check your inbox ;)

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Feb 28, 2016, 7:45:52 AM
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
Guys, that's not the way I understand it.

Immune to fire dmg prolly means if enemies hit it with fire dmg, it doesn't get hurt.

Of course it will degenerate, otherwise it would be too OP. I don't think they would let us have a near invincible totem :P

It is fire damage, following you flawed logic CI would still die to any chaos degen. If they actually somehow make tukohama dont be immune to RF then the node is absolutely useless for anything.
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:

Oh, that's true. Well, we'll use Elemental Overload now with ice spear to somehow offset the EE loss.

@ Milky - Check your inbox ;)

i did, @family event with gf, answer later ;)

ele overload COULd be used in addition to EE on other classes, but that sacrificea a gemslot or manareservation (totemresi)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Feb 28, 2016, 8:12:58 AM
"
molis wrote:
"
EKTELESTES wrote:

Immune to fire dmg prolly means if enemies hit it with fire dmg, it doesn't get hurt.

Of course it will degenerate, otherwise it would be too OP. I don't think they would let us have a near invincible totem :P

It is fire damage, following you flawed logic CI would still die to any chaos degen. If they actually somehow make tukohama dont be immune to RF then the node is absolutely useless for anything.

You got a point there, sir, didn't think of CI. That clears it, I guess and it seems those totems will be OP!

-Mythabril
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
"
molis wrote:
"
EKTELESTES wrote:

You got a point there, sir, didn't think of CI. That clears it, I guess and it seems those totems will be OP!

When i saw that "immune to fire" i instantly thought about RF totems, would be sad if they somehow dont make it happen, would make that node kinda out of place.

Havent seen anyone play RF totems from alpha content yet sadly to confirm for sure though.
Guys, another thing to consider / question.

Rapid decay at level 20 gives us 39% more dmg over time, but also requires 111 dex.

The NEW version of Less Duration (STR GEM) gives us 30% MORE DMG at level 20. Will our RF TOTEMS be affected by "less skill effect duration" ? They shouldn't be affected, right?

If they are not affected, it's interesting and would save us from trying to find that much dex on items, as the less duration gem would buff ALL our dmg, not just the dot.

P.S. If that gem is usable now, we could even remove the increased burning dmg gem and have 2 gems with MORE multipliers, Rapid Decay + Less Duration.

P.S. 2 SPELL TOTEM + RF + CONC EFFECT + ELEMENTAL FOCUS + RAPID DECAY + LESS DURATION = If less duration does indeed work = all MORE Multipliers?

-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Feb 28, 2016, 8:57:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info