Ele attack damage leech on tree!! wait......

Well its intresting tho Attck only, so cast wont worck with leech from skill tree.
This is more buff to help single target attack whit new splash changes.
Mainly most of skills aare also a 50% converted to element, this whas fine balance compered to auras and added fire, it do give more damage but also more ways to resist it.
Dont espect to use spells to leech with thos nodes as they are cast and not Attack.

Fact that leech whas rather horible to beging with i dont think all will benefit from this changes, it will be invesment and is hard to see how good.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Dec 7, 2015, 9:00:09 PM
Is there any chance that cluster will move closer to ranger/shadow once ascendancy hits?

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
Is there any chance that cluster will move closer to ranger/shadow once ascendancy hits?

Doubt it. Leech isn't supposed to be a shadow niche (outside of claws). It's not really meant to be a ranger niche either, though it's still something they're intended to have some small affinity for. It's meant to be the duelist's thing to specialize in, and frankly it's approaching the outskirts of his area already. It's unlikely to move over any further.
Last edited by Shppy on Dec 7, 2015, 9:49:25 PM
It seems to me, if it is placed by affinity to the class, it should be located on the other side of duelist between it and marauder. The marauder has way more leech affinity to me. At least with passives already over there. but mostly just seems like a change that just helps ele bow users and not much else.
Last edited by flyingfish24 on Dec 7, 2015, 10:34:08 PM
"
flyingfish24 wrote:
It seems to me, if it is placed by affinity to the class, it should be located on the other side of duelist between it and marauder. The marauder has way more leech affinity to me.

Eh, kinda, but there's already multiple sources of life leech closer to the marauder... still, he's got no mana leech while the ranger already does... but then again mara's also a little more geared towards blood magic... yeah, it's a little tricky. Ultimately, back in 2.0 they said they wanted the duelist to specialize in leech, while the ranger and marauder would both get a bit offered to them to a lesser extent, so it works out alright. It does kinda pander a bit more to ele archers than it probably should, especially since Vaal Pact was moved and buffed to pander heavily to the ranger's and shadow's convenience... idk, maybe the life+mana leech wheel and the duelist's other life leech cluster (the physical attack only one) ought to be swapped in location.

"
but mostly just seems like a change that just helps ele bow users and not much else.

Not true, it's a rather big deal for any phys-to-elemental skill, as most of them have a hard time using physical leech from gear and whatnot. The skills themselves already convert 40-60% of their own physical damage to an element, and furthermore things like added fire, hatred, and herald of ash just cause even more physical-based elemental damage they can't leech from normally... hell, phys to lightning can work as a nice dps boost too (especially with weapon elemental damage), but usually kills all ability to leech with physical attack leech completely.

If you were to just run HoA+Hatred with an 50% conversion skill, the 2% leech you could get from that wheel would grant about as much leech to that skill as 6% physical attack leech, more if you also support your skill with added fire, weapon elemental damage, and/or phys to lightning. In my opinion, spending about 4 nodes and possibly a couple travel nodes is well worth it to be able to replace the Life Leech gem in your setup with something damaging, especially since you'll also get .4% mana leech on attacks and the proximity to grab more for a couple passives, enabling you to run without blood magic (therefore allowing you to drop that as well for yet another damaging support)
Last edited by Shppy on Dec 7, 2015, 11:37:55 PM
"
Einkil wrote:
"
maxor wrote:

But be carefull of what you wish for as the normal method of dealing with this kind of imbalance is not to buff the weak but as we all know its to nerf the strong so yeah shhhhhhh.

Two words; Power creep.

Hell, I almost solo'd cruel malachai with my non-crit glacial cascade MoM witch. I had 3k effective hp at 55, tooltip dps was at I think 1.1k with GC (which is actually a tad misleading) and I had pretty shit gear aside from my 4-link necro circlet that gave like 280 ES and some decent res if I remember correctly. Unfortunately nothing will save you from accidentally misclicking into Malachai's arm portal thing while the ground hands are also hitting you.

The entire game is soloable. Being able to solo a boss on freaking cruel is not power creep at all.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Dec 8, 2015, 12:39:18 AM
"
Shppy wrote:

"
but mostly just seems like a change that just helps ele bow users and not much else.

Not true, it's a rather big deal for any phys-to-elemental skill, as most of them have a hard time using physical leech from gear and whatnot. The skills themselves already convert 40-60% of their own physical damage to an element, and furthermore things like added fire, hatred, and herald of ash just cause even more physical-based elemental damage they can't leech from normally... hell, phys to lightning can work as a nice dps boost too (especially with weapon elemental damage), but usually kills all ability to leech with physical attack leech completely.

If you were to just run HoA+Hatred with an 50% conversion skill, the 2% leech you could get from that wheel would grant about as much leech to that skill as 6% physical attack leech, more if you also support your skill with added fire, weapon elemental damage, and/or phys to lightning. In my opinion, spending about 4 nodes and possibly a couple travel nodes is well worth it to be able to replace the Life Leech gem in your setup with something damaging, especially since you'll also get .4% mana leech on attacks and the proximity to grab more for a couple passives, enabling you to run without blood magic (therefore allowing you to drop that as well for yet another damaging support)

I have never had trouble leeching with up to a 60% conversion of phys to ele. I have played only crit builds though and not any non-crit so some what biased. I may run the skill tree passives now instead of using gear leech affixes, but didnt need help leeching before this. I have probably never had a weapon over 310 pdps and usually run a 5-link. Unless I am running vaal pack, extra leech doesnt do me any good as I am already against the leech limit per second. have used all sorts of weapons too, not just claws with built in leech. I do agree that if you are running life leech in your set-up, then definitely worth it to enter that wheel for those nodes

I have also never understood why people think blood magic required for melee. I have made static strikers, flicker strikers, lightning strikers, reavers, and others and never needed blood magic. rings, ammys and gloves can all get mana leech, and weps too if you get lucky. One semi decent mana leech ring and an extra gem slot is way more valuable than using blood magic to me. with 100% reservation obviously required, but i usually find an extra link more damage than HoA. All the "mark" curses provide mana too.

Overall there may be a few more benefits to it than I originally thought. But overall i think the leech nodes would be better served moved to a place where more ele only attackers can use them.(templars, shadows) they could even be nerfed and I would be happy if moved
Flyingfish24

''Overall there may be a few more benefits to it than I originally thought. But overall i think the leech nodes would be better served moved to a place where more ele only attackers can use them.(templars, shadows) they could even be nerfed and I would be happy if moved''

Nooooo! My last La ranger ripd to a reflect map boss. I had some insta leech but not enough to overcome my att speed. The leech buff solves the problem for me. Honestly, it is only a few % anyways. It is not like it is game breaking. In fact, it's just enough offset leech to kite back and not abandon the map as I would normally do .
Last edited by xxSerpentlordxx on Dec 8, 2015, 11:59:57 AM
The lack of elemental leech/attack leech on the upper side of tree is very annoying.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
Idk whay so mach wine. Caster have Mana/life node, Life/mana regen node, starting mana regeneration, the have EB, MoM. Attack classes have?

better defenses, better life, better life regen, better damage, better leech, better movespeed, better resource management... attack classes just have better absolutely everything that matters than casters, thats all they have.

Good points, but casters have ES+CI and CI>all.

Don't think it would be a good idea to bring better leech near the ES/CI Clusters.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info