[3.0] THEORY Ele Blade Flurry. 6-13 mil VS Shaper, 6667 life

Update on Assassin version of this build: I had to take off Abyssus to kill Minotaur because I rolled Monster Crit chance/Multi on the map, and had to run PCOC in my 6-link as well since he is unwavering, so death's hand would not work. I would say the Assassin 10% chance for power charge on non-crit does not cut it, and I have trouble getting above 3 charges with my low-ish AS (without a Death's Hand or PCOC).

Anyways, my damage was significantly lower than I would have liked, but at least he is not poison immune! (NOT looking forward to Hydra...)

Even so, I am having a blast because I love Reave as a skill, and I would honestly advocate for Assassin over Trickster for the people who want to kill endgame bosses with this build on a budget. This way you do not need Skyforths or a 300+ pdps rare dagger, and can still have amazing single-target damage with just a Bino's + Voidheart.
"
Update on Assassin version of this build: I had to take off Abyssus to kill Minotaur because I rolled Monster Crit chance/Multi on the map, and had to run PCOC in my 6-link as well since he is unwavering, so death's hand would not work. I would say the Assassin 10% chance for power charge on non-crit does not cut it, and I have trouble getting above 3 charges with my low-ish AS (without a Death's Hand or PCOC).

Anyways, my damage was significantly lower than I would have liked, but at least he is not poison immune! (NOT looking forward to Hydra...)

Even so, I am having a blast because I love Reave as a skill, and I would honestly advocate for Assassin over Trickster for the people who want to kill endgame bosses with this build on a budget. This way you do not need Skyforths or a 300+ pdps rare dagger, and can still have amazing single-target damage with just a Bino's + Voidheart.

Hey dude

I'm going to test out using assassin + Voidheart tonight. I will also use a Marlene's Fallacy Lapis Amulet.

I will probably drop down to around 9k es, though I'm thinking i'll reach around 4-5 million dps with 95% crit and around 900-1000% multiplier.

If I can get enough crit chance, then I can use a steel ring instead of a diamond ring.

It's going to take quite a bit of build-altering though I think it will be a fun experiment.

I'm quite excited to try this!
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Ok so I've done a little calculating.

From Assassin Ascendancy, new amulet, Facebreakers, I'll get around 300% more critical strike multiplier.

With the added 3% base crit, I should be able to get 95% crit chance too.

Adding poison and Bleed, I'm thinking I'll reach around 6 million dps fully buffed.

Last edited by hmcg020 on Nov 3, 2016, 11:53:39 PM
Hi there. This looks really cool but do u have a tree for the assassin build to follow and thx for the good guide :)
Keep me updated about your Assassin char! With your gear it sounds like it will have AMAZING single target! Could probably melt guardians in like half a minute :P
"
SirCraccyHit wrote:
Hi there. This looks really cool but do u have a tree for the assassin build to follow and thx for the good guide :)

poeurl.com/PJC - this is mine at level 90.

The tree is very similar to hmcg's Trickster one, however I dropped some crit chance nodes (I get way over crit cap with 6 power charges up anyways), picked up the two extra power charges, and changed the top right part of the tree a little bit. Keep in mind that I am playing with a Bino's + Death's Hand dual wield, so if you are going to go with a shield like a normal person, drop the three dual wield nodes I took and get more ES%/phys dmg/Jewel slot instead.

Some stuff about my Assassin variant-

If you are not rich, then the build will still work just fine, but I would not recommend dual wielding in that case. Use a shield with good ES and maybe some resists and int instead. Wear Rainbowstrides. Run a 5-link with Reave + Melee dmg on full life (use this over melee phys dmg for less mana cost) + PCoC + Conc effect/Inc.Aoe + Multistrike.

If you can put 10ex or so into the build, your DPS will skyrocket, thanks to Death's Hand letting you drop PCoC and giving you perma-unholymight. For jewelry - a well rolled voidheart gives a ton of single target damage for this build, so try to get one with over 80 bleed+poison % if you can. A steel ring with high accuracy for your other ring slot. An amulet with high crit multi + stats + accuracy + flat phys. Craft ES% on both of these.

Get a 6-link vaal regalia and color it 3R-2G-1B if you have a LOT of money to spend on chromes (takes multiple exalts worth of chromes to get this coloring) Run Reave/FastAttacks/Multistrike/MeleePhys/MeleeOnFullLife/AOE.

If you don't have THAT much money, getting 3R-2B-1G with Vorici craft is much cheaper. With this setup, run Reave/Multistrike/MeleePhys/MeleeOnFullLife/AOE/CritMulti. Shouldn't be much damage lost at all, really.

Rest of the gear is basically the same as the main builds', except I now wear a Hubris Circlet instead of my beloved Abyssus so that I can cap resists while wearing damage heavy jewelry, and so that I do not get one-shot by hard endgame bosses, which can be an issue with Abyssus, since my variation of this build only has 9-10k ES.

I can answer any other questions if you would like, but hmcg is your go-to man here, as he has played this build much longer than me, and I assume has assembled his own Assassin build at this point.
Last edited by NoobPlayerHere on Nov 5, 2016, 2:07:51 AM
Two more things -
If you are really really rich and can buy skyforths, get them because they are OP :). You can then go back to wearing a shield since you no longer need the Death's Hand charge generation, and go back to wearing an Abyssus as well since you can manage it defensively at that point.

And secondly, flasks.

Rumi's Concoction and/or a Surgeon's Granite Flask are great defensive options

Atziris Promise and Lion's Roar are good mixes of defense and offense

And if you can spend some exalts to play Flask of Exile, get yourself a Taste of Hate and/or a conversion Vinktars (Vinktar's is a little scary when you aren't PF though, the 4% leech and added dmg is amazing but you are shocked...as long as you don't get oneshot you will be fine though)
Ok. Thx alot ill try make one now :)
Do u kill all 3 bandits x 3
Last edited by SirCraccyHit on Nov 5, 2016, 5:10:05 AM
I'm still playing around with assassin.

There's a significant critical strike boost, however...

I didn't realize that Marylene's amulet has a "less" multiplier instead of a "reduced" chance.

This combined with the fact it has "non critical strikes do 40% damage" means it puts me down a huge amount. I would need around 10 - 11 power charges for it to be worth it.

As it stands now, facing guardians is much slower. My dps, leech and energy shield are all lower, though I haven't tried shaper yet. I've spent 20 ex trying to make this assassin work and now i'm broke until I can sell some starforges haha!

I'll hopefully have an update tonight.

Here's what I'm using:
Last edited by hmcg020 on Nov 5, 2016, 8:33:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info