Bladefall

So what does 5% less damage per volley means. When you cast spell there are 5 quick volleys of blades falling, does it means you get less damage per each volley. Like one volley 5% less damage second volley 10% less damage third volley 15% less damage fourth volley 20% less damage fifth volley 25% less damage .
Is the reduced damage considered a more less damage where it divides your total damage or just less damage and is subtracted from your total damage gain.
Last edited by Hukas on Dec 23, 2015, 7:57:31 AM
It still needs to be dex/int gem not dex only.
I LOVE this ability. I leveled my Marauder SloxRF using BladeFall. My gear was Tabula, 2x Spell damage wands, Goldrim and whatever rares would give me the dex / res I needed to play. I took only nodes for my build (with the exception of Dex/Int nodes so I can level gems) and I felt incredibly strong. My 6 link setup was something like

BladeFall
Added Fire Damage
Controlled Destruction
Spell Echo
Blood Magic
Conc Effect / Faster Casting

I can't remember which was my 6th link. I'd have to look at my gems when I get home. Regardless I felt really strong. Admittedly, a 6L will do that but I remember playing with a 3-4 link on another character and I still felt really strong. I have to say this is probably one of the best leveling skills and one of the most enjoyable to use for me. It is way better than the rest of the skills I have tried / used. I really like the idea of strong leveling skills and hope it doesn't get hit with the nerf bat.

What I like most about it is it requires no investment in points to be useful as you level. I couldn't imagine the damage if I invested in spell damage in my tree. All of my points were allocated to health, regen and stats. I had a ton of fun using it. Would definitely recommend anyone who is leveling to use this skill.
The damage effectiveness is way too high for a skill so adept at hitting enemies multiple times.

The Less damage effect to the following waves are also too lenient.
I feel that each wave should deal at least 10% less.

How about this.
Take the damage effectiveness on Bladefall, and take damage effectiveness on Ethereal Knives
Swap them.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
the only thing i could think for bladefall is this

"
I think either removing the shotgunning or a 30-50% damage nerf would be totally reasonable.

1: removing the shotgunning
2: 30-50% damage nerf (early bladefall damage needs to be readjusted)
or
3: 30-50% damage buff but doubles the cast time
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
Man, a spell that's actually not crap self cast and you want it to be brutally nerfed? It's been so long since I've seen so many people actually use self cast spells. 2.1 was the day casters returned.

I no longer see Reave, Crit bow and CoC everywhere. I actually see spell caster builds.
IGN: HowDoIShotBows
Last edited by idiocyincarnate on Jan 8, 2016, 11:25:33 PM
"
Man, a spell that's actually not crap self cast and you want it to be brutally nerfed? It's been so long since I've seen so many people actually use self cast spells. 2.1 was the day casters returned.

I no longer see Reave, Crit bow and CoC everywhere. I actually see spell caster builds.

Enjoy it while it lasts, hah.

Because it wont. Everyone knows how GGG handles these sorts of things.
Yes, totally looking forward to returning to Reave, Crit bow and CoC. Was so much fun the first 2 years, surely it'll be just as fun for 2 more.
IGN: HowDoIShotBows
I have a level 87 bladefall character now doing T8-10 maps. It feels indeed very powerful

Mind i have an iron will build, so it's not a common build

At level 19 my bladefall has 26K dps with 5600 physical damage per volley on top of the 2.5k cold and 1.2k fire

Almost any pack dies after one selfcast with spell echo, rares take 2-3 casts or 4-5 if high hp mobs like golems

on top of that, i have 6900 life and 12k armor, so i'm even very survivable

All of this with 3 supports: Iron will (lvl 30 from Doon) + spell echo + conc effect

With a 5 link i could get to 31-32k DPS easily, but it's fairly useless since 26k is already an overkill

My tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAdwB5wSzCGcNzRQgFE0YPBhWGJEZLho4G_ocziHDJd8nLyftKS4rUC2oMZ41kjboOtg64TwFPQ9Bh0d-SshN41BHValVtVcNV-FYr18_ZU1oZWjyagFuqm87cql2rHfjeA18u331ggeDCYTZhymQVZDWkzqXtJo7ns2f36IApBmmV6cwqW6tja9sr6exkLXytiy3PrfWvJ-9J702voC-p8AawGbBBMS4xPbFis9-0iHVptX42L3ZYdl821ntPO8O73zwH_Gs8kHyRfOb-WX56PxL_gr-VP6P?accountName=Mahesys&characterName=WhirlingHolocaust

Still can't speak for T10+ maps, since i'm getting bored and making another char :)
this skill is so broken, first time I ever made it to lvl 90 was with this skill. With 33.8k dps and poison support on top of that I have only ever had an issue killing malformation piety and that is because my chars complete lack of phys mitigation.

Its one and only downside is it will rek you on a phys reflect map and with good phys mitigation that might not even be an issue. But other than that I can not think of any other downsides.

Need to take that damage effectiveness down from 120 to probably 95 to balance it out a bit.
S L O W E R

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info