[3.0] THEORY Ele Blade Flurry. 6-13 mil VS Shaper, 6667 life

[/quote]

Yeah reave is amazing on certain maps where its easier to sustain the 8 stack ;p As for energy From within - i do have it already :)

There is no need for donating me anything :) im slowly getting there ;p i will get the ToH soon :)

Its good to know that there is no need to be overcapped :)

And thanks for the playlist, will try it out today ;p

EDIT:

So i should change my cast when damage taken with immortal call for power charge on crit with vengence, riposte and reckoning?[/quote]

Take out Ancestral Warcheif and whatever second link is in with fortify (flciker strike if we're running reave). Swap these out for riposte and power charge on crit. You will need to re-organise your links to accommodate it. It will mean losing flicker strike when roaming, and we can't use warchief totem.

You could take out tempest shield but dont touch the immortal call set up more than tempest shield.

Hope this helps
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Probably the most enjoyable build I have played in a while, thanks for the guide man. Changed few things here and there to avoid abyssus. Havent tried shaper yet, but uber and guardians are a breeze.
Spoiler
"
Ioite wrote:
Probably the most enjoyable build I have played in a while, thanks for the guide man. Changed few things here and there to avoid abyssus. Havent tried shaper yet, but uber and guardians are a breeze.
Spoiler

Hey!

Thanks for the feedback. I see that you've changed it quite a bit which is cool. Probably has a bit more defensive ability with more es and taking 40% less physical damage.

Does voidheart give much of a damage boost with vulnerability?
"
hmcg020 wrote:
"
Ioite wrote:
Spoiler

Hey!

Thanks for the feedback. I see that you've changed it quite a bit which is cool. Probably has a bit more defensive ability with more es and taking 40% less physical damage.

Es is about the same, 12k since i went for assassin to compensate damage loss, but not taking 40% more physical is nice.

With scaling from tree/vulnerability and ascendancy poison is 56% of total phys + chaos. Bleed is 152% while standing still and 912% of phys per second if target moves. Slamming concentrated effect in gives another massive multiplier to both. Nonlegacy voidheart is not reliable enough by itself imo but nice quality of life, helps to poison bleed immune guardian and makes poison nearly 100% chance to apply in other scenarios. Idk if its worth over something like steel ring with good wed, accuracy and flat.
Last edited by Ioite on Oct 30, 2016, 9:36:26 AM
"
Ioite wrote:
"
hmcg020 wrote:
"
Ioite wrote:
Spoiler

Hey!

Es is about the same, 12k since i went for assassin to compensate damage loss, but not taking 40% more physical is nice.

With scaling from tree/vulnerability and ascendancy poison is 56% of total phys + chaos. Bleed is 152% while standing still and 912% of phys per second if target moves. Slamming concentrated effect in gives another massive multiplier to both. Nonlegacy voidheart is not reliable enough by itself imo but nice quality of life, helps to poison bleed immune guardian and makes poison nearly 100% chance to apply in other scenarios. Idk if its worth over something like steel ring with good wed, accuracy and flat.

I'm going to buy a legacy voidheart and give it a go vs shaper. I also want to try out shield charge in place of whirling blades.

I like shield charge and I dont know why ive never used it. It seems to be around the same speed for me, though it will do more damage, proc fortify more reliably and give me more distance control.

Void should give more dps, though I will need to either drop my phoenix grip ring, or change both rings and my amulet to make up for the fire res, leech and strength requirements.

Cheers for the ideas
Very fun looking build! Currently respecing my league starter Assassin so that I can try this out, cause I really can't be assed to level a trickster to 90+ at this point.

What do you think about the switch to Assassin from Trickster? Should still be quite doable right?

Downsides- Have to run bloodrage, no manafree movement skills. I also lose on a lot of nice dodge and general defensive utility.

Upsides- I get some very very powerful crit/DoT ability in return, so my overall DPS should be better. I also won't have to save up for Skyforths, which is a huge plus since I am on essence league and very slow at making money.

