Balance Changes in Content Update 2.1.0

Are you kidding me?

"
Incinerate (Nerfed)
Incinerate now receives less of a bonus per stage, as its damage was too high. Its general damage has been rebalanced, resulting in less overall damage at higher levels. The skill was dealing far too much damage once fully charged, trivializing some end-game encounters. There were significant community demands for this skill to be adjusted.

That really sounded reasonable but then:

"
Bows and Bow Skills (Buffed)

Really? You nerfed incinerate because it was to strong and then you buffed bows and bow skills that were even way more overpowered than incinerate? What kind of logic is this? The "balance" team never failed to prove that they don't know anything about this game at all. It's so ridiculous I don't know what to say............
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Rory wrote:
Incinerate (Nerfed)
Incinerate now receives less of a bonus per stage, as its damage was too high. Its general damage has been rebalanced, resulting in less overall damage at higher levels. The skill was dealing far too much damage once fully charged, trivializing some end-game encounters. There were significant community demands for this skill to be adjusted.

Can we get a longer explanation? Which encounters? Which builds were overpowered? Maybe some concrete numbers, too? Seems lazy to just lower damage output.

I've done Atziri and high-end maps with RF Incinerate, and they're far from trivial. Maps are especially slow.
IGN: Warp_Nine
"
olivertwizted wrote:
"
Yggdrasil_57 wrote:
I have another fix for you.

If really you despised legacy items so much, just don't play standard anymore. Have fun in temporary leagues. You'll find the more up-to-date balanced gameplay and a healthy economy (at the beginning of the league at least).

Yes have fun re-rolling your char every 1-3 months just to throw your invested time away at the end of league and start over...

So much fun

How is it 'throwing invested time away'? The character doesn't magically vanish once the league ends unless the player deletes them or chooses not to continue to play in standard. If either of those happen, it is quite obvious that that is not where the players wishes to spend their time, and instead wishes to invest in temp leagues.
One could say the same thing about standard:
'Yes, have fun sticking to a permanent league that is jam-packed with over the top mirrored-gear that costs anywhere between 1500-2000 exalts for the complete set! (Example: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/660404 (player has said on stream that he has sunk that much currency into build's displayed gear, hence why he sees no reason to make a build guide for it))

"
olivertwizted wrote:
"
I have to hand it to the devs if they can read some of these comments and not succumb to the urge to punch their screen.
It has been a while since I last read this amount of salt/tears/whatever you wish to call it over balance changes and legacies, and it isn't even from a large group of players...

Lol thats funny you think the devs actually read and care about what the average poe player thinks. jokes bro jokes. I would love to see a pm in my inbox acknowledging that a dev actually read something i wrote regardless of whether he even considered any of it. Maybe if i add my checking and routing number?

If you're waiting for special attention from the devs just for you then you might not want to hold your breath. This is a company with a fairly large player-base and their operations are growing all the time (there have been numerous news posts about new staff hires and having to move to bigger offices to accommodate). If you truly do want to speak with a dev directly, shoot them a PM. They will respond, trust me. I've had many a conversation with Chris, Mark, Henry and others via either PM or email.
Last edited by GoatEatingToilet on Dec 8, 2015, 10:42:11 PM
"
666lol666 wrote:
Are you kidding me?

"
Incinerate (Nerfed)

That really sounded reasonable but then:

"

Really? You nerfed incinerate because it was to strong and then you buffed bows and bow skills that were even way more overpowered than incinerate? What kind of logic is this? The "balance" team never failed to prove that they don't know anything about this game at all. It's so ridiculous I don't know what to say............

sorry to say, they need supported to buy supporter pack.

they count when incinerate or other skill got buffed how many supporter pack sold,but when they buffed #1 OP skill (like bow right now) how many supported buyer increase.

same story with spectral throw,when buyer on saturation point they change the game,nerf bow to the ground,and make new #1 OP skill.

this is free to play game,they need sold supporter pack to make long live game/server for player.please understand.
Well lets analyze the logic behind this decisions...

