[2.1] Dbum's Blade Vortex SuperTank [Block, MoM, EB, GR, Cybil's] HC Viable **Video Added**

"
SchwarzStork wrote:
"
PeteBreadman wrote:
How is this build getting its endurance charges?

By using Warlord's Mark.

Is warlords better than enfeeble? I see him using enfeeble + immortal call and was confused on how he's gettings the charges.
"
PeteBreadman wrote:
"
SchwarzStork wrote:
"
PeteBreadman wrote:
How is this build getting its endurance charges?

By using Warlord's Mark.

Is warlords better than enfeeble? I see him using enfeeble + immortal call and was confused on how he's gettings the charges.

I have been swapping back n forth. Both are good I dont know which one I like better yet.

~Dbum~
IGN @Dbum
Hey guys, been testing something really interesting with this build. If I can get some Sacrificial Harvest Jewels I will post a vid of what I've been testing. Still uses the same build for tankieness and same gear (with a couple added pieces).

Just need to get some of those jewels to complete the test. If this goes the way I think it will this will make this build shine!

~Dbum~
IGN @Dbum
Do you think its worth swapping the chaos golem for enduring cry? I've been running EC instead of the golem and it helps so much with the immortal call and dmg reduction (after all each charge is worth 4% phys reduc vs chaos golem single 4%). Also one cry even with a single monster gives a charge so its pretty much 100% uptime with minimal effort plus greater potential reduction on multiple casts. I also kinda wish i took the extra endurance charge too from Oak.

Actually i don't like blood rage so i guess i would swap BR for CG.

After swapping out the golem i've hardly died (except bameth vaal DD heh)
Last edited by fractalsonfire on Jan 2, 2016, 10:56:31 PM
Happy New Year guys !

Atziri down with this build & gear -current level 91 - DEATHLESS

Am so happy , my chalenge is complete :D
Last edited by Sinnerrr on Jan 3, 2016, 2:35:17 AM
"
Do you think its worth swapping the chaos golem for enduring cry? I've been running EC instead of the golem and it helps so much with the immortal call and dmg reduction (after all each charge is worth 4% phys reduc vs chaos golem single 4%). Also one cry even with a single monster gives a charge so its pretty much 100% uptime with minimal effort plus greater potential reduction on multiple casts. I also kinda wish i took the extra endurance charge too from Oak.

Actually i don't like blood rage so i guess i would swap BR for CG.

After swapping out the golem i've hardly died (except bameth vaal DD heh)

Yes swapping chaos golem for enduring cry can be more beneficial for %phys reduction. But I am lazy hah!

If it works for you then good keep it.

"
Sinnerrr wrote:
Happy New Year guys !

Atziri down with this build & gear -current level 91 - DEATHLESS

Am so happy , my chalenge is complete :D

Grats glad you did it!

I havnt gotten around to Atziri because I have been messing around with different things, as well as real life crap coming up.

But I will get around to it eventually, probably should soon and post a vid of it...

And Happy New Year everyone!

~Dbum~
IGN @Dbum
is there anything you cant facetank with this build?
my old aegis cycloner could facetank and afk on almost any boss, so wonder how tanky this is, compared to teh old aegis build(before nerf)

also, why not just use a cyclone build(i know it isnt a spell) but then u can atleast still move around with have the (what i feel as long) ramp up time to get ur dmg going.

i clearly understand that spell dmg build are more budget friendly then others.

also, is there any item/gem setup you would do diffrent if you had anythign avaible you could dream of?
"
Nisseonbeer wrote:
my old aegis cycloner could facetank and afk on almost any boss, so wonder how tanky this is, compared to teh old aegis build(before nerf)

also, why not just use a cyclone build(i know it isnt a spell) but then u can atleast still move around with have the (what i feel as long) ramp up time to get ur dmg going.

i clearly understand that spell dmg build are more budget friendly then others.

also, is there any item/gem setup you would do diffrent if you had anythign avaible you could dream of?

This build tanks 500-800 life per second from Cybil's at critical mass. On top of that you have many layered defenses. Block, evasion, armor/Lightning Coil/Taste of Hate, MoM and a decent health pool. Most hits don't hit you. Those that do don't do much damage, and you rapidly leech it all back.

Ramping up doesn't take long when you have good cast speed.

There's some really cool corrupted gear you can get. My amulet and belt are close to BiS for this build, IMO.

Spoiler

Hey anymore updates on the build? Chugging away quite nicely, I've been double generating charges and wondering what you thought on maybe using Doedre's Damning for an additional curse from Tempest Shield? Would allow you to run power charges and maybe even discharge? or would this just be overkill and take too much away from the build?
"
Nisseonbeer wrote:

I'm level 89 and played the Residence boss the other night while extremely tired. I was hanging out in a stream of his lightning ants and not taking any damage at all. Then I got cocky and took a Light of Divinity to the face while standing in the cold beam from his totems. That killed me real quick.

So if you play incredibly terribly, you can still die. But otherwise, my SRS buddy dies a lot more than me, and I'm usually in the thick of all the garbage on the screen. I definitely die sometimes to massive spikes of damage (looking at you, Lightning Thorns Promenade Map boss) because I'm playing in SC and not as good at the game as I could be. Overall though, it's a fun and effective build.

Also, this was a wonderful suggestion:

"
Syclic wrote:
Instead of the CWDT Ball lightning, you should try using that 3 link for Abyssal Cry + Poison + Void Manipulation for clear speed. The amount of health you're getting back from the ball lightning is fairly inconsequential compared to the number of hits Blade Vortex provides.

I took this a step further and put it on a 4L with Increased AoE. Combined with me picking up a 6L last night (and adding AFD to my BV setup), this has dramatically increased my clear speed.

Edit - here's my gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by CadmiumFlow on Jan 6, 2016, 11:48:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info