[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

I asked LiftingNerdBro on his stream about what he thought regarding the Immune to fire damage and he said and the chat seemed to agree with him that they will be immune to fire damage including the damage casted by atziri therefore making it a very viable spec for uber imo
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
Guys, another thing to consider / question.

Rapid decay at level 20 gives us 39% more dmg over time, but also requires 111 dex.

The NEW version of Less Duration (STR GEM) gives us 30% MORE DMG at level 20. Will our RF TOTEMS be affected by "less skill effect duration" ? They shouldn't be affected, right?

If they are not affected, it's interesting and would save us from trying to find that much dex on items, as the less duration gem would buff ALL our dmg, not just the dot.

1. less duration works with rf totems
2. its weaker than Rapid decay
3. "ALL" our damage is our dot damage. Its the same.

A Less Duration gem reduces the uptime of our totems by almost 50%, that means 4sec totems, which is basically the duration of a rf totem supported with purity of fire.

Its useable, but with a chieftain its a bit... sad to use it (fire immunity and then you cut the duration down to non fire immunity duration).

With other classes it would be better to use but i dont see the free gem socket

Chieftain setup:

RF - spelltotem - elemental focus - inc. aoe - rapid decay - inc burning dmg

you could drop inc burning, might be a possibility, but i dont think its worth it... cause fire immunity

Other Classes setuo

RF - spelltotem - elemental focus - inc. aoe - rapid decay - Totem Resi OR burning dmg IF Purity is used

in this case with a purity of fire its possible to run less duration but its not like the other choice are bad or suboptimal. Its worth a test.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Avmantox wrote:
I asked LiftingNerdBro on his stream about what he thought regarding the Immune to fire damage and he said and the chat seemed to agree with him that they will be immune to fire damage including the damage casted by atziri therefore making it a very viable spec for uber imo

That was my problem with uber on this build, vaal&trio was easy, but the totems got wrecked by flameblasts and spears.

"
EKTELESTES wrote:
Guys, another thing to consider / question.

Rapid decay at level 20 gives us 39% more dmg over time, but also requires 111 dex.

The NEW version of Less Duration (STR GEM) gives us 30% MORE DMG at level 20. Will our RF TOTEMS be affected by "less skill effect duration" ? They shouldn't be affected, right?

If they are not affected, it's interesting and would save us from trying to find that much dex on items, as the less duration gem would buff ALL our dmg, not just the dot.

P.S. If that gem is usable now, we could even remove the increased burning dmg gem and have 2 gems with MORE multipliers, Rapid Decay + Less Duration.

P.S. 2 SPELL TOTEM + RF + CONC EFFECT + ELEMENTAL FOCUS + RAPID DECAY + LESS DURATION = If less duration does indeed work = all MORE Multipliers?

I asked on a few streams and it will REDUCE the uptime of the spell totem. But won't be an issue for the totem so you can recast and it will buff the damage...
Edit: hmmmm

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Feb 28, 2016, 9:03:24 AM
The only downside with the Less Duration is you wouldn't use it on atziri since you will want higher uptime vs the boss of course.
"
Avmantox wrote:
The only downside with the Less Duration is you wouldn't use it on atziri since you will want higher uptime vs the boss of course.

But now the Totems will have fire immunity + 50% of our armor. ( And I guess if we pop a granite, they also get affected by that? )

I was just thinking of all the MORE MULTIS in these gems. Increased burning dmg doesn't have a MORE multi, so it will prolly do a lot less dps.

I mean all these gems have a MORE MULTI:

conc effec - rapid decay - elemental focus -less duration

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Feb 28, 2016, 9:09:20 AM
Hi there, nice build.

Some questions/ideas.
1. Is frenzy chrges adds more multiplayer?
2. If so (even if not) maybe bottom part of tree is a good idea? Endurance and frenzy chrges, some life nodes, 70% dot (Dirty Techniques nodes), IR.
3. Tukohama (Totems are Immune to Fire Damage). Does it means totems dont take any dmg from RF?
yes its a more multiplier and burning dmg not. reduced duration will be a better dmg support than burning dmg.

The big question is: do you want 3-3.5 sec totems again if you can have 6.8sec totems right after you get them immune?
Its not like Burning Dmg is a bad gem... my current opinion is just that reduced duration will ruin the benefit of this class (fire immunity) and i want those long ass lasting totems :)

On the other side, ive played the whole league with short ass duration totems and had no problem with it either.

I already considered the gem, but only as a 6th gem and even then i have to test it, probably wont notice any difference in dps at that point.

@wici

1. yes frenzy does add a more multi, but its hard to get them with this build and was so far not worth the effort.
2. A very long traveling path. The most important thing we can get is increased aoe, thats the witch/templar/scion area. This area is stuffed with sweet nodes for this build and its not worth traveln 10 pts down there.
3. yes that should be the case.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Feb 28, 2016, 9:28:12 AM
Nice one, Milky.

I guess we'll have a lot of testing to do in the near future :)

-Mythabril

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info