They think incinerate is overpowered but I've seen builds doing 400k dos in tooltip... they don't feel that's overpowered, i saw someone saying that the problem with incinerate is not the clear speed but the way it scales without critical... so then why not just tone down the DPS BUT ALLOW IT TO CRIT so it needs to be geared up like the rest of the spells?...

They think the surgeon's are Overpowered but instead of make a global Nerf they will add another legacy SH*T, but that's not even the funny part the funnest part is that they are dumb that they announce it almost one week early to let every greedy bastard fill a stash's with surgeon...

See whats happening here?

I just got the whole idea behind the legacy items... SELL SELL SELL SELL STASH TABS isn't that pretty logic? that's why they will keep legacy items and that's why the exalted drop its ridiculously low, when you are unable to sell the stuff you gather it ends up in the stash and sooner or later you will end up with tons of stuff you cannot sell but you don't want to vendor that's the whole point GREED that greed will kill the new player base and eventually kill the game.
Post the Patch Notes already lazy bastards!
http://www.myit-media.de/the_end.html

"

i agree 100% there was nothing wrong with incinerate if u nerfed it maybe 10% thats ok but there should not be any nerf it just cause evreyone talks shit about it i put real money in this game and sence u nerf evreything players bitch about well im bitching about incinerate getting nerfed like wtf but u buff srs that does 10mil dps+ i seen a video of a guy that did 15mil dps thats stupid incinerate would do maybe 140k dps on a good day u should of never touched incinerate but sence u are nerf it only 10% please. sucks then i wasted all the money i put into this game i love incinerate i love doing ci incinerate this is just bs.
"
Alphadan wrote:
Well lets analyze the logic behind this decisions...

They think incinerate is overpowered but I've seen builds doing 400k dos in tooltip... they don't feel that's overpowered, i saw someone saying that the problem with incinerate is not the clear speed but the way it scales without critical... so then why not just tone down the DPS BUT ALLOW IT TO CRIT so it needs to be geared up like the rest of the spells?...

It's your point of view.
Many ppl were complaining about incinerate. You can go full defence and roll with bad gear, yet having decent dps and clear speed. Those 400k dps builds you talking about, they got crazy expensive gear, except some CoC builds, which can deal good damage due to mechanics of of CoC (which also was nerfed few times). As an example i can say about my es regen respecced templar, due to high es/es regen he got few damage nodes, he can do atziri with inci, and fail to do her with other any skill gem, not enough dps.

Surgeon's flask with crit builds are OP, yup. And they still will be good with some chance to get charge

Tabs?why do you hoard shit you wont use nor sell?
IGN BalaGi, SayaKho
The last time i wasted money in this game was 1-2 years ago. When Spectral Throw came out and i bought the effects. What happened one league later ? NERF NERF NERF

Since then, i don´t waste more money into this game. Today you buy a skill effect cuz it is the most OP, tomorrow they nerf it and buff another one so you can buy another effect

That is the logic behind nerf and buff. That´s why i stopped wasting money.
http://www.myit-media.de/the_end.html

Many ppl were complaining about incinerate. You can go full defence and roll with bad gear, yet having decent dps and clear speed. Those 400k dps builds you talking about, they got crazy expensive gear, except some CoC builds, which can deal good damage due to mechanics of of CoC (which also was nerfed few times). As an example i can say about my es regen respecced templar, due to high es/es regen he got few damage nodes, he can do atziri with inci, and fail to do her with other any skill gem, not enough dps.

yea and thats why they nerfed it cause of people complaining u should be doing it for the right reasons not cause people want u to so if i pay ggg 10k$ i want incinerate the most op thing in the game and i would like evrey other build nerfed to the floor id like witch to be the only thing left and u say incinerate is easey it may be a little but for new players its nice for them it helps alot thats how i got all the stuff i do today cause of incinerate it just bs when u nerf somthing for the wrong reason cause of money thats just bs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info