Donald Trump

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:20:27 PM
Well, the story earlier this year was that forces within the RNC were trying to prevent Trump's nomination as well. Which may be true or not, but if true: it means Trump succeeded in the same situation wherein Bernie failed.

However, I think this more points towards illusion of choice. I doubt this is the first year where big shots in the DNC and RNC showed heavy bias towards a particular candidate, if not outright choosing the presidential nominee themselves. It's naive to assume the type of behavior revealed by the DNC leak is an isolated event, or to assume it's strictly a Democrat problem. Your primary process is being controlled by forces outside of democratic (lowercase) control - certainly if you identify as Democrat, probably still if you identify as Republican.

If your primary vote is irrelevant, why believe your vote in November is any different?

I was very apathetic towards voting this year, but I'm leaning Trump. There's a chance, albeit slim, that he wasn't the party machinery's chosen one, a chance he wasn't hand-picked by our elusive oligarchs. You cannot say that about Clinton.

Still pretty darn apathetic though.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 28, 2016, 12:21:59 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 9:20:37 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I was very apathetic towards voting this year, but I'm leaning Trump. There's a chance, albeit slim, that he wasn't the party machinery's chosen one, a chance he wasn't hand-picked by our elusive oligarchs.
I'll bite.

So Trump gets in power, and establishes a nepotocracy. How exactly is "the system" better off?
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
From FBI report on Clinton's private server:

"
With respect to potential computer intrusion by hostile actors, we did not find direct evidence that Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail domain, in its various configurations since 2009, was successfully hacked. But, given the nature of the system and of the actors potentially involved, we assess that we would be unlikely to see such direct evidence. We do assess that hostile actors gained access to the private commercial e-mail accounts of people with whom Secretary Clinton was in regular contact from her personal account. We also assess that Secretary Clinton’s use of a personal e-mail domain was both known by a large number of people and readily apparent. She also used her personal e-mail extensively while outside the United States, including sending and receiving work-related e-mails in the territory of sophisticated adversaries. Given that combination of factors, we assess it is possible that hostile actors gained access to Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail account.

As much as possible I try to look at the proven facts surrounding politics instead of the speculation, as damn hard as that is in our media environment.

I think all of this home email server stuff distracts from all of Hillary's terrible policies and the real proven corruption that got her the democratic nomination.

That' because it's impossible to find at this point. It's like saying 'well, we couldn't recreate the Big Bang in a laboratory, so it must not have happened'. We don't need to recreate it in a lab for it to be the best explanation we have, and we don't need a smoking gun to know that the Russians, Israelis, and other governments breached Clinton. Comey said that she accessed her unsecured email on her unsecured server from her phone in foreign countries. Done. Over. It was compromised.
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
^how do you think Trump's supreme court nominees will impact the US in the long term?

SC is only reason I'm voting Trump. I believe the constitution is the most perfect document in history of man, to the degree its followed. Trump already said he will nominate constructionists who are CATO/HERITAGE approved instead of people who legislate and dont understand the English language to the bench. aka progressives aka commies.

I don't like Trumps anti islam stance or his bullying but his SC justices won't let him do it either.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 28, 2016, 9:37:28 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Well, the story earlier this year was that forces within the RNC were trying to prevent Trump's nomination as well. Which may be true or not, but if true: it means Trump succeeded in the same situation wherein Bernie failed.

However, I think this more points towards illusion of choice. I doubt this is the first year where big shots in the DNC and RNC showed heavy bias towards a particular candidate, if not outright choosing the presidential nominee themselves. It's naive to assume the type of behavior revealed by the DNC leak is an isolated event, or to assume it's strictly a Democrat problem. Your primary process is being controlled by forces outside of democratic (lowercase) control - certainly if you identify as Democrat, probably still if you identify as Republican.

If your primary vote is irrelevant, why believe your vote in November is any different?

I was very apathetic towards voting this year, but I'm leaning Trump. There's a chance, albeit slim, that he wasn't the party machinery's chosen one, a chance he wasn't hand-picked by our elusive oligarchs. You cannot say that about Clinton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeMGqTwWA6U
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeMGqTwWA6U

Pretty much true, though he didn't mention people don't really vote at the booth but with their money each time they buy something. That's the only voting that really matters.
If Trump becomes president he will literally destroy America... He will make it extremely difficult for any immigrant to be called a "citizen." H1B1 look it up people... America may be considered to have a 3rd world education system but according to our leaders that's okay. We literally make it very alluring for foreigners that are extremely smart to be inticed to work for America. We have the best minds in the world working for us and all are foreigners. Yes Americans the vast majority are uneducated and spend most of their time watching reality shows.

I wonder how many scholars, doctors, engineers or anyone with a doctorate degree is actually voting for trump... None because they're mostly foreigners. When is the last time you've seen an pure bred American Caucasian Doctor at a hospital? I rest my case...

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
solwitch wrote:
I wonder how many scholars, doctors, engineers or anyone with a doctorate degree is actually voting for trump... None because they're mostly foreigners. When is the last time you've seen an pure bred American Caucasian Doctor at a hospital? I rest my case...
http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/distribution-by-race-ethnicity/

Even has a statistic for non-US citizen. 1.9%.

Still resting?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 29, 2016, 3:05:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info