Never Ending Dungeon

That's just a great idea. -slowclap-
"
nzrock wrote:
"
Rippster wrote:
I believe that Torchlight had one of these and although I didn't really like Torchlight, I thought it was a great idea. The deeper you go, the tougher the mobs and better loot. If you die, your dungeon run ends. You could keep track of who has made it the deepest, kind of like a ladder. This feature would obviously add a lot of replay value too.

This idea might have been brought up already but didn't see it in the search. At any rate, it's probably already been tossed around, perhaps we'll see this feature in the future.

Torchlight took that idea from Fate, which both are created by the same person/company-ish. So imo it's not really something new for me per say(sorry for being a bit off-topic).

But yeah like the other say listen to chris on the podcast and go to the new pyramid area :)

I've been there a few times, what am I missing and what did Chris say? O.o
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
So its like a Gauntlet or Endurance dungeon run?
may be
1 % more xp per level ?
1% more rarity per level ?
2 % more damage and hp from enemy per level

so getting to floor 100 means
monster have 200% more health and damage
while loot and xp is doubled?

and how long would it take for someone to dash a 100 floor dungeon? XD
#1 suggestion
Yes,this would be awesome.I agree balancing would take time,but we're in no hurry.
I love this idea! it would not only be great for getting gear but it would be very fun to fight your way through, especially if you could do it with a group as well. They could make it either a secret place (you have to complete a puzzle to unlock it) or just make it in an area which would suit it, I'm not sure what all the areas are yet (and as far as I know theres some areas nobody but the devs know about yet) but right now from what I know of the areas the prison could be suitable, fighting your way through the prisoners to the depth where the most evil are kept, perhaps even something like diablo 1 where the prison turns into underground where the prisoners have tried to escape.
"
I approve of the idea.

No, I LOVE the idea.

Balancing could be a bitch though, I am curious as to how they are going to pull this off.

all i can say it +1 !!! XD
"
jikavak wrote:
Yes,this would be awesome.I agree balancing would take time,but we're in no hurry.

I'm not sure it would take that much coding though. If you bumped up monsters by let's say .5% each level, along with loot tables, it should be pretty easy to implement. Just a blanket .X% should work fine and create an endless game. I would love to see some of the gear a year down the road and ladders showing how far down people made it. ;)
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info