I plan to dual wield a high base crit dagger (letting me drop a bunch of crit chance nodes on the tree since I will be near crit cap with 6 power charges up anyways) and a death's hand for unholy might buff

I lose a lot of defensive power because of this though, so I will have to put 5-10 nodes into filling out all of the extra energy shield I can on the tree, as well changing up the auras from your build to run Warlord + Discipline + AA instead.
Last edited by NoobPlayerHere on Oct 31, 2016, 3:12:23 PM
"
Very fun looking build! Currently respecing my league starter Assassin so that I can try this out, cause I really can't be assed to level a trickster to 90+ at this point.

What do you think about the switch to Assassin from Trickster? Should still be quite doable right?

Downsides- Have to run bloodrage, no manafree movement skills. I also lose on a lot of nice dodge and general defensive utility.

Upsides- I get some very very powerful crit/DoT ability in return, so my overall DPS should be better. I also won't have to save up for Skyforths, which is a huge plus since I am on essence league and very slow at making money.

I plan to dual wield a high base crit dagger (letting me drop a bunch of crit chance nodes on the tree since I will be near crit cap with 6 power charges up anyways) and a death's hand for unholy might buff

I lose a lot of defensive power because of this though, so I will have to put 5-10 nodes into filling out all of the extra energy shield I can on the tree, as well changing up the auras from your build to run Warlord + Discipline + AA instead.

Hey mate

Assassin is perfectly doable and would make using something like Voidheart way more amazing.

I would fully recommend using a shield though. You can reach 95% crit chance quite easily as an Assassin, though even getting around 90% is enough. The reduced ES total is huge though we would also lose a chunk of block ability in favor of 30% more damage. I wouldn't do it.

Arctic armor could be good, though we would need to become amazing at holding shift all the time. AA only works properly when we're standing still and if you pay attention to our character when using reave with COnc effect, he takes lots of baby steps moving closer to the enemy while attacking. This would negate the defensive buff, unless we ensure we're in attacking range and constantly hold shift. Something to consider.

Running blood rage isn't actually that bad. If you can spec into Zealot's oath it's nowhere near as much of a concern as we're not using skyforth's. Mana issues will be annoying if we try run the same aura set up as me. 82 mana with little regen is not enough for rapid movement skills. You'll need huge movement speed.

Although I don't really pay attention to the evasion that much, 20% more chance to avoid damage, flat 5% chance to dodge attacks and spells is pretty decent.

The main thing we're losing out on is the balancing of this build.
- 2-5k Higher ES
- Faster ES regen
- Faster movement speed
- Decent dodge ability
- free frenzy charges with +1 to max
- free movement skills
- 56% increased attack speed (36 if ES hasn't started regen within last 4 seconds)

What we would gain
- Much higher chance to crit
- 100% more DoT
- power charges without skyforth's
- 20% extra damage as chaos vs bleeding enemies
- 30% extra damage as chaos if we go 2 handed (this is where we would probably have around 5k less ES)

Try it though I urge you to drop abyssus. Taking a minimum of 40% extra damage from all sources of physical damage, is a pretty big drawback. There's many other good helms out there.
"
Hey mate

Assassin is perfectly doable and would make using something like Voidheart way more amazing.

I would fully recommend using a shield though. You can reach 95% crit chance quite easily as an Assassin, though even getting around 90% is enough. The reduced ES total is huge though we would also lose a chunk of block ability in favor of 30% more damage. I wouldn't do it.

Arctic armor could be good, though we would need to become amazing at holding shift all the time. AA only works properly when we're standing still and if you pay attention to our character when using reave with COnc effect, he takes lots of baby steps moving closer to the enemy while attacking. This would negate the defensive buff, unless we ensure we're in attacking range and constantly hold shift. Something to consider.

