[2.6] Milky's Righteous Fire Totems [cheap, SC/HC, Shaper, UberAtziri]

"
DevOne wrote:
Does Vaal Lightning Trap trigger EE?

And am I right in assuming RF Totem and Searing Bond Totem don't trigger EE?

So it's a win/win for EE?

yes
yes
and yes/yes

;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Thank you for the build :) It's very cheap and I've got my 36 challenges with it :)
Last edited by Deglan on Mar 22, 2016, 8:35:53 AM
"
michal1410 wrote:
Thanks for the build having fun with it. Played shockwave totem in talisman league. Working fine on HC atm building map base doing pansy rare tier 9-11 maps :)

How long are your Totems up with less duration + rapid decay?
"
hitreza wrote:

4 sec. actually 3, as totem needs 1 sec to cast rf
and that's quite irritating for most cases, as untouched monsters dont have time to walk into.
i use less duration only for bosses along with conc effect.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Mar 22, 2016, 9:44:10 AM
I picked up the 25% increased skill duration node through the inspired learning jewel. Ups the duration to 5 seconds from 4 which I feel is enough.

Gonna replace the less duration gem for an increased rarity gem now though.
"
hitreza wrote:
"
michal1410 wrote:
Thanks for the build having fun with it. Played shockwave totem in talisman league. Working fine on HC atm building map base doing pansy rare tier 9-11 maps :)

~3.5 sec
Invasion League = mass RIP , QQ , Rage quit ... good job GGG
Last edited by michal1410 on Mar 22, 2016, 9:50:48 AM
Wow..

I was never keen on playing a totem build as it seems very boring but.. After my first build in this league which was Shadow-Reave was a total bust (no eva no life no armour) even though the clear speed was amazing (<3 minutes on map).. I wanted to play something safer and more viable and I've chosen this build. I'm currently at level 67 and its flipping great. No problem with maps whats so ever. The clear speed is quite good I'm planning on getting more move speed which will help greatly.
So yeah great build I will definitely try to play it to like level ~ 95 and see how it goes.

One thing to point one, i think you wasted a passive point on the skill tree.

http://screenshot.sh/oAdIi9DIuv3Ty

I don't think this is needed.

Nice guide and build, thanks!
Last edited by arob389 on Mar 22, 2016, 12:02:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 22, 2016, 1:21:40 PM
I've had lots of success with your build as a first time PoE player, so thank you for your guide. I'm currently lv 80 in PHC.

I'm sorry if these questions have been previously addressed earlier in your guide, but if you can I have some questions:

1. It's getting harder and harder to position my Orb of Storms properly to get my curses going, as mobs are getting more dangerous. Would Ball Lightning be a decent replacement, or should I just continue doing the Orb of Storms + pull back technique?

2. How much armour would you recommend for this build? I'm currently at 70% phys red after Enduring Cry, but it's really hard to find more slots for armour.
"
pirate_yar wrote:
I've had lots of success with your build as a first time PoE player, so thank you for your guide. I'm currently lv 80 in PHC.

I'm sorry if these questions have been previously addressed earlier in your guide, but if you can I have some questions:

1. It's getting harder and harder to position my Orb of Storms properly to get my curses going, as mobs are getting more dangerous. Would Ball Lightning be a decent replacement, or should I just continue doing the Orb of Storms + pull back technique?

2. How much armour would you recommend for this build? I'm currently at 70% phys red after Enduring Cry, but it's really hard to find more slots for armour.

In regards to #1, have you made sure to level your Orb of Storms up to level 17? (it splits off to more enemies, and level 17 is where you'll hit your max splits). Are you using Daresso's Passion (whirling blades with fortify) or are you using the Doryani's Catalyst (Flamedash/lightning warp/leap slam)? I'm personally using Daresso's Passion for whirling blades. So I just whirling blades into a pack, hit my 3 defensive flasks while popping down an orb of storms and a totem and moving to the next pack. Generally you don't need the curses from Orb of Storms on white mobs, so its mainly to proc your EO as you move around clearing things. Blue and Rares will get targeted quickly by the orb of storms as all white mobs burn extremely fast and die.

In regards to #2, I'm using Grace and Determination and I sit around 7200 armor and 6000 evasion. I've also got a Granite Flask, Stibnite Flask, and Basalt flask. When I have all three up and running I don't really even get hit, and when I do its not very hard. (obviously don't stand in powerful boss moves that are easy to avoid and generally oneshot people). I feel very tanky though. I've only done up to T8 maps ATM as all my friends keep dying and I haven't really pushed far without them as I want them to catch back up before I use all my good easy maps and push higher.

BTW, went to check out your character but your characters are private. Not sure if that's on purpose or you just still have it on default. I generally like to look at people's characters when trying to figure things out though. I'm also doing hardcore and cursing with my Orb of Storms if you wanted to see my build at all my profile is public. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/gbjfrtswym/characters (TheBurningTowel)

Stay safe out there exile!
Trying to stay alive in Hardcore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info