Donald Trump

"
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
and even going as far as making completely erroneous claims comparing global warming skeptics to holocaust deniers.

"Elsewhere around the world, lack of water is a leading cause of death and serious disease."

(https://www.nrdc.org/stories/are-effects-global-warming-really-bad)

That´s why. This is probably going to cause wars and migration that we´ve never seen before. Many people are about to die, ofc not in the rich industrialized countries - including my own - who are responsible.

I wouldn´t use this comparison because it has not happened yet.

There are humanitarian efforts underway that are going around and drilling wells and giving some of these people access to clean drinking water. The problem isn't so much the climate as it is the displayed lack of ability for these people to adapt to their environment. Humans never cease to surprise me. One group can put a man on the moon, while another struggles over simple necessities like drinking water. Yet with just a little bit of ingenuity, they could acquire it. There is a stark contrast between the most advanced, and developed humans and the least. I think that's the issue here. The developed world is literally thousands of years more advanced than some of the undeveloped world. Even the Romans or Greeks, or Egyptians thousands of years ago were more advanced than some groups of humans in 2016. Why is it your countries fault for their lack of development? These people live that way because they choose to. They didn't feel the need to develop technology, learn and advance themselves at the same rates as others have, so they got left in the dust.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jul 4, 2016, 10:30:41 AM
"
"
Bars wrote:
"

"Elsewhere around the world, lack of water is a leading cause of death and serious disease."

(https://www.nrdc.org/stories/are-effects-global-warming-really-bad)

That´s why. This is probably going to cause wars and migration that we´ve never seen before. Many people are about to die, ofc not in the rich industrialized countries - including my own - who are responsible.

Far from 'really bad' then.

That´s too cynical for my taste.

Irony, my friend.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
and even going as far as making completely erroneous claims comparing global warming skeptics to holocaust deniers.

IS. - not will be. I'm not sure if your source forgot the "clean" or "sanitary" in front of the water in the quote, as that is a major factor.

This is a very fixable problem - the technology isn't that expensive.

This little nine year old (Rachel Beckwith)brought clean water to over 30,000 people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC_vXAF-pBM
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Jul 4, 2016, 10:43:11 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
I like Vladimir Putin. I think he's a great leader. Not only that, but he's one of the most, if not the most popular democratically elected leader anywhere in the world. Like over 80% approval among Russians. I think the Russophobia lingering from the cold war era is comical.

The opposition between the US and Russia is lamentable. There was a brief period where there was a legitimate hope that not only would the animosity be a thing of the past, but that Russia would become part of NATO. Yeah, it seems far fetched now, but for a brief period of a couple years it was a possibility.

*sigh*

Man those bad russians they always wait to get invaded such poor sports never attack first
The anti putin propaganda in my country is hilarious
Putin said its a deseaster to think you could solve demographic problems with mass immigrants
...you have to watch it on youtube mainstream media never showed the speech

Cant wait for oil running low there will be a time when oil will be gone and the new stuff hasnt been invented yet and most of us will witness this
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jul 4, 2016, 10:58:08 AM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:

IS. - not will be. I'm not sure if your source forgot the "clean" or "sanitary" in front of the water in the quote, as that is a major factor.

This is a very fixable problem - the technology isn't that expensive.

This little nine year old (Rachel Beckwith)brought clean water to over 30,000 people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC_vXAF-pBM

I´ve heard of that girl (German news magazine), still I guess accessing the enormous ground water reserves in Africa is an interim solution.
"
"
Xavderion wrote:
Anthropomorphic global warming is a meme and many politicians and businesses profit off it.

X-D

May I ask you what you think the definition of anthropomorphism is?

Present your point.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
"
Xavderion wrote:
Anthropomorphic global warming is a meme and many politicians and businesses profit off it.

X-D

May I ask you what you think the definition of anthropomorphism is?

Present your point.

He's going to assert his intellectual dominance by making fun of you for using 'anthropomoprhic' instead of 'anthropogenetic' and I'm going to assert mine by being mildly sarcastic about the whole thing.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 4, 2016, 1:20:11 PM
*Anthropogenic

Am I smart now too?
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
*Anthropogenic

Am I smart now too?

:D

busted! you smart, me stupid
Nah, just pointing out it's the wrong term, that's all (anthropomorphic would mean it resembles a human). I think we all understood what was meant by "anthropomorphic", and I agree that implying the argument is wrong because the term used is the wrong one would be a fallacy.

Back to the topic :
I think we'll basically all have to disagree on whether the issue of global warming is true or not. If you are not willing to take into account the scientific consensus, which is formed through the accumulation of empirical data and the combined reflexion of the scientific community over the years, then there's no amount of proof that could possibly get you to change your opinion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info