Running blood rage isn't actually that bad. If you can spec into Zealot's oath it's nowhere near as much of a concern as we're not using skyforth's. Mana issues will be annoying if we try run the same aura set up as me. 82 mana with little regen is not enough for rapid movement skills. You'll need huge movement speed.

Although I don't really pay attention to the evasion that much, 20% more chance to avoid damage, flat 5% chance to dodge attacks and spells is pretty decent.

The main thing we're losing out on is the balancing of this build.
- 2-5k Higher ES
- Faster ES regen
- Faster movement speed
- Decent dodge ability
- free frenzy charges with +1 to max
- free movement skills
- 56% increased attack speed (36 if ES hasn't started regen within last 4 seconds)

What we would gain
- Much higher chance to crit
- 100% more DoT
- power charges without skyforth's
- 20% extra damage as chaos vs bleeding enemies
- 30% extra damage as chaos if we go 2 handed (this is where we would probably have around 5k less ES)

Try it though I urge you to drop abyssus. Taking a minimum of 40% extra damage from all sources of physical damage, is a pretty big drawback. There's many other good helms out there.

I have just about fully respeced at this point, and I am taking your advice on the shield and voidheart for sure. I was using Death's Hand before and while it is an AMAZING damage boost (probably ~60% more damage because I also do not have to run PCOC in my 6-link then), the defense just wasn't at all what it needed to be for me to tackle endgame content. Though I think you personally could switch out your shield with Death's Hand against easier modded maps and lighter hitting bosses, being a Trickster and having such good ES gear. The added damage and clear speed is nice.

I have been testing high tier fully rolled maps with Abyssus on, and it's okay for the most part, unless I roll some ridiculous extra monster damage combo on a red map. It's not too bad overall, and the damage increase is of course great, so I really don't want to have to take it off.

I got as much int/ES on my shield/chest as I could afford, and am sitting at ~9.5k ES at the moment. Should be able to get ~10.5k with some levels and %ES mods on all of my jewelry.

I tried running Blood Rage without ZO and it's pretty darn unpleasant, especially in boss fights where I need to dodge for several seconds and cannot leech. And I am not sure if taking out 8 passive points from my tree in order to get ZO/BR is worth it, so I took it off entirely.

My tooltip DPS fully buffed without flasks is at ~200k at the moment, ~350k buffed + flasks, but factoring in poison/bleed I think it is at least 1 million fully buffed, probably more. I made my characters public so maybe you could take a look and see if I'm doing everything right so far?

Anyways, thank you very much for the build and advice!
Last edited by NoobPlayerHere on Oct 31, 2016, 10:57:26 PM
So today i tired Shaper twice and my conclusion is as follows - without sick items like skyforth, +300 pdps dagger etc its unfortunately not doable. I am getting reck by adds every time - the build doesnt have enough dps and survivability (at least on a "budget" if one can call 15 ex build a "budget" one;p) to kill most of them before shapers reappears.

Shaper's mechanics are super easy to avoid and i can leech through his melee hits but thats about it. I just cant kill the adds fast enough, im not saying i have to save zana from dying or kill them all before shaper reapperas, but come on, if there is like 20 adds chasing my around after the portal phase and 3/4 of the room is covered in those puddles, i think its indication that dps is missing indeed ;p Before portal appears my dps uptime on the shaper is rather good, there are couple of seconds (maybe like 3-5? sec) when i dont hit him when i go to position the ball that creates a puddles in a good spot), and it seems to be overall ok. Then the portal phase come and i die during it like several times. No face tanking adds is possible as my character is instantly getting reck by stuns and freezes and in a seconds my hp is at 10-20% which forces me to kite them which effectively prevents me from doing enough dmg to kill them. After that its just a matter of time before i die as i cant hit the shaper because there is too much adds chasing me ;p

Maybe in a perfect run i could kill him, but that would just be either too expensive (1 ex per shaper set) or too time consuming (i would have to farm for weeks to get enough sets to kill himxd). I may try one more time cause i have 1 ex left, but i dont have much hope since i dont think there is anything i could do to get through the add phase smoother.

