[2.4 Trickster] Grocery's Caustic Arrow Trickster Shadow! HC Viable!

what options on the jewels, we need?
Last edited by enliveddm on Mar 28, 2016, 8:50:34 AM
"
enliveddm wrote:
what options on the jewels, we need?

Standard stuff. Life, Proj/Chaos/Area/Damage over time/Damage jewels.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Why did you opt to go pierce even though the cloud dosen't scale off of the pierce as well as dosen't make extras?
Just wondering about glove enchantments. It seems to me like there really isn't a specific good enchant for a CA build. They all seem to scale with spell damage or the physical damage of the weapon, or give you life regen.
"
Why did you opt to go pierce even though the cloud dosen't scale off of the pierce as well as dosen't make extras?

Pierces gives more damage and DNeck does too. It does scale cloud dps. Further, having 100% pierce chance makes it much easier to play. You drop clouds through every pieces mob.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Hey Grocery

I was looking at your build and got really interested, I could use a magic find CA build in softcore perandus atm. The build itself seems really strong, but considering I was going to make this on softcore, I think I can skip a bit of the health.

I made some changes to the skill tree, and it would be awesome with some feedback:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAALDYotnIFPVvaowWvyaVD6u00WHiJIvIDFVLwzp2gongtUjmWOtjkx8RLwMeNj1JEysKH0FVhZ2qXfKly2yMDkhirLcwEZa0xRQJBx7C7BNtlS4FtSpbJojw1Y2_Go2CXo_6SVFRR1smUuxcQDB8N9Q-z3_7h8uNfe0_veanmyP2dZ5NkqOKzxXuDvzF73oNjdN-W6-Hdn11AF4UdeOf_roZjhjbSn274-2DLiN08cSiCC6TmSFgKaWhIrueLIX0-FoaokDDMwHRQzGv69rBjX4uU3Ttt7bTbwUtdct67-pivqdlTb02R35noLCrxIKK8OlGkUeAszy22jv5pHDUAAA=

I took off 37 % life and 1 jewel, being left with 182 % max life, swapped to iron reflexes and added a bit more eva/armour notes.
I also added some dmg (54 % chaos/71 % proj = 125 % in total)
Gonna run grace + clarity and I am going to use lioneye's Vision to get a free lvl 14 pierce(23 % more from 29%), and swap in slower proj for and extra 29 % more modifier(the quality nullifies with the lost quality from pierce).
This should add a major damage increase in theory. But I have never played a CA build before and would love to hear I have missed something vital.

Regards Satura
Last edited by Mathoddie on Mar 31, 2016, 7:09:59 PM
"
Mathoddie wrote:
Hey Grocery

I was looking at your build and got really interested, I could use a magic find CA build in softcore perandus atm. The build itself seems really strong, but considering I was going to make this on softcore, I think I can skip a bit of the health.

I made some changes to the skill tree, and it would be awesome with some feedback:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAALDYotnIFPVvaowWvyaVD6u00WHiJIvIDFVLwzp2gongtUjmWOtjkx8RLwMeNj1JEysKH0FVhZ2qXfKly2yMDkhirLcwEZa0xRQJBx7C7BNtlS4FtSpbJojw1Y2_Go2CXo_6SVFRR1smUuxcQDB8N9Q-z3_7h8uNfe0_veanmyP2dZ5NkqOKzxXuDvzF73oNjdN-W6-Hdn11AF4UdeOf_roZjhjbSn274-2DLiN08cSiCC6TmSFgKaWhIrueLIX0-FoaokDDMwHRQzGv69rBjX4uU3Ttt7bTbwUtdct67-pivqdlTb02R35noLCrxIKK8OlGkUeAszy22jv5pHDUAAA=

I took off 37 % life and 1 jewel, being left with 182 % max life, swapped to iron reflexes and added a bit more eva/armour notes.
I also added some dmg (54 % chaos/71 % proj = 125 % in total)
Gonna run grace + clarity and I am going to use lioneye's Vision to get a free lvl 14 pierce(23 % more from 29%), and swap in slower proj for and extra 29 % more modifier(the quality nullifies with the lost quality from pierce).
This should add a major damage increase in theory. But I have never played a CA build before and would love to hear I have missed something vital.

Regards Satura

It depends what you want. If you are striving for 100, I'd go for higher life. If you want to min/max the dps, go for more damaging nodes. I personally go higher life because my damage is good enough that HP/Survivability is more important to me. Dying at level 95+ is not very fun on HC or SC.

IR won't help vs big hits so be weary of tanking big hits. It honestly should not happen, but remember you won't be dodging as much anymore! Just something to think about. IR is a bit less forgiving on big hits.

The one thing I will say is Method to the Madness is pretty bad. You would be better off not speccing method to the madness and taking more jewel slots. The chaos damage per node, including nodes to travel there, is extremely lack luster and low imo.

7.71% increased chaos damage per node is what Method to the Madness gives. Taking 2 more jewel slots for 6 points will net you more damage if you get a triple dmg roll gem. I don't assume top tier 4 prop gems.

Overall I think you have a workable build. Armor is viable. I prefer Evasion, but it is a preference, not a mandate. The only thing I would absolutely change is Method to the Madness.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
It depends what you want. If you are striving for 100, I'd go for higher life. If you want to min/max the dps, go for more damaging nodes. I personally go higher life because my damage is good enough that HP/Survivability is more important to me. Dying at level 95+ is not very fun on HC or SC.

IR won't help vs big hits so be weary of tanking big hits. It honestly should not happen, but remember you won't be dodging as much anymore! Just something to think about. IR is a bit less forgiving on big hits.

The one thing I will say is Method to the Madness is pretty bad. You would be better off not speccing method to the madness and taking more jewel slots. The chaos damage per node, including nodes to travel there, is extremely lack luster and low imo.

7.71% increased chaos damage per node is what Method to the Madness gives. Taking 2 more jewel slots for 6 points will net you more damage if you get a triple dmg roll gem. I don't assume top tier 4 prop gems.

Overall I think you have a workable build. Armor is viable. I prefer Evasion, but it is a preference, not a mandate. The only thing I would absolutely change is Method to the Madness.

Thanks for the quick response!
The reasoning for going IR would be that I was gonna use lioneye's vision, and stack eva on the rest of the items, but I'll prolly test run IR and Acrobatics and see what I feel most comfortable with.
I see your point on the method of the madness, and 2 jewel would most likely benefit me more, especially since 2 of the 4 travel points are 8 % evasion, granting a bit more defense.

I appreciate the response. thanks
Last edited by Mathoddie on Mar 31, 2016, 7:56:39 PM
Hello guys, is it possible to play with corrupted +1 all gems tabula rasa with empower lvl 2 (+3 total)

If yes, what bow should i pick?
"
kapin77 wrote:
Hello guys, is it possible to play with corrupted +1 all gems tabula rasa with empower lvl 2 (+3 total)

If yes, what bow should i pick?

Don't use empower until level 3. I would just save up for a 5L +3 or a 6L +2.

Can you do it with a Tabula? Sure, but the damage will be kinda meh.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info