[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

How does Elemental Overload work with the build?

Elemental Overload

40% more Elemental Damage if you've Crit in the past 8 seconds
No Critical Strike Multiplier

Does RF crit a lot?
read the "General Information, read first" section and it will answer your question
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Milkyslice wrote:
Ok to uber izaro...

I am playing another totem build this league, but overall its similar from the playstyle.

With any build i choose some different items and/or gems just for the lab, like kicking out Vaal lightning trap.

On my bladefall totemer i use enfeeble + temp chains, full endurance charges all the time, fortify via shield charge and regular defensive flasks, especially stibnite. I place the totems next to izaro like i would on rftotems and my char stays next to those. This results in fewer izaro leaps. Then i run in cycles to avoid his hard hitting abilitys and facetank his autoatks, if he doesnt atk the totems. If i drop low or cannot evade an ability i pop stuff like basalt + granite, not earlier.

For RF totems the playstyle is basically the same, with the UPside of having a highlife decoytotem for a singlesocket.
Place Decoy + rft + sb in a triangle around izaro, pop stibnite (or oos + blind), keep charges up and use shield charge. You can tech out stuff like vaal lightning trap or the golem for that. Use enfeeble over tempchains.
His cursestones render him immune to the curses applied (temp chains, ele weakness, vulnerability) afaik. keep that in mind and drop those curses if you run into that mod. Use aa + flamm + enfeeble instead.

dont use conc effect with rf on him, its a pain in the ass to hit him. If you played against dual daresso, izaro should be a big deal, the mechanics are not that different. Daresso has a high mobility and his lacerate like skill is as deadly as izaros attacks.

RFT is not the cheeziest lab farmer, but also shouldnt have big trouble in it.

Thaanks!
Much appreciated tips. Ill give it a shot soon.
"
read the "General Information, read first" section and it will answer your question

Thanks for answering. I thought I read your guide well and yet it seems there's still much for me to learn.
Today i will start a new RF totem char.

Currently i play my Iron will (gloves) poison bladefall totemer which can also run any mapmod, runs red tier maps only without an issue etc (see signature link).
It plays similar to rf totems with some advantages and disadvantages (resist maps are no issue, phys reflect annoying for excample).

I reroll because i want:

- test some new essence crafts and bases for the build
- a solution to cycle in shield charge, most likely via speccing soveignity to drop some BM gems. I would also consider dropping the golem, can be so annoying recasting that dude.
- toy around with cospris will
- get updated videos from high tier maps
- get an updated char section
- if i have the time (babys on the way) and ressources to run guardians and shaper with it
- to fully update the thread with more than theorycrafting since 2.3 ;)
- i enjoy the playstyle :)
- I have some core items laying around (5l carcass jack and cospris will, 20/20 spelltotem, currency for other rares and uniques for a solid char early on
- maybe ill tray vortex + trap instead of icetrap for the extra utility. dropping cwdt seems reasonable too, it feels a bit overrated for me without constant enduring cry spam like i do it on my BF totemer.
- maybe i even try a different class, i will theorycraft around til i get home ;)

For those who are interested i plan atm:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAB0UeC9YBxhqfOWCxyj65FFN4_JF_gr-jzrhplc1kti9g9tVxjpYC2Hr7j38jM_2SForo_JY5cMTJy8aOJBVj0Y2xdgkna6YrV8_8B8Es6IAxti4RwQHHwIWC71gA9YXjM9nxgS5fnuz2t2boRhWvScYPMhbljJWSCu2-JMQzIxGZ5sI9MBUvOpmVJRvJKo26RZv42pYY6cIcXkXHBJpU1Ka4EWd7-vQH5ErWHdfBAN173yf3zwFakNSU5f0l5VQRxQg7w5Ms3IP-ehBh7c-rj6DXzwtg8xo8q9suJMc3I8aVdaApGTnFy9Z820Z-tJmnsauPCicvj1fwGYAAA==

+ The tree is the same as the regular one with intuitive leap for the scion aoe in the 90s. Soveignity for 7% unreserved mana, maybe ill add the 2% reservation jewel for ~10% free mana if necassary. Picked scion mana and witch life/mana to have a bigger manapool for the utility skills. Calculations tell me that i hit around 1.1k mana, + more with some manarolls on gear. Should be enough for traps, enduring, decoy and a movementskill.

- I plan to use the regular rf setup (rf + totem + aoe + ele focus + rapid decay)

- blasphemy + flammability + enfeeble + temp chains. Alternatively ele weakess, or as a situational 4th selfcurse. Helmet.

