Bladefall

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Aug 16, 2023, 12:55:31 AM
My god this skill is BAD.

I was quite excited about Bladefall since it allowed me to do my multi element witch much easier than my current build (Firestorm with added ice-lightning and heralds) but in practice it is even more unreliable that Firestorm (One of the most unreliable spells already).

The area of effect is weird, (flat line like a wall) and it tends to miss a lot, even against static monsters, killing this spell ability to do damage. The heavy mana cost doesn't help too.
Very nice skill, reliable, big aoe, scales realy good with crit, hatred, herald of ash, etc. !
Great skill, seems to not be properly working with echo though
Do the daggers have to hit enemies for them to take damage or is it just a visual effect... because there are lots of gaps in the AoE. Seems like it misses a lot on small enemies.
https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
This skill is amazing and broken as heck. Throw on conc effect, added fire, faster cast/spech and suddenly clearcutting content. The damage this skill does is stupidly high when you get it. I don't know if it will remain so high for later content, though, but it feels overtuned.
Ok so the blades missing stuff seems fixed, Thanks for doing that right away, but now I am noticing that there is a very short maximum cast range on the skill. If you click beyond this, your character doesn't move to cast there or cast at all, shift or not. It like your mouse is broken or you're lagging, since your character just stands there.

1680x1050 resolution. Clicking beyond the red line with bladefall makes your character do nothing.
Spoiler

Comparably, Firestorm and many other skills can cast to the edge of your screen. Why is Bladefall different and does nothing when you overclick the range? I think Bladefall should have a maximum range to prevent abuse/cheating, but it should at least be to the edge of normal screen resolutions, whatever amount of units that turns out to be.

Edit: Just read the patch notes for 2.1.0c. Seems like one of the fixes unintentionally made the range shorter?
"
Fixed a bug where Bladefall would not deal damage when you cast it very far away from your character.

https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
Last edited by Horvath on Dec 13, 2015, 5:02:24 AM
Experiencing the same issue as Horvath, the fact that I can't cast at an area I can see makes the skill really clunky to use at times.

Also was it intentional for Bladefall and Blade Vortex to be straight dex gems? Curently it doesn't really fit into the "ethereal" theme like EK (which is a dex/int gem). Considering most builds will stay within the int parts of the tree getting 150+ dex to use the gem late game will be a hassle.
"
Hojirozame wrote:

Also was it intentional for Bladefall and Blade Vortex to be straight dex gems? Curently it doesn't really fit into the "ethereal" theme like EK (which is a dex/int gem). Considering most builds will stay within the int parts of the tree getting 150+ dex to use the gem late game will be a hassle.

I also think it should be like EK. It should be int/dex green gem. All of the spell damage in the tree is in shadow/witch/templar. Making it dex only doesn't really make sense. It is not even a projectile so you can't go to ranger to increase it's damage. The steep dex requirements will force people to use EK more than this gem even though I like this skill better than EK.
Why Ranger (pure dexterity class) cant get this gem (pure dexterity one) from vendors or as quest reward?
It's stupid to relate ranger with bows only.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info