Controlled Destruction

Does this works with Heralds?
No. If a Skill cannot Crit innately, it cannot be supported with CD.
I never ever knew that :O. Thought that heralds would not be supported because they don't deal spell damage, are not 'spells' (or at least no spell tag, and only cast), like detonate dead. What does having innate ability to crit mean? (Incinerate has 0% crit chance, does having a listed % mean it can crit?)
Yeah, it needs a listed Crit Chance.
"
biyte wrote:
I never ever knew that :O. Thought that heralds would not be supported because they don't deal spell damage, are not 'spells' (or at least no spell tag, and only cast),

Herald of Ash has it bro! I´ve being thinking about a couple of ways to extract some juice out of it.
I really do love controlled destruction because it makes non.crit based casters finally seriously viable BUT imho it misses its purpose somewhat cuz it is also allmost allways used by crit casters (lol!!!) cuz the downside of it is only 100% "REDUCED" crit chance.
If this would be a 100& LESS downside I would be 100% fine with it or even a "spells can NOT crit".

I think you get my point, also sorry for the poor english.

Trying to satisfy the whole PoE community is like telling a nymphomaniac to only have sex once in a week.

I think that's fairly accurate. :')
Here is my honest opinion about the gem:

Make the reduced critical chance 150% so it atleast reduces crit by 10%.

It's hard to achieve high crit chance with spells and you need to invest a lot to even get more than 40% without power charges. if the gem would reduce 40% to 30% it would be balanced, this way non crit builds cannot benefit from taking a bit of crit to land some from time to time and crit builds using it wont crit as often.

Spells are far from being broken atm, dont destroy the gem just make it so it reduces crit a bit more but not too much.

Destroying this gem would just put it aside, there are already better gems to use in most scenarios...

The gem should be used on non crit and crit depending on the investment you wanna make.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Feb 3, 2016, 9:53:22 AM
I feel this gem completely misses the mark because right now it's still incredible powerful for crit builds. If you are going non-crit then the penalties for using this support gem need to be harsher.

An additive penalty is not enough to justify how powerful this support gem is even for crit builds.

I propose it instead gets a "Less critical chance" multiplicative penalty. I think somewhere around 50% less crit chance would be a good spot to start.

I also wouldn't be opposed to having a critical strike multiplier reduction as well, however I think changing the additive crit chance penalty to a multiplicative "less" chance should be enough.
Last edited by Nicksiren on Feb 19, 2016, 7:13:33 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
No. If a Skill cannot Crit innately, it cannot be supported with CD.

right on for my Q > how on earth does it affect my Immortal Call?!?!

I accidentilly 5L my chest instead of a 2+3L and i feel bad if i had to take it apart again.
i have codt+IC+ID obviously and the supposed 2L should be vaal flame blast + CD

but it seems CD also links to IC (again...wtf???)
Its a codt setup so the mana multiplier isn't an issue but i would like to know how it works with IC or if its just a tooltip bug...

EDIT

Got a mail from GGG that they had looked into it!
It seems CD only effects Immortal Call's mana cost and nothing else
(which doesn't matter on my codt setup)
Exiled for Eternity
Last edited by smartybarty on Apr 2, 2016, 8:43:55 PM
This gem is broken.

I'm using a no-crit romira's banquet cold snap build, WITHOUT resolute technique.

23% increased crit chance from gear
0% increased crit chance from tree
100% REDUCED crit chance from supports (this gem)
0 power charges active

Total: -77% crit chance

Yet cold snap has 5% crit chance. Apparently this gem doesn't reduced below the base crit chance value.

I was planing a build with -2 power charges from jewels and -100% crit chance (vaaling romira's). I didn't know if the bonus of 1 power charge will work like in discharge (it's been specifically noted) or you use the charge before calculating the damage. 3.67% crit vs 1.15% crit... I was ready for the gamble, I know the build MIGHT had flaws from the beginning... but I end up with 5% crit chance.

Well, this league intuitive leaps have a reasonable price, and HoT* hits often enough as to not be a big problem meanwhile... but yet... it's not working as it should.

*No it doesn't it's broken too ¬¬

Not a bug, minimum cap is 5% crit chance unless you take Resolute Technique.
Last edited by Visca on Apr 4, 2016, 6:16:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info