- Searing bond + ele focus + rapid decay + blood magic. BM is still needed. Gloves for potential essencecraft.

thats the old stuff, changes are:

+ trap + vortex + enduring cry + Orb of storms.
Or icetrap + enduring + orb + blind.

I think vortex trap is a nice addition to temp chains, does the same as icetrap (ee debuff) + the chill effect. Orb + blind is strong, too. i will test it. Vortex could stay on lvl 1.

- Vaal lightning trap + inc duration + decoy totem. decoy could be swapped with orb, both can potentially benefit from duration in bossfights, but i think lower manacosts on orb are better for packs.

- Shield charge + fortify + faster attacks. extra survivabilty and a movementskill. This would change my jewelstat prioritys into Totemlife > Playerlife > attackspeed/resists if needed.

I really like beserker for the attack/movementspeed, instaheal and more dmg, but it needs 4-5 resistjewels + totemlife. Another drawback is the totem rotation. If i place decoy + rf + sb on lets say izaro and my rf runs out, i have to wait for it to run out or i overwrite another totem.. That issue is smaller on chieftain, which honestly want capped totem resists if possible, too for several mobs and bosses.

I am tempeted to respecc my bft to try it, costs me over 30 regrets tho :p

Last edited by Milkyslice on Sep 16, 2016, 5:08:22 AM
Would cospris make bosses more vulnerable to curses?
I heard you talk about some bosses nerf to curse...was it that they affect them less than packs? And if so, does cospris help with that or irrelevant? I assume the poison on hit wouldnt work either for us?

I feel like so far, casting orb of storm is useless unless on bosses. The packs just melt so fast except the odd yellow here and there but usually throwing on a ice trap solves that problem and even that usually means the creature is more than half dead by the time i ice trap.

So for the most part I just drop nothing but dual rf running around till at boss where i use orb and traps and all totems.

I have yet to test out the decoy totem but im starting to think it would be the missing piece of the puzzle on labs boss and other similar bosses if they stick to it well and if it lasts more than one hit.
because so far everything is a cake walk or even if stuff hit hard i can totem and run out and let stuff die out of the screen safely except the big boss (bosses if there is something other than uber that gives me the same issue)
Last edited by Kezz123 on Sep 16, 2016, 10:38:36 AM
No cospris just ignores hexproof mobs and the mapmod. It is irrelevant for bosses as well as the poison. I just own one with the correct colors, it has the +1 curse and lets me ignore one annoying mapmod. In general doedres ring + carcass is just better in the build, but i will use both... collect some hexproof maps to chain em with cospris + rare ring ;)

The curse changes work like this:

bosses always have -60% curse effectiveness, lets say we have - 100 resists via curses + 40% curse effect.

2.3: -100 - 40 + 60 = -80 resi
2.4: (-100 - 40) / 60% = -54 resi

or without curse effectiveness:

2.3: -100 + 60 = - 40 resi
2.4: -100 / 60% = - 40 resi

So over curse effectiveness is not as good anymore on bosses only. EE is still as strong as before, hell its even more valueable now. For me CE is still worth it since its already on the way, great for packs and still big on bosses.

orb and trap are, for me, most used on strongboxes, bosses and high damage reduction maps (enfeeble, endu charges, fire resi).

I now respecced my berserker to rf totems and i realized that the hotkeybar is too full for decoy totem :/ Not an issue for Labruns since VLT is useless in there.
changed small orders of gems to my last post about it.

Played only one

Edit: Made a Uberlab video on my RFT Berserker, took me a bit to find argus in one area, so skip to the end for fully buffed izaro. Charges + Portals. Underestimated the amount of minions in the portal section where i tested conc effect, was a bad idea to use it there ;) I think conc effect, with that playstyle + carcass, is good enough even on izaro IF he doesnt spam minions via portal.

https://youtu.be/phDV77XrQhc

Last edited by Milkyslice on Sep 16, 2016, 6:22:36 PM
and what with the things on the MF? They are still relevant for this build? I gathered at the MF, and all the things were gone.You can get them back?
"
vitasnsk wrote:
and what with the things on the MF? They are still relevant for this build? I gathered at the MF, and all the things were gone.You can get them back?

what?

build name " Totem Righteous Fire Chief Atz !!MF!! Milky's Dual Righteous Fire Totems " where items and skill tree for MF?
Last edited by vitasnsk on Sep 17, 2016, 5:16:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info