Its a shame because i really wanted to "finish" the game in my first league :< It seems i will have to try next time as its not likely i will magically get 80 exalted orbs out of nowhere ;d and i dont really have the time to level up and gear up another character, especially since the economy has become so stagnate. Still, i think i had an "okish" run as i did kill 4 guardians, its just so frustrating to be so close and yet so far to completing the game ;p

Wanted to thank you one last time, i think i had overall good experience with your build, although i dont think i will be trying it out next league. Partially becaue i want something new, but also i dont think the build is good enough with the ammount of currency that i have invested into it (i think i sunk around 25 ex into it, most of it was consumed by trying to get 5 offcolour on the chest;p). It is a good build, but its just not good enough ;p i suppose i should have pick blade vortex as the rest of the community did for my content-clealer character ;p Anyway, thanks for all the tips and the guide itself, i wish yuo good luck :)
"
Obsyd7 wrote:
So today i tired Shaper twice and my conclusion is as follows - without sick items like skyforth, +300 pdps dagger etc its unfortunately not doable. I am getting reck by adds every time - the build doesnt have enough dps and survivability (at least on a "budget" if one can call 15 ex build a "budget" one;p) to kill most of them before shapers reappears.

Shaper's mechanics are super easy to avoid and i can leech through his melee hits but thats about it. I just cant kill the adds fast enough, im not saying i have to save zana from dying or kill them all before shaper reapperas, but come on, if there is like 20 adds chasing my around after the portal phase and 3/4 of the room is covered in those puddles, i think its indication that dps is missing indeed ;p Before portal appears my dps uptime on the shaper is rather good, there are couple of seconds (maybe like 3-5? sec) when i dont hit him when i go to position the ball that creates a puddles in a good spot), and it seems to be overall ok. Then the portal phase come and i die during it like several times. No face tanking adds is possible as my character is instantly getting reck by stuns and freezes and in a seconds my hp is at 10-20% which forces me to kite them which effectively prevents me from doing enough dmg to kill them. After that its just a matter of time before i die as i cant hit the shaper because there is too much adds chasing me ;p

Maybe in a perfect run i could kill him, but that would just be either too expensive (1 ex per shaper set) or too time consuming (i would have to farm for weeks to get enough sets to kill himxd). I may try one more time cause i have 1 ex left, but i dont have much hope since i dont think there is anything i could do to get through the add phase smoother.

Its a shame because i really wanted to "finish" the game in my first league :< It seems i will have to try next time as its not likely i will magically get 80 exalted orbs out of nowhere ;d and i dont really have the time to level up and gear up another character, especially since the economy has become so stagnate. Still, i think i had an "okish" run as i did kill 4 guardians, its just so frustrating to be so close and yet so far to completing the game ;p

Wanted to thank you one last time, i think i had overall good experience with your build, although i dont think i will be trying it out next league. Partially becaue i want something new, but also i dont think the build is good enough with the ammount of currency that i have invested into it (i think i sunk around 25 ex into it, most of it was consumed by trying to get 5 offcolour on the chest;p). It is a good build, but its just not good enough ;p i suppose i should have pick blade vortex as the rest of the community did for my content-clealer character ;p Anyway, thanks for all the tips and the guide itself, i wish yuo good luck :)

Hey dude

Clearing everything but shaper on your first character, on your first league is pretty good if you ask me. Nothing compares to Blade vortex pathfinder; how it's cheap and can clear end-game content easily purely due to having unlmited flasks.

It's taken me 3 years to get the build this far. I created the lower budget variant to give people an idea of where I was at when I started out. Uber Atziri wasn't even out then. Dominus was new!

If you want to try shaper again, then go for it. Save all of your flasks for add phase, place totem, ensure we're in a good position and go for gold. I try and run to orbs to pop them as soon as I see them. If you killed Chimera adds, i'm certain you can kill the shaper adds.

I appreciate your feedback dude.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info