Ele attack damage leech on tree!! wait......

"
maxor wrote:

But be carefull of what you wish for as the normal method of dealing with this kind of imbalance is not to buff the weak but as we all know its to nerf the strong so yeah shhhhhhh.

Two words; Power creep.

Hell, I almost solo'd cruel malachai with my non-crit glacial cascade MoM witch. I had 3k effective hp at 55, tooltip dps was at I think 1.1k with GC (which is actually a tad misleading) and I had pretty shit gear aside from my 4-link necro circlet that gave like 280 ES and some decent res if I remember correctly. Unfortunately nothing will save you from accidentally misclicking into Malachai's arm portal thing while the ground hands are also hitting you.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
I have to say leech isn't the most casual friendly mechanic.
Granted, there are too many combinations of different type of total dmg,
making some builds too op vs others, if leech was universal for all and any dmg.

Just missing the good old simple days of D2 when leech was leech without x% more leech on a sunday, x% increased leech rate, x% to maximum leech, x% of leech leeched (inception style) if it's rainy outside,
x% of leeched speed rate multiplied by the root of increased added leech divided by more leech of the leech...

It's really hard to feel leech till you got all the gear and clvl ready, so planning anything in forhand is impossible, because you just can't know how much leech from nodes you need.
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
Last edited by Quantume on Dec 7, 2015, 5:41:36 PM
In Diablo 2, "Leech was Leech" only if you hit an enemy with 100% Leech effectiveness on Normal difficulty. However, most monsters have different Leech effectiveness (that's why you can't Leech from some enemies: 0% effectiveness), and there was a penalty based on difficulty. Both of these are entirely invisible modifiers, by the way.
On top of that, it's never stated how fast you recover Leeched Life whatsoever. Do you recover over the course of one second? Or does it vary, maybe? Does it stack from multiple hits?

I've played more Diablo II than Path of Exile, but I cannot tell you how Life Steal works in Diablo II, not in the slightest. At least GGG has the decency to tell you how Leech works. :/
"
Vipermagi wrote:
In Diablo 2, "Leech was Leech" only if you hit an enemy with 100% Leech effectiveness on Normal difficulty. However, most monsters have different Leech effectiveness (that's why you can't Leech from some enemies: 0% effectiveness), and there was a penalty based on difficulty. Both of these are entirely invisible modifiers, by the way.
On top of that, it's never stated how fast you recover Leeched Life whatsoever. Do you recover over the course of one second? Or does it vary, maybe? Does it stack from multiple hits?

I've played more Diablo II than Path of Exile, but I cannot tell you how Life Steal works in Diablo II, not in the slightest. At least GGG has the decency to tell you how Leech works. :/

In D2Lod leech by itself was pretty useless except it kept whirlwind barbs and zeal paladins alive. These were not the best farming builds but they could be compared to Cyclone or Double strike in Poe.

In Lod they had a curse called ''life-tap''(rendering you invincible once locked on to a target as long the curse was not expired) which was D2lod's equivelant of Poe's vaal pact which enabled uber Tristram to be completed at least with the help of an attack skill that never misses and stays on one target.(smite) and a terribly broken item mod(crushing blow) which takes a hard % of life away from enemies per hit along with it's natural dps. I have to say, Poe is much more balanced.
Last edited by xxSerpentlordxx on Dec 7, 2015, 6:54:05 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
I have no idea why its not near shadow who is intended to be a elemental/chaos attacker.

because when leech was redone in 2.0 and added into the tree, it was meant to be something the Duelist specialized in so that he would have a niche. Duelists (and rangers and mara's, who were also meant to benefit from the leech love in the tree in 2.0) very frequently use skills that convert physical to elemental or add %phys as elemental which takes away their ability to leech off parts of their attacks with physical attack damage leech.

The shadow isn't meant to specialize in leech, whether he's an elemental/chaos attacker or not. If he wants it, he can go out of his way for it. God knows Duelists have to go out of their way for enough already (i.e. anything that involves intelligence requirements, which is way too much in this game), other classes can stand to do the same.

As for why casters don't get leech in the tree or random gear? Because they get plenty of their own benefits... range (and range > nearly any defense short of immunity in this game), clearing and AoE, crowd control and status ailments, utility, etc.

Now admittedly, bows get a lot of that too, and personally i think it's awful that bows get the same level of leech potential from their attacks as melees. I think melee attacks should have implicit benefits to leeching (as in, melee attacks naturally get 100% more leech per second and get an effective 100% more modifier to their maximum leech rate, something like that... basically melee attacks would generate double the health/mana from leeching, but it wouldn't make them reach their max leech rate cap any faster). And spells and ranged attacks, be they from bows/wands or just projectiles generated via melee weapons, wouldn't get those bonuses.
Last edited by Shppy on Dec 7, 2015, 7:05:22 PM
Life Tap would be similar to Vaal Pact if it also granted something silly like 120% Leech, untyped :P LT was so stupidly good, pretty fun to abuse the hell out of it.
Also important: the busted +Damage modifier found on the Grief Runeword, otherwise Smite won't deal notable Damage.
(unlike Atziri, I've actually cleared Uber Trist!)

------
Loads of Attacks convert to Elements. Most of these are pure Strength, and there's a couple Dex Attacks. Int doesn't get a lot of Elemental Conversion Attacks. Stat-wise it makes sense I guess?
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 7, 2015, 6:59:52 PM
I can't find this node. Where is it exactly?
"
macexor wrote:
I can't find this node. Where is it exactly?

It's the new Vitality Void cluster, next to the Duelist's Frenzy Charge.
Ahhh
I was looking for "elemental attack damage leech", but it's simply "attack damage leech".

Was against going to the duelist area as a shadow/ranger wander, but might now change my mind. :D
"
macexor wrote:
Ahhh
I was looking for "elemental attack damage leech", but it's simply "attack damage leech".

Was against going to the duelist area as a shadow/ranger wander, but might now change my mind. :D

I'm also interested in Warlords mark now that it can be cast as an aura 2% more leech + chance for endurance charges..Combine that with Daresso's chest for additional leech and endurance charges and vaal pact. You almost have a D2 Smiter.

If you grab the duelist leech nodes, the shadow leech node and use a leech gem as well as Daressos you now have 7 % instant leech from Vaal pact (when using warlords mark) not reduced by mixing elemental dps. This 7% does not account for leech from other gear slots obviously.
Last edited by xxSerpentlordxx on Dec 8, 2015, 12:18:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info